Help me settle an argument

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Can anybody please tell me how many byes were conceded during Ian Healy's career and how many byes have been conceded during Adam Gilchrists career??

I been trying and can't really find much.

Let me know how ya's go.

I had a look around but couldn't find anything. Hard to work that out without going through all the 200+ Test match scorecards and tallying it up.

If you're judging them purely on runs added/conceded in a match then an extra bye or six per innings really means stuff all when Gilchrists batting average is 20 odd runs better anyway.

Good luck with the search.

Yep it would amount to 2/5ths of FA.

Healy was a better keeper IMO but Gilchrist is one of the games elite batsmen, capable of tearing a game apart in half an hours play.

If I had to pick a test team and had him or Healy to chose from I would take Gilly for sure.

Yeah, that's my argument.

Gilly is far superior in my opinion but my mate won't come at it.

This argument started way back in 2002 hahaha.

It has been bought back up now with Gilly taking more wickets than healy.

I know i'm right in saying Gilly is better.... but he continually changes the argument... his new approach is to see who has let more byes go.

It's all sweet, i've already told him unless gilly averages 20 more byes a game than healy did. Gilly is the man.

What really interests me is who will take over from Gilchrist. We've had stability for 20 years with those two. Does anyone remember the awful monkeys we had before that? Wayne Phillips, Tim Zoehrer etc?????

Yep, Haddin will fill his place adequately for a few years. Luke Ronchi is probably next in line after that but I think Matthew Wade may overtake him by the time Haddin goes.

Wayne Phillips was my favorite player ever, the 150 odd he got on debut against Pakistan in Perth was awesome. then they crucified him by making him keep wickets, he was a batsman who could tear an attack apart but couldnt do both. Add Greg Dyer and Roger Wooley to that list as well.

You are right Bob, it will be Haddin short term, but not for long, Wade and Paine are the 2 younguns who could get the job for a long while after that if they come on well enough

Hartley was a lot better last year Matas, he tends to miss a lot and hasnt really come on as well as he could have, but he isnt out of the running by any stretch, his batting isnt as good as Paines, and Wade has had limited opportunities thus far

The whole Qld side has been dreadful this year though. The vibe on Hartley is similar to Healey in 1988 and he was plucked from obscurity.

Yes Qld have died in the proverbial, yeah Hartley was in pole position last year, they can all see a big opportunity opening up in the very near future.

The Tassie boys are churning out a lot of good cricketers at teh moment, much like Qld of 10 yrs ago and WA back in the good old days

Nutz i have found something that you might be able to work with.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/baggygreen/engine/records/team/most_extras_innings.html?class=1;id=2;type=team

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7