Honest opinion - Ballin, Appi or Parcell?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Tough calls will be made & need to be made to move forward...
Personally have been a massive Ballin fan, but in the modern game that extra creativity & spark from dummy half is a must....& needed if not the 80 minutes, at least 30 EVERY game.
Personally believe Parcell is a gun & though only briefly proven, must be in the 17 at hooker or 5/8.
The only way for all 3 is if Ballin starts with Parcell or Appi at 5/8 & the other off the bench...
Interesting times ahead but personally think Parcell has massive explosive potential, with MB the most reliable & Appi offering a mix of zip & toughness.
Its all just opinion based, with barrett & time the deciding factor - but interested to see who the Silvertails gang predicts to be there.

Ballin won't be in the team that is for sure so it's between api and parcell. For me api should be starting hooker no matter what, he has excelled at hooker and out played Segyaro at penrith even taking his starting spot! For me Koroisau is a no brainer. But then u have Parcell who has to fit into the puzzle. Parcell will be in the side but where is the question. I think he would excell at 5/8 but then u are blocking the paths of turbo and gutho. I'm undecided where to play Parcell I'm keen on him at 5/8 but at the same time he could be a good impact player off the bench and we don't really need any second rowers on the bench with our whole backrow being 80 minute players. Apisai Koroisau at number 9 Parcell ?

Api may yet end up elsewhere on compasionate grounds. @:(
Baz at least knows him from his year at the Riff.

Pre season will sort out the positions, along with the injuries @:cool:

If it were me Ballin & Parcell as a combo but to leave Api in reggies makes no sense, neither does leaving Ballin either.

Ballin will either a) find another home next year; more than likely at the tigpies (assuming nose bleed finds another home) or souffs (assuming Cameron needs more learning time). b) will captain the NSW cup team. c) retire and take up a position on the coaching staff/ manage his FT business.

If he wishes to remain playing, I hope he heads out of Manly to a club that will play him in 1st grade. It's sad but I can't really see the point of a Manly legend sitting in reggies being coached by a former junior teammate. Let alone that former teamate being Luke Williamson.

Anyways, that leaves Kori with the 9 jumper, and Australia post with either the 6 or 14 on his back. Ballin would only take the field in Manly 1st's if there was injuries to both of them.

So long Matty, legend that you are, and thanks for all the fish.

If I'm stuck with Barrett, then whoever Barrett wants.

I sadly think that Matty Ballin's time as a permanent fixture in our NRL side has come to an end. He's the wrong side of 30 and will be coming back from an ACL injury.

Both Koroisau and Parcell are only 22 and are relatively healthy.

Had you asked a cpl weeks ago I'd say Api...but after his personal tradegy who can say wether he'll even play in the immediate future?

Grand final qualifier 20 all ten minutes to go, I'd want the experience of Balin out there. not making mistakes or missing tackles.
Reg season games I'd want some attack out of dummy half and I think Api at Nine and parcell at six.
So I don't know really.

Api will be starting hooker in 2016 if mentally right. Parcell looks like a gun and should force his way into the 17 at some stage

Not sure how anyone can judge without knowing what system / style of play we are going to play next year?

Ballin has been great for the club but his best work is behind him.He also works well with 2 creative halves,which Manly won't have next yr.He may work well at the Tigers.I believe Parcell will be a superstar and is 10 times the play Koroisau is

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7