Hey Trent , Give the young Guns a Go !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd like to see alot of Tom Wright in first grade for Manly and not have his manager shop a video like that round to rival clubs.

I expect he'll be up and down... much like Brian Kelly. I've actually watched Tom Wright a bit and he is very inconsistent. Can be a match winner and can go missing and/or play terribly...

As you've stated many times before, there's a big big difference between 20s and NRL.

Hopefully the club persists with him through his inconsistencies because there's a talented kid there at the end of it.

Cliffy could be inconsistent

The good thing is he recently re-signed for another year so he isn't going anywhere soon. The other good thing is in first grade he wont be as heavily marked the way he was in NYC. After the sharks final, when he dominated, I watched him pretty closely in the next game against the dragons. He had two defenders rushing up inside and out everytime he touched the ball. he will get traffic coming at him in NRL but other teams wont be throwing multiple players at him when he has the ball and with his abilities to beat a man and pure speed he can cause some serious damage. As Baz said you cant beat speed.

Actually he reminds me of this kid

No wonder you are a fan Bozo (What i am trying to get at is that as good as players look in the younger years almost all of them need time to adapt to first grade - if he does not fire straight away it will be as much down to the unrealistic expectations of supporters as his level of talent)

I liken Tom to 'The Big Show' in cricket, Glen Maxwell who on his day is amazing yet because he is inconsistent he is a selection gamble. I've written about his hot/cold performances for the past two seasons, but I'm now throwing my full support behind him. There have been several great Manly players of the past who were inconsistent - Cliffy, Phil Blake, Johnny Gibbs, Rick Chisholm are a few.
But a team needs an X-factor and I'd rather watch him than a 'safe' predictable player.

The good thing is he recently re-signed for another year so he isn't going anywhere soon. The other good thing is in first grade he wont be as heavily marked the way he was in NYC. After the sharks final, when he dominated, I watched him pretty closely in the next game against the dragons. He had two defenders rushing up inside and out everytime he touched the ball. he will get traffic coming at him in NRL but other teams wont be throwing multiple players at him when he has the ball and with his abilities to beat a man and pure speed he can cause some serious damage. As Baz said you cant beat speed.
Think that you made a good assessment there of Tom 's current situation with Manly now and previously and i guess that the only short term uncertainty that i would have is for any new half or 5 / 8 to provide the right and help full ball distribution and set up play for the centres in the trials . I know that it is an age old cliche in footy parlance but most good attacking centres need at least some room to move or good ball . Tom should be able to rely on the Manly forwards going forward or being quite competitive but he or any other outside back aspirant is also again going to require some decent ball distribution and service from any new 5 /8 , half . D C E can not provide this all by himself .

Definately worth a good run in the trials against the big boys at centre.
Also keen to see how Sipley, Paseka and the Sths signing tear in up front....have a feeling there will be 2-3 rookies to shine in 2018, in a big way.

Reminds me of a young Cliffy Lyons but has speed.

[vid]
lzJvPcxa4U8

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4