Health update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yes I know not football related but a few have been interested so here it is.

I’ve just concluded 7 weeks of radiation treatment ( daily ) , whilst it’s only 12 minutes long it’s a 35 minute drive each way , 10 minutes pre treatment wait and various nurse / doctor meetings every few days.

So , I haven’t been able to do anything much for almost 2 months.

The treatment was aimed directly around where my Prostate used to be as some cancer cells were still evident in that region.

Getting them BEFORE they jump out anywhere else was critical.

After you have a Prostatectomy your PSA reading should be zero , mine started at 0.40, then kept going up each three months ( last one it had climbed to almost 1.0) so this is when they discovered there was still cancer in my body.

Fingers crossed my next PSA test in January will see the figure going down , then I’ll be tested each month until March at which point it should be zero.

If it’s not changing we go to the next step , but let’s hope not as that’s apparently pretty horrendous.

Thanks to those that have asked among the way how I’ve been going.

Hopefully I’ll be back firing on all 8 cylinders in 2023.

Last edited:

I’ve just concluded 7 weeks of radiation treatment ( daily ) , whilst it’s only 12 minutes long it’s a 35 minute drive each way , 10 minutes pre treatment wait and various nurse / doctor meetings every few days.

The treatment was aimed directly around where my Prostate used to be as some cancer cells were still evident in that region.

After you have a Prostatectomy your PSA reading should be zero , mine started at 0.40, then kept going up each three months ( last one it had cloned to almost 1.0) so this is when they discovered there was still cancer in my body.

Fingers crossed my next PSA test in January will see the figure going down , then I’ll be tested each month until March at which point it should be zero.

If it’s not changing we go to the next step , but let’s hope not as that’s apparently pretty horrendous.

Beat wishes Mark for a happy and healthy New Year.

After you have a Prostatectomy your PSA reading should be zero , mine started at 0.40, then kept going up each three months ( last one it had cloned to almost 1.0) so this is when they discovered there was still cancer in my body.

🤞🤞

Mark,

Bad luck them not getting it all with the prostectamy but at least you had that done first, as you probably know, if you’d had the radiation first, then they can’t do the surgery; well, at least that’s what they told me.

Anyway, you can beat this bloody disease and you will, hang tough and just think you’re defending the line for multiple repeat sets; dig in, don’t give in to any negativity and you’ll come out on top!

Wishing you all the best mate, from one survivor to another.

Thank you for courage to share your very challenging experience feathered friend

Thank you also for being an inspiration in the way that this great adversity has not stopped you from doing the things that you enjoy regardless of all the unpleasant things you are going through

Our fragile Life is a day to day proposition for ALL of us and No one knows if they will wake up tomorrow or how they will wake up tomorrow

All we have is this day just like you do @Mark from Brisbane and thank you for being part of this very moment that is only guaranteed for ALL of us

God Bless and Merry Christmas to you and every Manly Sea eagle soul on the planet x
Connect with the Ryde Salvation Army this Christmas! | Ryde | The Salvation  Army Australia

Mark,

Bad luck them not getting it all with the prostectamy but at least you had that done first, as you probably know, if you’d had the radiation first, then they can’t do the surgery; well, at least that’s what they told me.

Anyway, you can beat this bloody disease and you will, hang tough and just think you’re defending the line for multiple repeat sets; dig in, don’t give in to any negativity and you’ll come out on top!

Wishing you all the best mate, from one survivor to another.
Much appreciated, yes it was fairly diseased so they did warn me 12 months ago.

I’m positive , feel well , and no negativity in existence!!

After you have a Prostatectomy your PSA reading should be zero , mine started at 0.40, then kept going up each three months ( last one it had climbed to almost 1.0) so this is when they discovered there was still cancer in my body.

I really admire your positivity mate.
Looking forward to hearing some good news early next year 🤞

Good luck champion :thumbsup:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4