Hicks is the worry!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
last year I noticed that he played poorly in most games. The worst ws that Cowboys game when he forgot 2 mark Ty Williams at the end when a kick was on for all money and Cowboys won. To be honest, his first year was great, but people forget he was a reserve grader even before his supposed argument with John Lang. Last year Hicks main move was that 20 metre across field run to no where. While we bag witt, monas etc they are trying to make things happen. I'm putting u all on notice to watch Hicks as well.

Interesting comment and well justified, though as a winger myself (in days gone by) I tend to mark hard and was not as harsh as you.. I wonder if Hicks was injured for some of the season as he looked sluggish at times though still did some good things as well. He was touted as being electrically quick but McDougall left him for dead in the Souths game, though he came back well.

Hope to see a better season from 'Spider' as good centre-wing combinations will be vital to our success, especially with the 'Duck' gone to England.

Will watch Hicks and the other winger (whoever he might be) closely.

He did have a good season in his debut year at Manly and some were confused as to why he did not get another try there. He is certainly fast and

I believe his first year was sensational! He also played in the centres where he had a lot more room to beat the opposite no. Give him a chance to get used to the wing possy and he could be our top try scorer this season coming.

Hicks ran the 100m in 10.98s in pre season training last year. Then a knee injury kept him quiet for a while. I think he's bulked up a bit this year so i'm keen to see how he goes. So before you jump on Darrens put **** on spider bandwagon, have a look at the reasons that may be behind a players lack lustre performance.

Hicks ran the 100m in 10.98s in pre season training last year. Then a knee injury kept him quiet for a while. I think he's bulked up a bit this year so i'm keen to see how he goes. So before you jump on Darrens put **** on spider bandwagon, have a look at the reasons that may be behind a players lack lustre performance.

Fonz, wether we like it or not a player will be judged by their performance on the field. I am not sure who made the statement that goes along the lines of "once you run onto the field you will be judged as if you are 100% fit" is true to me.

NRL is a harsh enviroment and its supporters even harsher. If you are unfit don't play, if the club insists you play then let the club be condemmend for that decision, the problem is that the club will never admit to making an injured player take the field. So supporters will simply be critical of players perecived poor performance.

Corso if only such a balanced statement was made on MSE when Kingy was getting pummeled for ordinary performances because of Dessie throwing him into the game, when he probably shouldn't have been playing. While Hecks was being held back in PL.

But look at it like this fellas:-

We all agree the forwards have to excel in order for Matty Orford to do his game properly right?

Chris Hicks had a plethora of Centres next to him throughout the year, with many varied styles of play. As a winger, Chris really has to rely on quality ball from the centre to look really good (Look at Colin Best / Wes Naquama for example). Chris had NO consistency this year whatsoever.

I can also give examples of when he came in field to look for the footy. Something Donald very rarely did.

Canberra. Round 26 at night. Took a ball off Shayne Dunley, up the middle of the park, to score a try.

If Chris is nect to Alberts or Bell, and they stay injury free, I'm sure we will see the Hicks of old.

Remember, this is a team sport guys. Hicks is a winger, so can't do everything, and like I said, it's the quality of the ball he gets that will determine how efficient he comes across..

Yeah I think Hicks is a lot better than most at the club when you talk wingers. He was Mnaly's best the year before but played mostly centre. A bad shoulder injury early in the year set him back but I think he should be on his game this year. Give him a chance he will go OK

I thought he started to show some promising signs late last season. He seemed to be enjoying his footy more than early in the season where i thought he looked disinterested.

In the Cowboys game, didn't he take the Kick for goaql, and the ref re-started to quickly to allow hicks to get back into position

If Hicks was contained somewhat last year due to injury then that is one thing.

Its completley another to state that Hicks was a reserve grader and thus suggest that the average performances last season were due to his not being up to NRL standard.

IF thats what Darren is stating then I disagree. I have faith in Hicks and belive he will excel in 06.

I still say that Id like to see him partner Bell in the centres.

I tend to agree Jatz - I think he was wasted on the wing. If he was not a better centre than either Hill, Alberts or Matai was last year then I will walk to Bourke

I'm going to jump on the Ryan bandwagon and do a 1/2 yart.

01. Stewart
02. Stephenson
03. Hicks
04. Bell
05. ?

Haven't seen Robertson play yet so who knows. Wonder what Alberts would be like on the wing?

from what I saw of Alberts last year, it seems he could be one of those freakish players capable of doing anything... when a team is firing.
A few things I saw him do indicated that he has alot of natural talent just a matter of harnessing that.

I'm going to jump on the Ryan bandwagon and do a 1/2 yart.

01. Stewart
02. Stephenson
03. Hicks
04. Bell
05. ?

Haven't seen Robertson play yet so who knows. Wonder what Alberts would be like on the wing?

How DARE you !!! HeHeHe...

01. Brett Stewart
02. Paul Stephenson
03. Steven Bell
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Chris Hicks

......and never question me again !!!!

01. Brett Stewart
02. Paul Stephenson
03. Steven Bell
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Chris Hicks
06. Michael Witt
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

15. Shayne Dunley
16. Luke Williamson
17. Kylie Leuleuai
18. Mark Bryant

and we all know it !!!

01. Brett Stewart
02. Paul Stephenson
03. Steven Bell
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Chris Hicks
06. Michael Witt
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

15. Shayne Dunley
16. Luke Williamson
17. Kylie Leuleuai
18. Mark Bryant

and we all know it !!!

I like that team apart from Witt, not convinced on him. maybe playing outside orford will really improve his game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4