Have we gone forwards, backwards or just the same this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
On the surface more wins and a better points differential but what is the "vibe" on here.

Do you think we are moving forwards? Are we getting closer to that premiership our owners are convinced we are due?

On the surface more wins and a better points differential but what is the "vibe" on here.

Do you think we are moving forwards? Are we getting closer to that premiership our owners are convinced we are due?
Well I feel a lot better at the end of this season compared to this time last year (when I was gutted about what went on in the final 7 rounds).

We have some good players coming in and a lot of players have improved over the course of the year.

A couple of gone backwards disappointingly.

With hopefully another signing or two before 2024 I think we can look forward to next season with some quiet confidence

Losing Turbo yet again was deflating, but not unexpected. The real shock for me this year was the complete failure and regression of Schu. I could never have imagined it would have been as bad as this. There were plusses and minuses elsewhere as have been mentioned above, and feeling positive for next season... but Schu... 🤦‍♂️

I think we had a way better season. Lots of improvement from our young players besides schu. Couple of forwards stepping up sipley and paseka. Dce playing great footy. And overall a much happier and more harmonious team environment. Last year seemed very toxic. Just the past month or so has got me excited for next year.

Def forward for mine. Last four rounds have been encouraging. If we have a good run with injuries we can give the comp a shake in 24 or at least be a strong finals team. We’ve missed the 8 by what 1.5 wins this year? Had two games (Penrith/Broncs) where we’ve had decent scores put on us. But other than that the results have been quite a bit better than last year. I just checked and last year we were 5 wins short of 8th spot and had 40 plus put on us on numerous occasions. Also like the fact that Siebold and Mestrov seem to be trying to implement some standards back into the place. You don’t perform, you get dropped. Did Des ever drop players? Was one of my biggest issues with old Dessie. Hopefully onward and upward.

Not going to say we deserve to be in the finals as we ****ed some great opportunities but we are a much better side than our place on the table would suggest
Totally, we seem to have found a bit of form late.

I think we have progressed!

We now have a solution regarding full back, we have a running 9 who is very young and will only get better.

Blacktown finished 5th so there is some depth now and finally we are seeing the coaching staff enforcing some overdue discipline and picking players who have earned a spot.

This years team would have humbled last years team especially on togetherness and resilience. The last 2 years we copped it with injuries and the last month of this season compared to the last month or so of last season gives us genuine hope!

I think, injuries permitting, we will be much better next year. Siebold's roster management seems superior to Des', and he seems to be taking active steps to clean out dead wood.

Def forward for mine. Last four rounds have been encouraging. If we have a good run with injuries we can give the comp a shake in 24 or at least be a strong finals team. We’ve missed the 8 by what 1.5 wins this year? Had two games (Penrith/Broncs) where we’ve had decent scores put on us. But other than that the results have been quite a bit better than last year. I just checked and last year we were 5 wins short of 8th spot and had 40 plus put on us on numerous occasions. Also like the fact that Siebold and Mestrov seem to be trying to implement some standards back into the place. You don’t perform, you get dropped. Did Des ever drop players? Was one of my biggest issues with old Dessie. Hopefully onward and upward.
the last two gsmes where against the two worst teams in tge comp

the last two gsmes where against the two worst teams in tge comp
W

we flogged the two worst teams and troubled the minor
Premiers and a top four side in the warriors. We are well in the mix.
disagree, when was the last time we beat a top 4 side

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8