Holden Cup Finals week 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Outstanding from Knight. A gooD option for our first grade pack.
Tom clearly Affected by injury.
Demetriou an x-factor again.
Billy Bainbridge looked great at second row.

Gutsy
Gutsy win
So glad saw that one live
Now for the roosters to destroy the dogs
Make my night complete

Will give a more detailed report of our win later

Well done the manly fans who made the journey out here.

Manly still alive in 2015 :):)

Last edited:
Liam knight is going to be a star - he reminds me of JWH with less rubbish in his game. Addison and Tom make up the three stars that we have coming through. Our halves are poor in my opinion, have thought that all year. Saunders is not up to it and Ramien has potential to be a very good player in time.

Outstanding from Knight. A gooD option for our first grade pack.
Tom clearly Affected by injury.
Demetriou an x-factor again.
Billy Bainbridge looked great at second row.
Just got home from work. Welcome news!!!

Liam Knight and Addison Demitriou are future stars. Maybe that's why we aren't buying any more pigs as we r going to bring these two through

I got home to watch the last 12 minutes of the game. Great effort to come back and win the game. This team has really punched above its weight this year and now they are one game from a grand final, Fantastic effort lads.

Good luck next week lads.

I do hope Billy Bainbridge kicks on in the future. Looks like a solid footy player...... I also like his name!

Good luck to the Manly boys, the team has played well all year. Surprising to hear No. 7 Riley Travers has been signed with Souths next season another young player who has gone through the system since Harold Matts is on the move

I could have sworn nick Haynes was No 7

Liam knight is going to be a star - he reminds me of JWH with less rubbish in his game. Addison and Tom make up the three stars that we have coming through. Our halves are poor in my opinion, have thought that all year. Saunders is not up to it and Ramien has potential to be a very good player in time.

Agree
I could have sworn nick Haynes was No 7
Nicho Haynes was 7 but Travers plays there as well

Good luck next week lads.

I do hope Billy Bainbridge kicks on in the future. Looks like a solid footy player...... I also like his name!

Is it because it reminds you of another fine Manly forward of the 60s called Billy Bradstreet.?

Is it because it reminds you of another fine Manly forward of the 60s called Billy Bradstreet.?

Your probably spot on there Bearfax. Those subliminal thingey's that float around in your head!

Billy Bradsheet's playing days was a few years before my time. What style of player was he?

Your probably spot on there Bearfax. Those subliminal thingey's that float around in your head!

Billy Bradsheet's playing days was a few years before my time. What style of player was he?

Tallish,strong, slim, a build a little like Menzies though not quite as agile. Fairly fast running forward. Good defender. He played one test beating Ron Coote to the position. Usually played second row or sometimes lock. Popular player in his day.

A thrilling match which once agin underlined the talent of Liam Knight. This guy will be our forward 'firecracker' - possibly as quickly as next season. Yes, he's young, but so is Jake Turbo, and Hastings is just 19. I love his passion and he just never stops.
It seemed obvious that Tom Turbo was not running freely, although he still played well.
I can't see them winning next week, unfortunately. They don't seem to be able to defend when the opposition holds the ball for a set of six. But they can score tries.
I hope our hooker is OK. He was knocked out when he got his head in the wrong position in a tackle.
It's been a good season for the boys, and I'm sure 3-4 from this team will become first graders within a few seasons.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6