Health update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's why they were the snack size variety. Everything in moderation 😉
That is a sensible suggestion indeed feathered friend

But those irresistibly delicious little snacks when they melt in your mouth and seduce your taste buds they can become addictive

This is why I avoid them completely and replace them with healthy alternative snacks

Just found out that I have go in on Tuesday for a triple heart bypass.
No symtpoms whatsoever, no chest pains no shortness of breath, I knew I had a couple of partially blocked arteries from a previous CAT scan, cardiologist said it was not a real concern as I passed the numerous stress tests that I underwent over the past three years, still walked 10k steps a day, but something was nagging me in the back of my head as my father dropped dead in front of me at age 48, and my brother having a couple of stents put in when he was in his fifties.
I asked the cardiologist for an angiogram, as I wanted to alleviate my fears of being a ticking time bomb, it's a procedure where they put a scope up one of your arteries and have a look around, just a few minutes into the scan, cardiologist said, "nup that's it, you need a bypass".
So there you go, I remember Steve Folks and Graham Murray, and even a Manly friend of mine, Uwe Behrens, all dropping dead unexpectedly.
So guys, keep on getting tested, none of us a bulletproof.

It was 2008 when I thought something was a bit off. I was a bit worried even though I was only 44. High(ish) cholesterol and a family history had me freaked out a bit even though I'd given up smoking 20 years prior, had been on statins for years and always had good blood pressure numbers..

Did the stress test. All good. But I wasn't convinced. Sent for the barium test where they take a picture of the heart. All good. Still not convinced. The cardiologist said the only definitive test was an angiogram. So I told him to go ahead and do it.

They found one artery 100% blocked and another 70% blocked. Fortunately for me, the heart had done it's own by-pass. The peripheral arteries had carried blood to those parts of the heart that would have been compromised by the blockages. Otherwise I mightn't have been here to be talking about it.

The cardiologist said there was no benefit to a by-pass in my case but did put me on beta blockers putting a limit on my maximum heart rate of about 130 bpm.

Fast forward to 2021 and another angiogram under the care of a new cardiologist and the same result. No deterioration thankfully and still no need for a by-pass.

So as you already know Peter, you did the right thing. Trust your instincts. I hope everything goes brilliantly and you're back to 100% real soon mate. Keep us informed. We'd all love to hear about your progress once you're feeling up to it.

That is a sensible suggestion indeed feathered friend

But those irresistibly delicious little snacks when they melt in your mouth and seduce your taste buds they can become addictive

This is why I avoid them completely and replace them with healthy alternative snacks
Who wants to live forever... FFS enjoy the time given to you.. Stuff your carrot stick up ya bum.. Give me a chip dipped in garlic mayo any day.. :)

Yes I know not football related but a few have been interested so here it is.

I’ve just concluded 7 weeks of radiation treatment ( daily ) , whilst it’s only 12 minutes long it’s a 35 minute drive each way , 10 minutes pre treatment wait and various nurse / doctor meetings every few days.

So , I haven’t been able to do anything much for almost 2 months.

The treatment was aimed directly around where my Prostate used to be as some cancer cells were still evident in that region.

Getting them BEFORE they jump out anywhere else was critical.

After you have a Prostatectomy your PSA reading should be zero , mine started at 0.40, then kept going up each three months ( last one it had climbed to almost 1.0) so this is when they discovered there was still cancer in my body.

Fingers crossed my next PSA test in January will see the figure going down , then I’ll be tested each month until March at which point it should be zero.

If it’s not changing we go to the next step , but let’s hope not as that’s apparently pretty horrendous.

Thanks to those that have asked among the way how I’ve been going.

Hopefully I’ll be back firing on all 8 cylinders in 2023.
hope you get well soon 🌹

Well Silvertailers , you’ve got me for a few more years yet.

Following my 2 months of radiation my PSA level is dramatically down on where it was so it appears that the radiation has well and truly done it’s job ( and will continue in my system for 6 months regardless ).

So whilst it’s not remission , it’s bloody great news.

Onwards and upwards !!!

Last edited:
Well sadly Silvertailers , you’ve got me for a few more years yet.

Following my 2 months of radiation my PSA level is dramatically down on where it was so it appears that the radiation has well and truly done it’s job ( and will continue in my system for 6 months regardless ).

Onwards and upwards !!!
Great News Feathered friend

What a Great way to start the Year !

Well sadly Silvertailers , you’ve got me for a few more years yet.

Onwards and upwards !!!

Awesome! :)

Who wants to live forever... FFS enjoy the time given to you.. Stuff your carrot stick up ya bum.. Give me a chip dipped in garlic mayo any day.. :)
Good luck to you feathered friend .
You seem to be happy and healthy enough
Take care and have great new 2023 :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4