Hayne Plane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For those of you who haven't seen it yet.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/us-sports...zzling-touchdown/story-e6frf6ju-1227477061637

I can't work out why the Americans think he can't take a hit or handle the contact? They are missing something obviously and a lot of the media wouldn't have done the homework on Rugby League to see more than just a few You Tube highlights and haven't seen the physicality of the game. Hayne must be smiling to himself.

Also Nustin Hodges hanging the boots up. Broncos must be about to announce a big signing next year. What's Izzy doing after the World Cup?

*disliked the Hayne Plane when he played for the squeels.

*loved him when he carried NSW

*hope he does well over there but will LOL if he fails and is forced to play for Canberra or something. Will probably fit in with the Rorters though..

The "hit" he took was nothing. Really, nothing compared to what we see in the NRL.

And the touchdown? Well he was effective bumping off and evading tackles, but only had to run about 10 metres.

They have press conferences about training runs? lol. Hope he does well.

I think what they want to see is how he handles being completely blind-sided. While hits come from any and all directions in league, your peripheral vision allows you to detect them coming to an extent and brace for the impact. The helmet takes away your peripheral vision so players can cop hits with zero warning and therefore can't brace for the impact, which can cause all sorts of issues. That being said, I think he'll handle it. I'm an NFL fan so have been following his story closely. His ticked all the boxes so far, but making the final roster is still a long way off.

The "hit" he took was nothing. Really, nothing compared to what we see in the NRL.

And the touchdown? Well he was effective bumping off and evading tackles, but only had to run about 10 metres.

They have press conferences about training runs? lol

They get 70,000 to watch an in-house trial of a college team.

lol he took a wide route for a few yards. Who gives a ****. How does he go up the middle?

The 49'ers D is terrible. They've lost every decent LB they had through retirements and arrests. Was this against the first team D? The media here just posts garbage clips: JARRYD SCORES TD! I don't think stats from training count.

He'll still get cut or stay on the practice squad. Not hating but he is so far behind even a rookie that he has no real chance. Actually his only saving grace is that the 49'ers now are a complete mess and may take a punt on him just for some novelty points because they are no chance this year.

Agree, Mosto.
My Mrs is from Nebraska so, by association I'm a CornHuskers fan. (College)
I get into it & enjoy watching the games when over there.

I love all the arm chair critics who probably never played league and and have barely a passing knowledge of NFL writing the bloke off. He's the same chance of making their cut as Manly are of making the play offs. He is as gifted as any athlete they have over there and has been working his arse off for over nine months. The NFL is all hype and they make it seem so tactical and confusing because that's part of the mystique and the romance.

Because over there your sport is professionalised at an early age. And the rest just become spectators and fans. I think you will find most humans could be brought up to speed on their plays with nine months of little else to do but train.

I hope he kills it over there because their is no success pie. Just because one bloke takes a piece doesn't mean there's any less for the rest of us. Why would you want to see anyone fail?

Except the Storm.

I love all the arm chair critics who probably never played league and and have barely a passing knowledge of NFL writing the bloke off. He's the same chance of making their cut as Manly are of making the play offs. He is as gifted as any athlete they have over there and has been working his arse off for over nine months. The NFL is all hype and they make it seem so tactical and confusing because that's part of the mystique and the romance.

Because over there your sport is professionalised at an early age. And the rest just become spectators and fans. I think you will find most humans could be brought up to speed on their plays with nine months of little else to do but train.

I hope he kills it over there because their is no success pie. Just because one bloke takes a piece doesn't mean there's any less for the rest of us. Why would you want to see anyone fail?

Except the Storm.
Gifted athlete doesn't mean much - otherwise combine events like the 40 and bench reps and vertical would mean everything, but they only offer a little glimpse into someones physical ability. For an RB you need to be able to read defence and d-line movements and LB'ers so you know where a gap will appear if your O lineman do their job. You can't learn that practising with the Sydney Uni team for a few months. General NRL play has little to nothing to do with the NFL because of the way teams line up and reset between downs.

Look, he got the invite as a novelty. He probably got on the practice squad because of pre-existing talent. But if you know anything about the NFL it's that they are hyper-conservative when it comes to allocating an actual roster spot to someone who is unknown at even a college level. Practice squad and training is one thing. Pre season doesn't even matter because those games are garbage. When a ball is snapped for real everything changes - it becomes faster and harder and more physical again.

That's not hoping he doesn't make it. That's just reality.

I don't base my assertion of him being as gifted as any athlete over there on anything as robotic as 40s bench presses and vertical leaps.

That **** was for finding the kids in high school who couldn't play footy or cricket and making them AIS rowers. Hayne was as good an athlete and specimen as any Rugby League player I have ever seen. He would be in the top 2 percent anywhere on earth.

I think the niners will keep him on, they might run different rbs on different plays

Horses for courses

I forget the team but a team a number of years ago rotated 3 different rbs to great success

Pretty sure Folau has already resigned with the ARU.
Ive heard some rumors they want Inglis but can't see that happening with Boyd there.
I think their money will go to locking up some of their younger players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4