HEAVY DEFENCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There in another element in losing after they played Manly
In ANY sport if you have an EASY game the week before your level drops and that next week against a harder opposition, you can get caught off guard and struggle....not saying this is THE reason, but definitely a true theory

I just had a recount on 9 games this year.

Apart from round 1 v. Panthers, all of the other opponents lost the following week.
And even the Panthers were relatively ordinary the week after their great form against Manly. They beat St Merge by 4

This is no indication of Manly's defence or performance thus far, but I know that all teams love getting up for a Manly game and truly hate losing to us. This has been the case since the 70s and old habits die hard. Turbo's form last year just adds that extra reason for them to focus. And as we all know, energy levels normally drop a bit the week after a big game. Regardless of how we're travelling, I'd actually like to think it is a bit of a compliment. Go Manly

Obviously Harper is on the slide but don't forget the guy had covid only a month ago. We all know it can do different things to different people.

We have a big weakness on our right side defense. Far too many missed tackles and too many tries leaked from turnovers as well.

If we are to challenge the top teams we need to consistently control the ruck and right now we are exposed when we play the top teams because we do not deal with the fact we lack a quality 9!
Hence no more Harper and possibly Saab for a while too.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8