Health update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great way to be pro-active Pete.
Hardest part is finding problem.
You will be rested up and on the recovery stage in no time.
Heal fast my friend,and merry xmas.

Just found out that I have go in on Tuesday for a triple heart bypass.
No symtpoms whatsoever, no chest pains no shortness of breath, I knew I had a couple of partially blocked arteries from a previous CAT scan, cardiologist said it was not a real concern as I passed the numerous stress tests that I underwent over the past three years, still walked 10k steps a day, but something was nagging me in the back of my head as my father dropped dead in front of me at age 48, and my brother having a couple of stents put in when he was in his fifties.
I asked the cardiologist for an angiogram, as I wanted to alleviate my fears of being a ticking time bomb, it's a procedure where they put a scope up one of your arteries and have a look around, just a few minutes into the scan, cardiologist said, "nup that's it, you need a bypass".
So there you go, I remember Steve Folks and Graham Murray, and even a Manly friend of mine, Uwe Behrens, all dropping dead unexpectedly.
So guys, keep on getting tested, none of us a bulletproof.
Speedy rehab recovery Peter! And your last comment is really important. Had mine at 45 - no symptoms, pretty healthy etc. Was told I should've dropped dead (not just by Parra supporters) when they did the angio. So I admit to becoming a bit of a pain in the butt telling mates they really needed to get a check up every now and then. Turns out 2 mates both had blocked arteries and needed stents. Just as important for women!! I have certainly enjoyed being around for the past nearly 20 years. Anyway, that endeth the sermon. Get well soon Peter!

Last edited:
No symtpoms whatsoever, no chest pains no shortness of breath, I knew I had a couple of partially blocked arteries from a previous CAT scan, cardiologist said it was not a real concern as I passed the numerous stress tests that I underwent over the past three years, still walked 10k steps a day, but something was nagging me in the back of my head as my father dropped dead in front of me at age 48, and my brother having a couple of stents put in when he was in his fifties.
I asked the cardiologist for an angiogram, as I wanted to alleviate my fears of being a ticking time bomb, it's a procedure where they put a scope up one of your arteries and have a look around, just a few minutes into the scan, cardiologist said, "nup that's it, you need a bypass".
So there you go, I remember Steve Folks and Graham Murray, and even a Manly friend of mine, Uwe Behrens, all dropping dead unexpectedly.
Better to find out this way. Good luck I hope it goes smoothly and you have a swift recovery.

Thanks a lot guys, I look forward to being at Brookie with some of you next year
Hope all goes well Peter and that you make a full and speedy recovery - you've got quite an impressive list of venues to go to see the Boss in 2023!

Thanks for sharing @Peter C

From hearing your story you are meant to be with us a lot longer

A friend who had a by pass in his late 50s he is in his 80's now and living an Active life

The way for all of us to keep living an Active life is to eat and drink healthy and remain Active

Good luck with your bypass , I pray it all goes well and in time you become Active in a healthy life style

Hope all goes well Peter and that you make a full and speedy recovery - you've got quite an impressive list of venues to go to see the Boss in 2023!
Thanks Bob, catch up at Brookie
Thanks for sharing @Peter C

From hearing your story you are meant to be with us a lot longer

A friend who had a by pass in his late 50s he is in his 80's now and living an Active life

The way for all of us to keep living an Active life is to eat and drink healthy and remain Active

Good luck with your bypass , I pray it all goes well and in time you become Active in a healthy life style
Thanks Bozo, no doubt about it, a healthy lifestyle is the key, however, sometimes genetics plays a role, and that can be the hidden danger, it catches so many guys unaware.

Last edited:
Sound advice mate and here's hoping you got on top of it early.

For what it's worth a mate of mine recently had a quintuple bypass and after a few months off the grog and permanent alteration to diet he's now as fit as he's ever been.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Peter. And thinking of the surgeon having a good night's sleep tonight!

Best of luck mate,

Though it looks like you have it covered!

1671474474152.jpeg

Goodluck Peter

Thanks Bob, catch up at Brookie

Thanks Bozo, no doubt about it, a healthy lifestyle is the key, however, sometimes genetics plays a role, and that can be the hidden danger, it catches so many guys unaware.
You are welcome feathered friend
All on here including you are part of the Manly family and all families are important

All of us people take a lot of things for granted in life and health and fitness is one of them

Genetics do play a role and all we can try and do is the right healthy things that we can control

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6