Here we go it’s started

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing I hope they realise is that Manly is the only NRL club representing northern Sydney.

The ONLY club despite Norths and Florimo trying to clutch at any straw they can.

The NRL should be bending over backwards to make sure Manly are secure and viable because lose that and they might as well hand the Northern Beaches over to union or soccer.

You know, part of Super League's vision for Sydney was 4 teams representing the 4 points of the compass. And to that end, they wanted Manly, the Bears were only ever thought of as a backup should we stick with the ARL, which with Arko and Bozo so heavily involved at the time was always going to happen (John Ribot, for all of his faults, was a former Manly boy and did know the score).

Melbourne seems to cope fairly well with having 9 AFL teams based there so why can't Sydney sustain 9 teams? I guess the big difference is that the AFL actually works with its clubs to make sure they survive. The NRL on the other hand.....

Last edited:
One thing I hope they realise is that Manly is the only NRL club representing northern Sydney.

The ONLY club despite Norths and Florimo trying to clutch any straw they can.

Lose that and they might as well hand the Northern Beaches over to union or soccer.

They also must realise that the only one club that represents the whole Northern Sydney area cant get more than 10,000 members .

Very poor representation and these substandard numbers are no threat to ladies netball comps let alone union and soccer .

The fact is the The Bunnies fought back into the NRL not because the size of Redfern but because the size of their membership supporter strength

The ONLY way to survive relocation is by us Manly supporters being stronger together where it really counts !!!

sea_eagles_300x80.png

Last edited:
The Bunnies fought back due to media, and public pressure.

Their membership base is over-rated.

I know lots of people who are like this too. I didn’t follow the game in the NE years until Manly returned, and I’d do it again if they relocated or merged.
I’ve thought about this. I didn’t follow the Northen Eagles because they were half (ick) Norths but if Manly had to be relocated, I could follow the (say) Perth Eagles.

Pretty sure the Bronco's will block this.
Plus this is being pushed by a News Ltd hack weren't they the ones that started the war which resulted in the second Brisbane team along with teams from Perth and Adelaide being pushed out.

Manly fans are down because we having a few lean years.
Roosters supporters disappeared a few years ago when they were down the bottom
Every team supporters disappear during the lean years, so do we keep moving a team that comes last or second last in supporter numbers through the gate.

Next season Perth can gain a team, the following year Darwin, gee in a few years Broken Hill might get a turn.

The way the NRLfunds and promotes the game at all levels, particularly grass roots and the bush, they won't have to worry about it in a few years time.
Their neglect will have done the job for them.

Yep spot on.... Cousins of mine were dyed in the wool Bears supporters... one of them played lower grades for the club (poor bastard). Anyways... none of them (three brothers) have anything to do with the sport anymore... one of their sons plays league in Qld and supports the Donkeys, but the rest of the kids are into AFL... there’s a story for ya Toddy Boy!
My best mate is one of six boys. When the bears left he and his 5 brothers all were bought swans memberships by thier old man. They haven’t watched a live game of league since.

The Super League War - waged by the owners of the DT, Courier Mail and the Broncos - still has a lot to answer for.

The fact that we had teams in Perth, the Gold Coast AND South East Queensland before the 1997 split competition, but not after it, is just one of them.

But sure, blame the Sydney clubs instead...

#RentACrowd
That was funny but seriously the rent a crowd is us supporters . Fill the stadium with Manly people power .

When the Sea eagles put bums on seats and club memberships rise We shall never be moved out of Brookvale

All together now feathered friends ! ....

We shall not we shall not be moved
We shall not we shall not be moved
Just like a tree that's standing by the water side
We shall not be moved

Become a Sea eagle Manly member and also become a powerful weapon for our club !!!
aclu_peoplepower_3_fullcolor_vertical.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, absolutely nothing to do with their membership base.

100k marched the streets.
It is still about people power . If we all dont get behind our club and support it then we are finished !!!
Why ? Because every one else hates us and they wont give a fck about Marching on the streets to save Manly .
Lets do it !!!
sea_eagles_300x80.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4