hope you have foxtel!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
i just had a look on the NRL website and the first five rounds have been drawn up with Manly not getting one free to air game. so i hope everyone who cant get to the game has foxtel cause thats the only way you'll see the boys running around for a while. what a joke! :bdh:

just checked the numbers, tigers, broncos, cowboys and parra are on 3 times, dragons are on 4 times and newcastle and penrith are 1 and 2 respectively.

What did you expect?

Our club has the worst media management in the NRL and therefore the most negative and one of the lowest profiles.

If I were a bean counter I wouldn't want something with the stench of our team in the early free to air games either!

five teams dominate the early rounds on free to air, when this is an excellent opportunity to showcase all the teams playing in the nrl, obviously the premiers should be seen more than others but the majority of the clubs havent even got a mention, i dont want to see what we had last season with the roosters or the dogs on every time you put the tv on, there are 15 teams so 15 teams should all get a go.

It's common knowledge that Ch9 will go with the teams that will maximise their ratings early in the season before the draw starts to settle and the premiership takes place.

Ten years ago Manly dominated the ratings and were rewarded accordingly. However, now that we can't even run a spellcheck on a media release and are generally despised by the media community (thanks to one man) we can hardly expect to reap the rewards that belong to the high profile clubs that play the media game far better!

I have Foxtell, and am buying a DVD recorder with a harddrive around February, and will be burning every game. I will be able to help some of you guys out, so don't worry too much.

Manly rated very well last year for most of the season but it is Parra/Tigers and Broncos who rate the best apparently.

We have virtually all night games in the first five rounds. Do note that you have to be the number 1 game of the weekend to get Friday night, and if you look at the draw our games don't meet that. My guess is that Manly are keen to use the new lights and so asked for Sat night games, meaning big crowds, good revenue for the Leagues Club etc.

What comes around goes around. If we play well we will get our just desserts!!!

You'd have to look at our end to the season for why we aren't getting prime tele slots.

You know what I would like this year though guys, and I know this may sound weird, but I don't even care if we end up on the same wins / losses, just as long as they are scatterred out. You know, one or two losses, then a couple of wins. That end to the year just killed me. SOOO many concurrent losses isn't good for any team. It gives off the illusion of uneasiness at a club.

Well Fluffy, take a look at their "X" coaching staff to see if things are ok at their club. There were a decent amount of job losses up north.
I think the peninsula houses protected species.

I know i'm from above the border and it f@#kin sucks. Last year they had parra V st geo in round 24 or somewhere toward the end and we got broncos V panthers thankfully it turned out to be a good game but **** i wanted to watch the other game more. Especially when the flogco's are shoved down your throat every bloody week.

I don't wanna have to move house now do i?

it's just awesome when someone like me who does have foxtel and lives in QLD, (and i'll use round 24 as an example again) how we got broncos V penrith at 2:30 sunday because channel 9 had the rights to the parra - dragons game. Then at 4 we get the exact same game with QLD commentators. So i don't know the result of the parra -dragons game unless i look on nrl.com or wait for the 6 o'clock news

I know i'm from above the border and it f@#kin sucks. Last year they had parra V st geo in round 24 or somewhere toward the end and we got broncos V panthers thankfully it turned out to be a good game but **** i wanted to watch the other game more. Especially when the flogco's are shoved down your throat every bloody week.

I don't wanna have to move house now do i?
Used to drive me up the wall too - though it was worse in Canberra!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4