Have the front row left a massive hole??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
sheesh, they're just forwards!!!

Find a big guy, throw him the ball and tell him to run straight! I mean how hard can it be?

globaleagle said:
sheesh, they're just forwards!!!

Find a big guy, throw him the ball and tell him to run straight! I mean how hard can it be?
You are right globaleagle .We have at least 9 big mother f##### rs
that will do the job for us . 2014 looks bright :)

Chip and Chase said:
Because only 3 of those props have regular NRL experience and are proven at that level. One of those has had a horror run with injuries, and one other is carrying a significant neck injury into the season. I'm a little bit worried.

Brenton Lawrence had a total of 18 games first grade experience before he cam to us. He's now on the verge of being a star.

Dunamis Lui probably doesn't quite have that many games under his belt but is a unit, has a point to prove and will fit in well.

Josh Starling was named at Prop in the NSW cup team of the year and Souths fans are filthy he's come to us.

Tyson Andrews played a staring role in the Mackay Cutters Qld Intrust super cup GF win and was named Cutters player of the year.

Ligi Sao was handed a FG spot in 2013 and i thought for a 20yr old bloke playin g in the Front row he handled himself quite well.

Jake Trobojevic is a star on the rise. Everyone knows it. Hope we never lose him.

James Hasson and Jesse Sene-Lefao are also still around to plug any other gaps that may pop up.

Who have i missed?

Can't see how you lot think prop is the position we should be worried about.

What you say is true, but experience at NRL level is important. It's one thing to bring in one new prop among an experienced bunch (like with Lawrence last year), but if we have to play too many games using 3 of the young brigade together we might struggle.

One of the biggest skills in recruitment and retention isnt always about who you buy, but when you allow some to move on. The props lost are all Manly to the bone, are favorite club men that add value on and off the field. Its a hard call but its better to do 1 year early than 1 year late

Kite is the biggest loss but at his age getting him on a 1 year deal would not have been in his interests and a 2 year deal was not in ours.

Hopefully the new guys do well, but it is more about the others moving on to be honest. Who will fill the void, someone will. geez have you seen the storms props. You wouldnt have any of them in your team and they go alright

jbb/james said:
One of the biggest skills in recruitment and retention isnt always about who you buy, but when you allow some to move on. The props lost are all Manly to the bone, are favorite club men that add value on and off the field. Its a hard call but its better to do 1 year early than 1 year late

Kite is the biggest loss but at his age getting him on a 1 year deal would not have been in his interests and a 2 year deal was not in ours.

Hopefully the new guys do well, but it is more about the others moving on to be honest. Who will fill the void, someone will. geez have you seen the storms props. You wouldnt have any of them in your team and they go alright

You are Correct and It also comes down to $$$$ for Manly buying Decent Props. Manly are Struggling Financially, they buy players on the Cheap that are struggling to find clubs, because of this, It is Important they should take the 9s Competition in Auckland Seriously, they need to put the Best Side forward to Win. With a Share of 2 Million Dollars, it would be a Big Plus for the club. I remember a few years back there was a talented Halfback playing S G Ball and The Melbourne Storm pounced onto him. They set him up nicely down there and looked after him

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Which halfback?
Can't remember his name, he was a Blondie haired kid, ( Not Lussick ) it was during the Trials for S G Ball up at Newcastle around 4 years ago. What I saw of him, he had talent.

Eagle Rock said:
jbb/james said:

You are Correct and It also comes down to $$$$ for Manly buying Decent Props. Manly are Struggling Financially, they buy players on the Cheap that are struggling to find clubs, because of this, It is Important they should take the 9s Competition in Auckland Seriously, they need to put the Best Side forward to Win. With a Share of 2 Million Dollars, it would be a Big Plus for the club. I remember a few years back there was a talented Halfback playing S G Ball and The Melbourne Storm pounced onto him. They set him up nicely down there and looked after him

Manly could have an extra $10 million in the bank and they would still be buying cheap props, the Salary Cap sees to that.

Ralphie said:
Eagle Rock said:
jbb/james said:

Manly could have an extra $10 million in the bank and they would still be buying cheap props, the Salary Cap sees to that.
Yes but as far as Manly being Financially Secure for the Future and when some of these players have retired, Manly will be a lot better position and the Recruitment will be more Attractive here. Plus Our Juniors will be looked after better.

Eagle Rock said:
Can't remember his name, he was a Blondie haired kid, ( Not Lussick ) it was during the Trials for S G Ball up at Newcastle around 4 years ago. What I saw of him, he had talent.

Was it Fabian Natoli ? - He went to Union last year - Manly Marlins

He was a good little Player, but 2v's height and effort on field, had crazy blond curly hair :)
http://www.ourfootyteam.com.au/juniorReps_lockerRoom_seaEagles.php

HappilyManly said:
Eagle Rock said:

Was it Fabian Natoli ? - He went to Union last year - Manly Marlins

He was a good little Player, but 2v's height and effort on field, had crazy blond curly hair :)
http://www.ourfootyteam.com.au/juniorReps_lockerRoom_seaEagles.php

No wasn't Fabs. Now there is a halfback lost to Manly Rugby. He is the Best halfback going around and I watch a lot of footy. Would have a Great Future in League as a half, Five eighth or Hooker, but in Union because of his height he could only really play 9 half, but has more options in League

I'll back our recruitment team, they rarely steer us wrong. Last year we got a bench prop from the Titans, a back rower not wanted by the wooden spooners, and a back rower not wanted by the Roosters, didn't work out too badly. I think Turbo may be a season off full time first grade, but will see some game time. Of all the buys, I'm tipping Lui and Starling to step up.

If we had of retained Kite and George and lost say, Turbo, we'd see thread after thread criticising recruitment for retaining a bloke past his best and another who takes half a season to get semi-fit.

"Manly are Struggling Financially"
"No wasn't Fabs. Now there is a halfback lost to Manly Rugby. He is the Best halfback going around and I watch a lot of footy."

Che!?

Welcome aboard Eagle Rock but fair go with the outlandish statements. You sound like you have some connection with the junior rep teams and I'll take that into account when reading your posts.

Bradza said:
"Manly are Struggling Financially"
"No wasn't Fabs. Now there is a halfback lost to Manly Rugby. He is the Best halfback going around and I watch a lot of footy."

Che!?

Welcome aboard Eagle Rock but fair go with the outlandish statements. You sound like you have some connection with the junior rep teams and I'll take that into account when reading your posts.

I get around and watch a lot of Footy and not just Manly and compare Teams. If you read up about this kid, you will see what a talent he is and what a loss to the club, he is now aiming to play for Italy in Rugby. its been Well Documented with Manly's Financial Troubles for a long time. I am glad you like reading my posts and yes I do Get Around for Everyone and have some very close connections with 1sts.

Manly aim to leave a hole in opposing front rows :D

I have faith in our Recruiters, and look forward to the mix of age and youth in our pack :angel:

Feb 9 Trial at Sharks for those of you in the Shire.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8