Heath Le'Strange

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
should be starting hokker.has that zip around the ruck,can play as first or second reciever.valuable signing

Very good player. When Roosters won all those games late last year, im pretty sure he was the starting hooker and did an awesome job getting a roll on around the ruck (which Ballin isn't doing ATM)
Not sure if an 80 minute game is his go.

If Ballin can get his confidence back up we will have a very good 1-2 hooker punch.

agree he was excellent tongiht and is the better of the 2 at the moment

also agree that we probably need both.

Ballin was on of our worst tongight though, forward passes, stupid penalties. Not the player of a year or two ago.

He is by far the better at the moment

but we need both it gives us the flexibility we need at the moment

Fluffy link said:
Ballin was on of our worst tongight though, forward passes, stupid penalties. Not the player of a year or two ago.
Agreed. That was one of his very worst performances. He has/had a chance to grab the spot and killed it. For the Messiah no# 2 he was very disappointing :)

From the game Ballin looked awesome especially in the last 20 mins. The passes were line ball and should not have been picked up. He defended superbly and took pressure from Orford. No coincidence that Orford had one of his better games.

I aree with CW

Also forward passes from dummy half are the fault of the runner not the Dummy half, they time their runs wrong, the hooker grabs looks passes in one motion, if the runner is crossing the line it is too late.

The second forward pass was about 1.5 metres backwards too.

I thought he was good without being flashy, he is a steady hooker, LeStrange is a creative hooker

Here we go, the greatest #9 to lace a boot. I'm telling you he was ordinary. Not saying he doesn't have what it takes, but he was ordinary.

Sure i agree leStrange was better, but I think on rewatching the game its hard to call him ordinary

ManlyBacker link said:
I'm telling you he was ordinary. Not saying he doesn't have what it takes, but he was ordinary.
I think the beer, whiskey and wine were talking all together here. Ordinary is too harsh. Great win and everyone contributed.  :-X

I thought Ballin was solid but nothing special.

Le'Strange looks like a tool with his dummies, but he seems to add some spark.

I watched the game from behind and so saw things not so obvious on telly. Ballin is a key figure in holding the ruck defence and gives very crisp flat ball. LeStrange comes on late in the half and picks up good metres when the defence is tiring. Both  played important roles but interesting to note that when they were both on the paddock, Ballin was the dummy half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7