Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Trent might not be a 270K a year player, but Geez he did alright tonight.
Took on the line a few times with good effect on more than 1 occasion, strong in D, and let's not forget that field goal.

Only missed by a bears dick on the 1st too.

Where are the people calling for his sacking ? Name yourselves.

I don't want him sacked, but I would have liked to see DCE have a crack before next year. Too late now as it would be unreasonable for Des and the team to count on him (DCE) in the tight games like tonight.

Hodko did pretty good tonight. Reminded me of the Souths game earlier this season (I wonder why....)

He's a very good field goal exponent.
The odds were against us tonight guys.

Well done team - I'm wrapped....thoroughly wrapped !

He isn't worth 280k, but you would have to be a tough marker not to give him some credit tonight

Under pressure, he is kicking the 1 pointers which is a huge thing for a young bloke. Has played a huge part in 4 of our competition points

Ryan link said:
He's a very good field goal exponent.
The odds were against us tonight guys.

Well done team - I'm wrapped....thoroughly wrapped !

Me too. I was jumping up and down in my living room from 60 minutes on. I have no voice :(

i must have watched a different game i was there and he did sweet
F-A ,he can win a game with a field goal and thats all in 5 minutes he dropped the ball on the first tackle in attacking position ,failed to find touch on a penalty and kicked the ball down the fullbacks or wingers throat 3 times ,im glad hes gone .

He looks better taking on the line than firan does. Doran steps before the line hodko at the line

Dan link said:
He looks better taking on the line than firan does. Doran steps before the line hodko at the line

Haha, don't ya just hate that predictive text thing on the iphone !!

he made a few half breaks tonight, a la shane rodney at the beginning of the season.
I can see him playing a big part for us in the next few and beyond.

Not saying i would pay top dollar for him, but credit where credit is due.

TokyoEagle link said:
Trent might not be a 270K a year player, but Geez he did alright tonight.
Took on the line a few times with good effect on more than 1 occasion, strong in D, and let's not forget that field goal.

Only missed by a bears dick on the 1st too.
Couldn't agree with you more. Ok he missed finding touch once but he won us the game with that field goal and his defence was great. I gave him my 2 points and yes, credit where credit's due.

MANLY4LIFE link said:
i must have watched a different game i was there and he did sweet
F-A ,he can win a game with a field goal and thats all in 5 minutes he dropped the ball on the first tackle in attacking position ,failed to find touch on a penalty and kicked the ball down the fullbacks or wingers throat 3 times ,im glad hes gone .
It wasnt Hodkinson who missed it was Killer. Lets not be too critical of Hodkinson he is certainly putting in. there are other players more experienced making fundamental mistakes. in my eyes he is going great.  ::)

No one can knock his efforts over the last month. Hodko has certainly put in.
He is getting better and more confident each week.

I agree, but deep down I don't feel he "looks" like a manly player. I have a mindset that manly players come in two or three different moulds - the randall/daniel gartner/blake/cochrane type - lean and dark haired. Oldfield meets the criteria.

Also there is the little fair-haired fast half type - toovey, des, Johnny Gibbs. Hodkinson is blond but he is stocky and has a terrible sleeve tattoo with playing cards on it. DCE "looks" more manly to me.

His game has slowly been picking up since his contract negotiations finished imo.

I have been glad to have him there over the past few weeks.  He has been one of our better players.

Lets hope he continues it until the end of the year, then he suffers second season syndrome next year and we never see him again.

Ive never knocked his efforts,just pointed out he is the biggest ripoff buy of 2011 and his kicks in general play suck as

At the begining of the year trent was not even a 70 thousand dollar player on the market and no other team at the time was chasing him until the great des hasler and his coaching staff fine tuned trent into the much improved player that he is today. The question is will kevin moore bring out the best out of trent ( look at what he has achieved with the dogs this year) I am very confident des  hasler will turn DCE into a champion player. Sea eagle people,  our future is looking great.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4