havent done one of these for a while

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Out with the old ,in with the new for mine.we need some fresh blood

stewart
robertson
alberts(probably out but lets hope)
bell
hicks
witt
orford
kennedy
menzies
watmough
bryant
ballin
kite

monaghan
leuleli
dunley
cuthbertson

5/8 and props the obvious problem areas .if witt fails we need to give burns a decent go at it.if alberts out hicks to centre and stephenson on the wing.

the obvious ommission is the princess.it is time he worked for his spot via PL like most players in the nrl who do not perform or have niggling injuries.if he is the player some seem to think then he will be straight back in-but it will be based on form,not reputation.giving him a goal will be good for him and the eagles.

unfortunately the lack of a proven classy 5/8 means we probably have to have monaghan covering as a spare forward and 5/8-which reduces our size off the bench.menzies and watmoughs ability to play the full 80 minutes helps in that regard. burns would be preferable covering the 6 but he really can only play in the halves.Cuthbertson is a lump of a lad so that helps a little in regard to what is a brittle looking prop rotation.dunley needs to stay as he so often proves to be a linebreaker when we are going nowhere.

Good side from the troops we have. I have been worried about the five-eighth and prop situation for the whole off-season.

One can hope that the arrival of Orford will do wonders for our backs, that our backrow will carry us and that Cuthbertson will stand up with Bryant. If Kiing can live up to his reputation we will be fine but I still worry that our forwards were near the bottom of the ground gainers last year and that our ruck defence looked woeful against the chooks.

Also hoping Bryant will improve, Finefeuiaki will prove to be the good s and that Kylie will get more game time.

After watching every grade today:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steven Bell
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Chris Hicks
06. Michael Monaghan
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Kylie Leuleuai
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. George Rose

So Ryan. Points of note from your squad are :

1) Bryant gets beaten to the bench by Rose
2) Mattai out
3) MM did enough today to attain the 5/8 spot
4) King did enough today to attain his spot
5) Steppa either didnt do enough today or you feel Robertson is superior
6) The team is Witt-less
8|

I only saw first grade but thought the side was infinitely better when Monaghan was at hooker rather than at 5/8. The best 5/8 on the paddock today was JP Cherry.

sue's side would have to be changed after today, a lot of the left field inclusions failed. Witt was carried in PL again.

This is the time I think that Des will pick:

5/8 is the contentious position.

stewart
stephenson
matai
bell
hicks
witt
orford
kennedy
menz ies
watmough
king
monaghan
kite

Bryant
leuleli
dunley
williamson

Ballin and Cuthbertson unlcuky to miss out but they will get their chance later in the season.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2