Hindys hand grenade: Jake to be Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jakes too emotive imo. He was giving that impassioned speech in the sheds at half time which was great to see. Then they score in the second half and he’s back in the in goal doing it all again. Need to be careful with that approach or guys will be like “Jakes at it again......” loses its affect.
Agree. On the MJ’s Show, Hindmarsh pointed out half the players were not listening to Jake, just staring off somewhere thinking, Mmmm....chicken.

What's the point of within the next month? Why plan for something like that? Short and sharp. Do it. Don't talk about it. Reflects the problem of the team really. Why tackle now when you can plan for it next week?
Don’t shoot the messenger. Blame Hindy.:)

......and for what its worth, I agree.

It'd be nice if one journo or media hack would acknowledge they just got their rumour off ST.
I mean it's the right thing to do and it wont make your thingy shrivel (men only).

I don't know how much extra Captains in RL have to do so I'm not sure of the workload. If it helps dce get back into form, then pitter patter, let's get at 'er.

Agree with you other sausage roll eaters in that Jake is awesome but needs to tamp down on the emotional outbursts regarding refs. If he were to be captain, he should make sure in the first week that when he barks, the team listen.

On the plus side, it gives him a reason to get back at the refs.

Refs: Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake!

Jake (c): Refs! Refs! Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!

I wonder how Cherry would react to being fronted by his captain on the field after he runs up out of the line in defense or stuffs up an attacking play? Not well I suspect.

Jake’s playing ****house?

Disagree. I reckon Jake’s probably doing exactly what he’s told. Hold the ball. Hit it up. Tackle. Simple Des instructions.

I can guarantee Cherry isn’t being told to drop the ball, pass to nobody, crab sideways etc.
Big weekend ??

Just watching the Matty Johns show, and Hindys Handgranade segment reckons the mail is Jake will take over the captaincy within the next month, freeing up DCE to concentrate on his own game. Thoughts? Mine are that Jake plays with so much passion, and he’s already a target for six agains by the refs, will that passion spill over into more penalties against us?
Or is it the spark the rest of the team need, especially DCE?
I like it... Jake seems to be a natural leader and DCE needs to concentrate on his own game...

win/win... Well probably still loss/loss...

It'd be nice if one journo or media hack would acknowledge they just got their rumour off ST.
I mean it's the right thing to do and it wont make your thingy shrivel (men only).

I don't know how much extra Captains in RL have to do so I'm not sure of the workload. If it helps dce get back into form, then pitter patter, let's get at 'er.

Agree with you other sausage roll eaters in that Jake is awesome but needs to tamp down on the emotional outbursts regarding refs. If he were to be captain, he should make sure in the first week that when he barks, the team listen.

On the plus side, it gives him a reason to get back at the refs.

Refs: Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake!

Jake (c): Refs! Refs! Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!Refs! Refs!
So many rumours come from here , we are the go to place for Journo’s.

If DCE is stripped of the captaincy, i'd actually consider moving him to 14.

06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran
09. Cade Cust
14. Daly Cherry-Evans

Play him like they did in the really good Queensland state of origin teams

I'm hoping DCE is sacked as captain and spits the dummy and leaves the club to free up the cap.
Oh it's nice to dream when will this dce,foran and hasler nightmare end.

I'm hoping DCE is sacked as captain and spits the dummy and leaves the club to free up the cap.
Oh it's nice to dream when will this dce,foran and hasler nightmare end.
100% you can see him spit the dummy if the captaincy is taken from him. Would be a great result for the club if he did and bailed to the Dogs.

Who gets it doesn’t matter. The players who get picked each week aren’t good enough and are coached to play a different game to everyone else.

Until that changes it is just rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic and probably causes more issues in the playing group.And whether he has the C or not DCE knows our results are down to him because of his salary and position as playmaker.Pressure doesn’t go away.

Until the main issues are fixed we are locked in a four way battle for the spoon. That’s the reality. Changing a captain when it’s hard to even identify someone who deserves to get picked each week changes nothing.

One thing that actually may relieve some PLAYING pressure is picking him at 9.Nothing to lose , suits his game and if we remain a rabble we lose nothing and Shuster at least gets to play 6 for experience.

Last edited:
Jake was trying to gee the boys up last game and being largely ignored. Tom should be captain when fit. He's a smart player and more than anyone else, inspires confidence and lifts his team mates. Just gotta get him on the paddock for more than a week obviously

Jake inspires with his tackling full stop .

Jake does not inspire with big hard running carries gaining big meters

Jake has become very predictable under Des and so have all our other players

Under Des the Manly captain and the crew look all lost as sea

Des needs to start doing his job by lifting all his players as one so they can finally get the bloody job done and start winning !!!

2020 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers4400948
2Rabbitohs4301546
3Eels3300366
4Raiders4301336
5Roosters3201664
6Storm4202364
7Sharks4202264
8Dragons3201194
9Titans4202194
10Knights3201164
11Warriors3201124
12Broncos4103-302
13Tigers3102-482
14Cowboys4004-1050
15Bulldogs4004-1060
16Sea Eagles4004-1220

Jake inspires with his tackling full stop .

Jake does not inspire with big hard running carries gaining big meters

Jake has become very predictable under Des and so have all our other players

Under Des the Manly captain and the crew look all lost as sea

Des needs to start doing his job by lifting all his players as one so they can finally get the bloody job done and start winning !!!

2020 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers4400948
2Rabbitohs4301546
3Eels3300366
4Raiders4301336
5Roosters3201664
6Storm4202364
7Sharks4202264
8Dragons3201194
9Titans4202194
10Knights3201164