Hindys hand grenade: Jake to be Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just watching the Matty Johns show, and Hindys Handgranade segment reckons the mail is Jake will take over the captaincy within the next month, freeing up DCE to concentrate on his own game. Thoughts? Mine are that Jake plays with so much passion, and he’s already a target for six agains by the refs, will that passion spill over into more penalties against us?
Or is it the spark the rest of the team need, especially DCE?

Well we need to do something. David Brent Evans has been a complete fail as a Captain. It's exacerbated the issue this season because he has been woefully out of form as well, making him look even more inept. If taking the Captaincy off him improves his play then lets do it already. We certainly won't be any worse off. Not sure Jake is the answer, but at least he has some passion which might fire up some of the team.

Being a club captain week in week out is way more different to captaining the elite rep players. For QLD all he has to do is a few interviews, call the toss and hold up the trophy. I suspect he gets the job because he is the oldest/most experienced and can string 3 words together. He was hardly what you call inspirational there either.

Just watching the Matty Johns show, and Hindys Handgranade segment reckons the mail is Jake will take over the captaincy within the next month, freeing up DCE to concentrate on his own game. Thoughts? Mine are that Jake plays with so much passion, and he’s already a target for six agains by the refs, will that passion spill over into more penalties against us?
Or is it the spark the rest of the team need, especially DCE?
Not sure Jake is the answer, Jake needs to focus on his own form.

I would go Foran, inspirational player and a stop gap measure until someone demands it.

It should spark them many off contract looking for a new gig.

I really don't understand the notion that foregoing the captaincy will improve your own game. How will this make DCE a better player?
It may not, but what have we got to lose ?? He can't play any worse.

Some people are just natural captains and take it in their stride, and some people rise to the role and it improves their game. Then there are others that just never quite pull it off for whatever reason. Beaver was another classic example. Doesn't make you any less of a person. I freely admit I would be no good at the role either.

Jakes too emotive imo. He was giving that impassioned speech in the sheds at half time which was great to see. Then they score in the second half and he’s back in the in goal doing it all again. Need to be careful with that approach or guys will be like “Jakes at it again......” loses its affect.

Jakes too emotive imo. He was giving that impassioned speech in the sheds at half time which was great to see. Then they score in the second half and he’s back in the in goal doing it all again. Need to be careful with that approach or guys will be like “Jakes at it again......” loses its affect.
Was thinking the exact same thing.
He tends to just go off every time instead of picking his moments for effect.
Then you also have his facial expressions that appear like he is having a sook.
Love the guy and his passion, not sure he's ready for the C just yet.

At least it will give Suli something to do, he doesn't tackle or run
7L3RWrFXiJiUg.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4