Here's much to do with hate, but more with love.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Chatting to a mate yesterday, big Scotty the Doggies fan, and the subject of Matai came up ... cue the usual hatred of Matai ... and that got me to pondering the subject of the Love and Hatred of my own team .. not who I hate in other teams .. but who have I disliked that have played for Manly ..

Going through the current squad ... I can honestly say that there are no players in the team that I actively dislike ... there are a couple that I wish were better players, a couple that I wish weren't trouble addicted .. but dislike or hate? ... no,

There have only really been a handful of players I have dreaded seeing in a Manly jersey ... John Ribot, Craig Field, Nate Miles and Willie Mason among them ...

From the Northern Eagles .. Josh Stuart and Brett Kimorley ...

So overall .. one of the things that I am grateful for over the years is the fact that I have at all times been able to like my own team ...

PSS .. Get that thread title intaya @globaleagle ...

Chatting to a mate yesterday, big Scotty the Doggies fan, and the subject of Matai came up ... cue the usual hatred of Matai ... and that got me to pondering the subject of the Love and Hatred of my own team .. not who I hate in other teams .. but who have I disliked that have played for Manly ..

Going through the current squad ... I can honestly say that there are no players in the team that I actively dislike ... there are a couple that I wish were better players, a couple that I wish weren't trouble addicted .. but dislike or hate? ... no,

There have only really been a handful of players I have dreaded seeing in a Manly jersey ... John Ribot, Craig Field, Nate Miles and Willie Mason among them ...

So overall .. one of the things that I am grateful for over the years is the fact that I have at all times been able to like my own team ...

Yeah, I agree with you regarding Craig Field and Nate Miles but I never had a problem with Willie Mason.

As for John Ribot, I never had a problem with him whilst he wore a Manly jersey. It was only later when he became involved with the Brisbane Broncos and instigated the Super League War with Murdoch which stuffed the game that we all loved and just about sent our club broke that I have despised him ever since.

At least we can say that it's great that Brett Kimmorley never wore a Manly jersey even though the Northern Eagles played using our licence, but yeah, I can't stand him either, especially after the way that he carried on about getting paid after the demise of the Northern Eagles and Manly getting the opportunity to play as themselves again under their own banner.

As for Josh Stuart, I don't really remember him except for the name so he couldn't have been that great so I will leave it at that about what I think of him.

Nate Miles. John Hopoate. Les Boyd. AFB.
Hated cheering for every one of them.
There were a number I wished had never put on a Manly jumper just for sheer lack of talent. But the rest I loved and the occasional one reached God like status.
Overwhelmingly positive in the end!

Field ( Sh!t bloke), Myles ( sh!t Qld'er), Les Boyd (Sh!t grub) Croker (Sh!t hooker) Martin Bella (Sh!t fighter and Qld'er) Scott Fulton ( just sh!t)anyone with the surname Hopoate (sh!t ......) any Norffs players in the Beagles era (sh!t club), any youngster that refused to stay for unders but thrived at other clubs (sh!t sarcasm)

I can't, and will never dislike somebody just because they aren't as good a footballer as I would wish them to be ... in fact I have more respect and admiration for players like Braydon Williame and Crocker for their determination and effort than I will ever have for Superstars like ScamSmith ..

Josh Stuart was ok, a manly junior who unfortunately went to norths. He was very happy to be at brookvale with the beagles.

Really disliked Phil Bailey after leaving us to go to that "magnificent" club, Cronulla .
He put $hit on our club after leaving, and should never have played for Australia except for Chris Anderson being coach of both Cronulla and Australia, later we went and signed his brother, FMD.

Support the entire post...even selection of players....I will add another category please Woodsie....players that frustrated me.
The 2 Iro boys fall into it perfectly- had Massive potential and seen Kevin even dominate Meninga in his prime, then went missing for 5 games ??
Support all Manly players , though the ones you mentioned did erk me, but what I can't stand is players with all this ability that don't show it....lack hunger type thing....like your thread though Woodsie my man, off for a few drinx now Champ

I hate the hype around walker and the way people on here constantly defend him. I was against signing him and he has done nothing in 5 years on or off the field to change my mind. Overrated, over paid, sideways running injury prone turnstile. Speed is supposed to be his best asset and the last time I remember seeing him in open space he couldn't pass to garrick quick enough. Got run down in about 20 metres. Piss him off to the dogs and give his spot to Harper. Hes on 4 times the coin and can anyone make a case for him being 4 times better? Not even a top 10 centre yet some on here flog over him like he is Greg inglis. Guess it doesn't matter cause he'll probably be stood down or injured by round 2

Support the entire post...even selection of players....I will add another category please Woodsie....players that frustrated me.
The 2 Iro boys fall into it perfectly- had Massive potential and seen Kevin even dominate Meninga in his prime, then went missing for 5 games ??
Support all Manly players , though the ones you mentioned did erk me, but what I can't stand is players with all this ability that don't show it....lack hunger type thing....like your thread though Woodsie my man, off for a few drinx now Champ

T- Rex my biggest frustration, the body of a T-Rex with the heart of a mouse!

Overall nice guy and met him upstairs in the leagues club after a game. Had a good chat to him and how proud he was to be a Manly supporter and playing for the team he loved growing up.
Funny, I was going to say something similar. Chatted with Josh Stuart at the club one day - a real nice guy and staunch Manly fan.

On a negative note, the one I despised wearing our jersey was Kimmorley - all the circus when he came to the Eagles, would never appear at any promotion or fan day and was so full of himself.

I'm surprised @Woodsie you omitted John Hopoate from your list - surely you didn't enjoy seeing him play for us, or the unwanted publicity from his many indiscretions.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8