Here's much to do with hate, but more with love.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great input. I just can't remember Joe Cool really standing out but then again I am old and decrepit lol. But yes I was really trying to identify guys we just didn't get full value from..... for whatever reason.
Joe Cools Magpie mate Ray Brown was an enigma to me. Capable of sublime genius with the ball in his hands but left me wishing / wanting more time and again.

@Shane4500 checkout both Blakes in this game.

Michael is very involved in attack and defence, and is better than Mal and gene miles, possibly his best game.

Phil is a bit up and down, but spectacular.

Another good game is one of the semis v parra in 82 or 83, and Phil outplays Sterling with lots of great tactical kicking and game management.

Michael is very involved in attack and defence, and is better than Mal and gene miles, possibly his best game.

Another good game is one of the semis v parra in 82 or 83, and Phil outplays Sterling with lots of great tactical kicking and game management.
yes I agree - Phil was mercurial - Michael a very good defender and he did play well that night. Phil as I said just seemed to crumble under the big lights. Didn't help that we were terrible - actually woeful in both GF's. That video really highlights just how good Alan Thompson was - a very very good player. Also showed how good Ray Brown was - just frustrating that he always promised something really special and always seemed to be good but not great. Schubert also was really really good in this game - he must have had injuries that stopped him being a great buy. What year was that KB Cup game Shoe?

yes I agree - Phil was mercurial - Michael a very good defender and he did play well that night. Phil as I said just seemed to crumble under the big lights. Didn't help that we were terrible - actually woeful in both GF's. That video really highlights just how good Alan Thompson was - a very very good player. Also showed how good Ray Brown was - just frustrating that he always promised something really special and always seemed to be good but not great. Schubert also was really really good in this game - he must have had injuries that stopped him being a great buy. What year was that KB Cup game Shoe?
It was 1983, and Yeah good summation.
Eadie was streets ahead of Colin Scott (the Australian fullback).

great games from Schubert and Goldie Walker too. Fatty on fire.

It was 1983, and Yeah good summation.
Eadie was streets ahead of Colin Scott (the Australian fullback).

great games from Schubert and Goldie Walker too. Fatty on fire.
yes agreed Eadie was a very very special player. I think the best fullback I have seen - Slater included. hmmm 83 - I thought it must have been something like that - I played my first A Grade Game with Redcliffe that year with WFS , Paulson, Conescu, Bernandin etc. Redcliffe also had Mark Murray, Paul Khan. Basically almost a team of Qld/Internationals. Certainly damn hard being a teenage lock to get a run there. The Manly of Brisbane back in the day.

I think they got the Singapore Airlines MOTM points spot on.
1 to fatty
2 to Schubert
and 3 and MOTM....to the great, the one and only....... "Wombat’.:clap::clap::clap:
thanks for the trip down memory lane @Shoe1 .

Thanks for that shoe , was 't able to get the Anoco mid week games on local tele at the time . very entertaining , Some excellent footy from Manly ,and the old kick forcing back tactics , certainly were different times

Chatting to a mate yesterday, big Scotty the Doggies fan, and the subject of Matai came up ... cue the usual hatred of Matai ... and that got me to pondering the subject of the Love and Hatred of my own team .. not who I hate in other teams .. but who have I disliked that have played for Manly ..

Going through the current squad ... I can honestly say that there are no players in the team that I actively dislike ... there are a couple that I wish were better players, a couple that I wish weren't trouble addicted .. but dislike or hate? ... no,

There have only really been a handful of players I have dreaded seeing in a Manly jersey ... John Ribot, Craig Field, Nate Miles and Willie Mason among them ...

From the Northern Eagles .. Josh Stuart and Brett Kimorley ...

So overall .. one of the things that I am grateful for over the years is the fact that I have at all times been able to like my own team ...

PSS .. Get that thread title intaya @globaleagle ...
John Ribot... big, tall, strong and fast... a fine example of evolution right there folks. They should start teaching this stuff in schools.

Anyone know a little winger to compare him to?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7