Hopoate set to rescue faltering Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Hopoate set to rescue faltering Sea Eagles

Nick Markham | Rugbyleaguelive.com

Manly is set to promote boom youngster William Hopoate, son of infamous Manly winger John Hopoate, in a bid to solve the side's fullback dilemma in the injury-enforced absence of Brett Stewart.

The promising 17-year-old was signed to a three-year deal reportedly worth $300,000 at the age of sixteen, and is now set to fill the shoes of the Sea Eagles' talismanic custodian, according to Manly enforcer Brent Kite.

“I think there’s a good chance of him coming up but I think he’s been injured for the first part of the year and I think he’d like to have a few games in the Toyota Cup side and get some good form on the board,” Kite told BigPond Sports Weekend

Kite was quick to defend his struggling teammates from suggestions coach Des Hasler is set to select other players from the dominant under twenty side who have lost only one game this season,

“I think it’s a bit too early for that, they’re going well and that’s good to see but I think we can turn it around.”

The Kangaroos prop concedes the Sea Eagles have lost some attacking potency without Stewart, but the reigning premiers are refusing to use his absence as an excuse.

“It’s a fact but I don’t think we can dwell on that too much because it’s going to be a long time before Brett is back,” said Kite.

The Manly forward was at a loss to explain Sea Eagles failure to convert opportunities into tries.

“As to why we’re not quite finishing off tries, I’m scratching my head at the moment,” said the veteran prop.

"Sea Eagles' talismanic custodian"
beautiful stuff: break out the pentagrams.

sounds like we're shifting into experimental mode; or des is starting the psy ops on the first graders.

I really don't like where things are headed with young hoppa

He is starting to get built up, now in the media as well, to the point where his debut will not be able to live up to the hype and could be a let down

if hes good enough hes old enough.

We have to try something. Id prefer with throw in Tony Williams and Heargraves in the forwards in place of Choc and Hall (to the bench). King should be dropped.

We are really struggling when we have to start looking at 16 year old kids to rescue our season.

Leave him in Toyota cup this year to get more experience and to build himself up physically.

They're really talking Little Hoppa up. He's been injured and not even playing Toyota cup, so to throw him in the top comp is a big call.
Maybe he'll make it as a bench player later in the season if he's playing really well for the under 20's.
One thing this young fella has going for him is that he is way better looking than dear old Dad, but he's just a baby and must reach his 21st birthday before I can morally perv on him.
Keep the kids in the kids comp, I want to watch men, but then again if a young boy could possibly save our floundering arse this year, bring him on.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8