Hey Trent , Give the young Guns a Go !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cliffy could be inconsistent
Just recall that Cliffy went through a brief stage in the early Ninties or so with some occasional inconsistent or indifferent form especially in defence but of course his over all career for the Sea Eagles can only be described as great .

Cliffy went through an extended period at Manly where he was frequently criticised for errors in attack, I think typically resulting in us losing possession. Maybe trying too much too soon. But I don’t recall his defence was ever a problem.

This was all before he broke through into NSW and Kangaroo teams. Player Project says his breakthrough year was 1990 at age 29. Just shows it can take time to hone certain special skills.

Cliffy went through an extended period at Manly where he was frequently criticised for errors in attack, I think typically resulting in us losing possession. Maybe trying too much too soon. But I don’t recall his defence was ever a problem.

This was all before he broke through into NSW and Kangaroo teams. Player Project says his breakthrough year was 1990 at age 29. Just shows it can take time to hone certain special skills.
Not making excuses for Cliff as he took a chance anywhere on the field and often early in the set, but it was mostly the case he was too advanced for his runners, that was the issue for the errors.
Looking at a bloke with anticipation and timing on his runs like Beaver Menzies, very few passes here resulted in errors.

Actually he reminds me of this kid

No wonder you are a fan Bozo (What i am trying to get at is that as good as players look in the younger years almost all of them need time to adapt to first grade - if he does not fire straight away it will be as much down to the unrealistic expectations of supporters as his level of talent)

Brian Kelly could be anything. He had wonderful chemistry with Jorge Taufua early, but unfortunately Jorge got injured. People forget that was his 1st year EVER in 1st grade, was 20 years old, and had to play with quite a few different backrowers feeding him the ball, and of coarse, variant wingers.

He'll play rep footy in my opinion (actually, LOL, he already has being selected for Country).

Cliffy could be inconsistent

True, he could be at times. But he would only have about 1 game in 3 or 4 at worst where he wasn't at his genius best.

As much as I think Tom Wright can/will be a player of the future right now he needs a lot more consistency in his game. Even our U/20s Finals campaign when he was our standout in week 1, he was barely sighted again all the way until the final siren of our GF win over doesn't-matta. And that pretty much followed the pattern of his year. When he wasn't out injured, he would have one or two good games and then go missing for the next 2-3 weeks.

The kid definitely has the talent and I can only imagine what he will be like once he starts playing consistently well. But until then.....

Thanks for posting all those vids guys. So so so so excited, kick off for 2018 isnt far now. Cant wait to see our young guns explode into 1st grade this year! And Kelly to go next level. Exciting times ahead! GO MANLY!

True, he could be at times. But he would only have about 1 game in 3 or 4 at worst where he wasn't at his genius best.

As much as I think Tom Wright can/will be a player of the future right now he needs a lot more consistency in his game. Even our U/20s Finals campaign when he was our standout in week 1, he was barely sighted again all the way until the final siren of our GF win over doesn't-matta. And that pretty much followed the pattern of his year. When he wasn't out injured, he would have one or two good games and then go missing for the next 2-3 weeks.

The kid definitely has the talent and I can only imagine what he will be like once he starts playing consistently well. But until then.....
Agree with this.
Also need to play to strengths...cliffy was a ball playing magician, where as Wright's Trump card is his running game.

I like where our team is heading in terms of pace. Tom T, Walker, Tom Wright, Kelly. All have a bit of pace. Something we've lacked in recent years since Snake aged and had his injuries.

Defence we can work on, but these guys all seem like genuine footy players, and one thing sport has always taught me (Soccer, Rugby League) you can coach defence, you can't coach speed.

With Tommy Wright I just don't see a natural five eights.

Someone better then everyone else in the 20's team sure, so he needed the ball in his hands more to develop, and be a creative spark. Yep (Great call)

But If he didn't have the number 6 in his back in that you tube clip, and you had to say what position he played. He's still running lines as opposed to ball playing people to death. You would say centre or fullback for sure. Big, strong and fast. With a little more creativity and ability to back himself be it kicks, passing game etc then many mundane outside backs.

Once his defence is right. He should be a gooden. Hold on to him for sure.

Actually he reminds me of this kid

No wonder you are a fan Bozo (What i am trying to get at is that as good as players look in the younger years almost all of them need time to adapt to first grade - if he does not fire straight away it will be as much down to the unrealistic expectations of supporters as his level of talent)
I understand what you are saying and what I am saying is some players have skill and pace in bucket loads and Its as obvious as dogs balls which player has more . There is spec savers for those that can see it ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8