Hazim el Hoo ha

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
How is it that the NRL and Channel 9 conspired to give the Bullwogs the ideal timeslot for the little Muslim's final home game?  It's a nothing game against out of contention opposition in a round where there are plenty of marque games.

Compare this with the shoddy treatment a far greater player in Beaver received last year, consigned to a graveyard slot against the Titans on Monday Night Football for his farewell.  What gives?

I intend to boycott the broadcast in protest, conveniently this will also enable me to side step all the humbug about a player who is little better than average, but kicks goals.

Rubbish he does, what the hell does the fact that he is a muslim got to do with anything??

I wonder if he'd be saying the same thing if Hazem was an Abo?

Having said that Beaver certainly get the same deserved treatment.

El Masri, whilst being a solid enough player, will never go down as one of the greats. If he wasn't able to kick goals he would never make first grade. Modern day Ross Conlon.

And the Bulldogs ALWAYS find a reason to galvanise themselves come finals time. They do it all the time. Siege mentality experts. Watch the 'Let's do it for Hazem' hysteria to snowball over the next few weeks. They are the dangerous team of the semis

Highest point scorer of all time, 5th highest try scorer of all time (and did not even kick for the first few years)

Yes he is a dogs player but he is more than just a kicker....and a nice guy. Sure it would have been great if Beaver had a sunday at Brookie but that does not mean el magic should not get a decent farewell

lsz = correct.

Pete I dont care if its rhetoric or not, its unnecessary crap from a poster who is better than that.

Chip & Chase link said:
El Masri, whilst being a solid enough player, will never go down as one of the greats. If he wasn't able to kick goals he would never make first grade. Modern day Ross Conlon.

That is incorrect, he played 3-4 years solely as a winger without kicking goals so he would have made it. He won't be a great, but has been a bloody good footy player

150+ tries speaks for itself as well, he knows where to be at the right time, and very, very seldom makes a mistake

Fro link said:
lsz = correct.

Pete I dont care if its rhetoric or not, its unnecessary crap from a poster who is better than that.
I don't effing believe I am supporting Matabele, he is making the point that compared to the disgraceful treatment of Beaver's final Brookie game last year, what they (NRL) are doing for this match, ie for El Masri rankles me and also apparently Matabele.

If there has EVER been a better role model for for than Beaver than I am a bad judge. You simply cannot compare what Beaver achieved to that what El Masri has done in his career.

Agree with Matas, apart from the muslim bit.  An average player at the end of a power house team for most of his time.  Excellent goal kicker though. 

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=181496.msg238711#msg238711 date=1251510055]
lsz = correct.

I don't effing believe I am supporting Matabele, he is making the point that compared to the disgraceful treatment of Beaver's final Brookie game last year, what they (NRL) are doing for this match, ie for El Masri rankles me and also apparently Matabele.

If there has EVER been a better role model for for than Beaver than I am a bad judge. You simply cannot compare what Beaver achieved to that what El Masri has done in his career.

[/quote]Thank you Corso Pete.  Beaver ticks all the boxes better than el Masri but adds a few more besides (eg a try scoring record for forwards that will never be touched).  One club player, exemplary role model etc etc etc.

Yet it's almost as though the NRL bent over backwards to skittle the fairytale Brookvale farewell he deserved.  Clearly that's not the case with el Mazri.  It defies logic that Bulldogs vs Warriors has been given the prime CH9 Sunday slot.

The mention of his religion is a subtle aside at the tokenism that has always followed his career. 

I'm right with Mata and Pete on this. The promotion of Beaver's last home game was left up to Manly to promote while the lack of effort of the NRL to support it is stark in comparison to what is currently happening. Giving us Monday night when we would have asked for anything else was a disgrace.El Masri has done well and deserves a decent send off but the media and NRL are falling over themselves in a way that pisses me off and stinks in comparison to what happened with the tall protestant star  backrower who deserved at least the same attention. 

Bradza link said:
I'm right with Mata and Pete on this. The promotion of Beaver's last home game was left up to Manly to promote while the lack of effort of the NRL to support it is stark in comparison to what is currently happening. Giving us Monday night when we would have asked for anything else was a disgrace.El Masri has done well and deserves a decent send off but the media and NRL are falling over themselves in a way that pisses me off and stinks in comparison to what happened with the tall protestant star  backrower who deserved at least the same attention. 
  In fact we specifically requested a Sunday game and *not* Monday.  It was made clear Monday was the worst possible option.  And that's what we were given with Gallop saying it was up to the broadcaster.

Well where are the Warriors?  14th?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6