Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he signs with the dogs, again - he can **** off and flail aimlessly around for Belrose or something. I'd rather us point towards the future. With Wolfie, Stewie and probably Lyon injured, we are just a solid 5th to 9th placed team anyways.

Give Daly-Cherry Evans the rest of the season to get acclimatized.

If Hodko wants to be a westie, and go to a team players like Hannant detest, then so be it.

I can tell you fact that Lyon / Watmough and co. were signed prior to Graham Lowe...I personally heard that from an official of the club. Same can be said of the sleeve sponsor.

Therefore, I am yet to see Lowey achieve or do ANYTHING to date. We certainly aren't the well run machine we were when Mayer was here.

Other examples are the SCSE suggesting communication has been poor since Lowe took over. I also read an article that talks have "broken down" with Lowey and his Matai's player agent - and that communication is poor.

I blame the board for this.

I agree with some of that, I think we've gone from a very professionally run club 12 months ago to a club with a bunch of old dinosaurs at the helm, most with big mouths doing what they do best which is nothing productive.

Till football clubs are run like professional businesses and the old men and their agendas are gone, rugby league will never achieve larger TV deals or grow to it's full potential.

missing_something link said:
I agree with some of that, I think we've gone from a very professionally run club 12 months ago to a club with a bunch of old dinosaurs at the helm, most with big mouths doing what they do best which is nothing productive.

Till football clubs are run like professional businesses and the old men and their agendas are gone, rugby league will never achieve larger TV deals or grow to it's full potential.

The Bulldogs are the prime example of what a good CEO can do for a club.

Yeah they 3-8 for the year and are down 23-0 against a reserve grade Melbourne team Ryan, hardly a yardstick for success.

Looks like to club put the new forum rules into place getting ready for the raft of bad news to come out in the next couple of weeks.  hodkinson and Tasi gone and orford back. 

tookey link said:
Looks like to club put the new forum rules into place getting ready for the raft of bad news to come out in the next couple of weeks.  hodkinson and Tasi gone and orford back. 
I'll buy that theory.

Ryan, you are a Grade A ****wit, you have no faith in the club at all, you believe since 1 player is leaving for a massive contract that Lowe isn't up for it, He has helped us resign Lyon and Watmough, and helped in sponsorship. Why should we beleive some nuffy behind his computer all day that our club is falling apart. **** Off.

Yawn, Lyon onto another Lowe rant. Surprised it isn't Lowe's fault we have so many injuries at the moment and that Stewart will be in court later this year. If Hodkinson does stay with us somehow that will be Mayer's doing as well I guess

We lost JWH last season, meant to be the next big thing, why didn't Mayer have him signed up ?

It isn't any of the CEOs fault that we will be losing players, it is the mere fact that we have been successful and are paying the price of the salary cap, the only option to keep them all is to go down the Melbourne Storm path ...

Ryan, Ceagle has two posts and they both are aimed fairly & squarely at you. I feel you need to teach him the simple joys of producing an experimental, highly creative YART. Might smooth the way to a future beautiful friendship.

How does this guy actually believe the Mayer resigned players without being at the club. By the sounds of it he wants the club to fail.

its the bears supporter in him Ceagle, just let him have his rant and things will be back to normal

Ceagle link said:
How does this guy actually believe the Mayer resigned players without being at the club. By the sounds of it he wants the club to fail.
  Where did he say Mayer did it?

Ryan link said:
If he signs with the dogs, again - he can F**k off and flail aimlessly around for Belrose or something. I'd rather us point towards the future. With Wolfie, Stewie and probably Lyon injured, we are just a solid 5th to 9th placed team anyways.

If Hodko wants to be a westie, and go to a team players like Hannant detest, then so be it.

I can tell you fact that Lyon / Watmough and co. were signed prior to Graham Lowe...I personally heard that from an official of the club. Same can be said of the sleeve sponsor.

Therefore, I am yet to see Lowey achieve or do ANYTHING to date. We certainly aren't the well run machine we were when Mayer was here.

Other examples are the SCSE suggesting communication has been poor since Lowe took over. I also read an article that talks have \"broken down\" with Lowey and his Matai's player agent - and that communication is poor.

And I repeat my question, where did he say Mayer re-signed anyone?

Ryan link said:
If he signs with the dogs, again - he can F**k off and flail aimlessly around for Belrose or something. I'd rather us point towards the future. With Wolfie, Stewie and probably Lyon injured, we are just a solid 5th to 9th placed team anyways.

Other examples are the SCSE suggesting communication has been poor since Lowe took over. I also read an article that talks have \"broken down\" with Lowey and his Matai's player agent - and that communication is poor.

And I repeat my question, where did he say Mayer re-signed anyone?

Managers are a big part of this imbruglio and we have no real idea about what is happening here.

The Dogs are negotiating with Kimmorley at present, have signed Barba and Roberts. Who knows whether they are using Hodkinson to get Kimmorley at a lower price or have plans to dump him but don't want to do so in a public manner. Hodkinson hails from the area close to Dogs territory. There are so many ifs and buts about this situation, though the smoke from the Manly camp is that we are resigned to him going.

The whole salary cap fiasco with the Storm has a lot of clubs nervous - and ensuring their books are in good shape. We are developing good young players but can't keep every one. Some of us are very quick to judge with nary the full picture. I hope we can somehow keep Hodko as 1/2 is such an important position, though I think Foran is the more important of the two to keep if it push comes to shove.

Ryan said : If Hodko wants to be a westie, and go to a team players like Hannant detest, then so be it

Then Ryan said: The Bulldogs are the prime example of what a good CEO can do for a club

Make up your mind.

:)

Greenburg is an outstanding back-end administrator, and can certainly get $$$$ flowing through the club. However beyond that I do not know

Douggie - there is a big difference between what Greenburg has done for the club, and what I perceive to be a pretty horrid area.

Greenburg has done wonderful things with his playing roster, his ability to change people perceptions of his club etc.

That being said, it is still down town Belmore.

That's what I'm saying :)

And Ceagle - I'll debate your discussion and / or outbursts when you try and use some tact.

It is well documented that the dogs have plenty of room in their cap and with Hannant leaving, they'll have a few extra dollars to throw around. If you have heaps of room under the cap it makes it easier for any ceo to buy players.

We haven't got that luxury, hence the release of Perry, and can't compete with the big dollars offered by other clubs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4