Here we go it’s started

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
3AAE605E-9F31-4636-8E1A-4CB023FC58AB.jpeg
Well Turdy has started

There is so much spin and propaganda in this article I don't know where to start.

Oh, and it was originally published in the Courier Mail in Brisbane, if the content wasn't a giveaway...

https://outline.com/7bCJvk
Daily Telegraph said:
When Todd Greenberg flew to Queensland in November for the launch of this year’s Magic Round at Suncorp Stadium, the NRL chief executive was asked if Brisbane will ever see a second NRL team.

The sharp, articulate Greenberg, as verbally nimble as a United Nations diplomat, chose his words carefully and strategically.

“The real question is do you want to expand the competition or do you want to relocate teams?” he said. “That’s an open question for us … and at the moment, we haven’t answered it.”

Sooner rather than later, rugby league’s decision-makers need to get their left hand on the same page as their right.

Last year, ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie warned the code had to expand or risk dying.

Yet the NRL, weighed down by myopic, cash-strapped Sydney clubs who annually raid the code’s coffers like a self-entitled teenager sucking money from their parents, understandably want financial certainty for the 16 clubs before wading into the murky waters of expansion.

The problem is this: history shows league clubs, notably the Sydney ones, do not make money. Worse, they haemorrhage millions.

Currently, the Broncos and Cowboys — two Queensland teams — are the code’s only profitable entities. No matter how generous the NRL grant, no matter how responsible Greenberg and the code’s governors attempt to be, there will be lunatics among the Sydney clubs seeking to run the asylum. Based on that measurement and sentiment, Brisbane, sadly, will never see a second NRL team.

If financial certainty in Sydney is the Sunshine State’s only guaranteed gateway to a second NRL licence in south-east Queensland, well … don’t hold your breath.

Under the current television deal, no expansion can happen until 2023. By then, the Broncos will have gone unchallenged for 26 years since the Super League-fuelled demise of the South Queensland Crushers in 1997.

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Brisbane metropolitan area is home to 2.4 million people. The southeast Queensland region features an estimated 3.5 million residents.

Yet despite such a huge reservoir of fans, league’s bosses are content to dither, even though their direct sporting rivals are floundering in the Sunshine State.

The AFL’s Brisbane Lions are a skeleton of the powerhouse that won a hat-trick of flags in 2001-03. Football’s Brisbane Roar have seen crowds drop 34 per cent in the past 12 months. Rugby’s Reds — once a genuine threat to the Broncos on the scale of crowd figures — have lost major traction in a code that has lost its marbles.

Now is the time for the NRL to crush its opposition. The ARL Commission should kill off two Sydney clubs and hand licences to Brisbane and Perth for the next TV deal. Decluttering the Sydney market would not only help its remaining seven teams swim out of the red ink, but enable Queensland to truly thrive as part of a burgeoning national footprint.

Fears that a second Brisbane team would suffer the same fate as the Crushers are unfounded. When the Brisbane Bombers launched their expansion bid in December 2010, they crunched some numbers. The data forecasted a second Brisbane team would turn a profit … in its first season.

“Brisbane is as ready now for a second team as it’s ever been,” says Bombers shareholder Nick Livermore, whose father Ross was the long-serving boss of the Queensland Rugby League.

"With crowds of 24,000, a second Brisbane team would make a $1 million profit. “And that’s not factoring in the NRL grant, which is now greater than the salary cap.’’ Livermore praised the Magic Round concept, but says it won’t ease the code’s major migraine — the financial impotence of Sydney clubs.

“At what point does the NRL really put pressure on Sydney clubs to be self-sufficient and sustainable?” he said. “Wests Tigers’ average crowd last year was lower than when they won the competition in 2005. “Sydney’s population has grown over the last 14 years but the Tigers’ crowds have gone backwards. “Why should they be in the competition? What do they bring? How will the state of the NRL be different in 2023 compared to 2013 or 2018? “A second Brisbane team would instantly be more profitable than every Sydney team.

“At this rate, it could be 30 years before Brisbane gets another team, which is a really sad state of affairs.”

Last edited:
You guys have got this all wrong: this is how you save money!!

You get an incredibly biased Queenslander to write an article, rather than giving $5m and instructions to KPMG to write the report you want...

Kudos Mr Greenturd!! You magnificent, slimy, pathetically obvious piece of evil financial genius poo!

An article peddled by news filth about dropping Sydney teams, they wont stop at anything will they? Truth is I hate to admit it that the ARL won the short term war and Super League is winning the long term war.

Greenturd and his cronies have so alienated so many fans in this city in particular that its convenient if a couple of teams folded so that makes the select clubs even more powerful.

When are the Sydney clubs going to realise that if they do not band together, this git will do this and if not out club some fans are going to lose their team and I hated seeing that happen to Balmain, Wests, Norths, Illawarra and St George fans. The mergers have not entirely worked and ripping up the fabric of what has made the competition what it is is just going to further alienate fans and turn them away from the game.

We face in the next few years, pressure from News Limited and the TV deal about expansion and relocation of teams. More now than ever the clubs must unite to thwart this onslaught and that starts by removing the stain on our game which is Greenturd and his useless team!!!

To be fair, Sydney probably does need two less clubs......but no fan is willing to give up their slot

My thoughts would be The Sharks and unfortunately the Tigers (rough to cop for them as they already merged.

Brisbane Tigers & Perth Sharks

What these dopes fail to recognise is that in a competitive market like Sydney you lose a whole supporter base by axing teams.
Other than that dill shane on talkin sport, people don't just support another team, they walk away and you don't just lose them but you lose whole families for generations.

What these dopes fail to recognise is that in a competitive market like Sydney you lose a whole supporter base by axing teams.
Other than that dill shane on talkin sport, people don't just support another team, they walk away and you don't just lose them but you lose whole families for generations.
Yep spot on.... Cousins of mine were dyed in the wool Bears supporters... one of them played lower grades for the club (poor bastard). Anyways... none of them (three brothers) have anything to do with the sport anymore... one of their sons plays league in Qld and supports the Donkeys, but the rest of the kids are into AFL... there’s a story for ya Toddy Boy!

Agree you would.

IMO it won’t happen like that , I think they’ll just cut two clubs.

Because fans in Perth / Brisbane want their own clubs , not ones that have been transplanted.

Got it. Compare Manly vs Norths to a game of Manly vs Titans.... no emotion or buy in. Winning means little.

Yep spot on.... Cousins of mine were dyed in the wool Bears supporters... one of them played lower grades for the club (poor bastard). Anyways... none of them (three brothers) have anything to do with the sport anymore... one of their sons plays league in Qld and supports the Donkeys, but the rest of the kids are into AFL... there’s a story for ya Toddy Boy!

I know lots of people who are like this too. I didn’t follow the game in the NE years until Manly returned, and I’d do it again if they relocated or merged.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4