Hats off to George

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle Has Landed said:
If we haven't had so many injuries or suspensions to key forwards lets face it he wouldn't be in the team.

Im lost on how that translates into how he is playing ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
If we haven't had so many injuries or suspensions to key forwards lets face it he wouldn't be in the team.

Agreed it doesn't. Basically it's calling Rose a reserve grader which I believe is petty & mean spirited. I wish all our forwards had played with his level of enthusiasm on Monday night.

mickqld said:
Not one forward over 100 meters. None of them deserved any points last night & if Rose is our best at the moment then god help us.

mickqld said:
Fluffy said:
Since when are Props part of the backline mick?

It's about making meters in sets and our forwards can't cut it.

Lawrence 13 hitups 128m

Buhrer a backrower also made 131m

last time I checked that is more that 100m. I know you are a Queenslander so I can understand how you got that wrong

Mals said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Agreed it doesn't. Basically it's calling Rose a reserve grader which I believe is petty & mean spirited. I wish all our forwards had played with his level of enthusiasm on Monday night.

I think they are saying a guy who is only there for depth if injuries occur and is doing a good job off the bench in first grade is offering us great value.

Mals said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

LOL some of you guys must have hyper sensitivity or something.
I think you read into it too much sometimes, yeah Big George is playing well good luck to him

Ive been impressed with big george of late. He is really giving it his all, esp when we have been down on troops.

I hope he isnt just trying for a contract. Would hate to see his form slump once he is re-signed.

Kiwi Eagle said:
A lot of people extremely quiet about the big fella lately

KE you have been Georgie's personal champion on this forum in recent times. You have defended him over and over again. On a lot of occasions I thought you were wrong. I might add that I was a huge fan up until the start of last season. You may recall my user name was "Gorgeous George" - I loved the big fella!

However, this all changed when I noticed his work rate seemingly drop. He often struggled to get back into the defensive line. He also seemed to lose his usual impact when going forward. In short, I was really disappointed with him. I wasn't at all concerned when it was rumoured that he was being shopped around.

Last Monday night he really stood up. And so did I to cheer him on. FFS he even threw himself over the line to score a try. I had a flashback to a try he scored a few season ago where he put a twinkle-toe step on the last line to go under untouched. I was in heaven!

George's game last Monday was his best performance for a couple of seasons. There has certainly been the odd spark here and there in some matches this season. But it all culminated in a great game last Monday night. He really stood up in a losing side. He deserves a starting spot in our next match.

All he needs to do now is maintain the form I know he is capable of. He hasn't won me back just yet. But he is getting closer.

Eagles2nv said:
Ive been impressed with big george of late. He is really giving it his all, esp when we have been down on troops.

I hope he isnt just trying for a contract. Would hate to see his form slump once he is re-signed.

Look i wouldnt lose any sleep over the club resigning him to lose form after doing so.......... It wont happen, hes lucky we lost king and joe other wise we would never have seen him in first grade this year.

Frank said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
A lot of people extremely quiet about the big fella lately

KE you have been Georgie's personal champion on this forum in recent times. You have defended him over and over again. On a lot of occasions I thought you were wrong. I might add that I was a huge fan up until the start of last season. You may recall my user name was "Gorgeous George" - I loved the big fella!

However, this all changed when I noticed his work rate seemingly drop. He often struggled to get back into the defensive line. He also seemed to lose his usual impact when going forward. In short, I was really disappointed with him. I wasn't at all concerned when it was rumoured that he was being shopped around.

Last Monday night he really stood up. And so did I to cheer him on. FFS he even threw himself over the line to score a try. I had a flashback to a try he scored a few season ago where he put a twinkle-toe step on the last line to go under untouched. I was in heaven!

George's game last Monday was his best performance for a couple of seasons. There has certainly been the odd spark here and there in some matches this season. But it all culminated in a great game last Monday night. He really stood up in a losing side. He deserves a starting spot in our next match.

All he needs to do now is maintain the form I know he is capable of. He hasn't won me back just yet. But he is getting closer.

Lol I just hate the "he is too fat to play any good" rubbish. Same as all the "He is too small" crap that Toovey would have grown up hearing.

Bumping an old thread in an attempt to save the environment by not starting new threads willy-nilly.

As we all know how damaging willy-nilly's are to said environment.

OK

Did you guys see George's lil dance when the music was playing in about the 70th minute?

Waiting for kick off after another Manly try, Georgie got down to some fly moves.

T'was a pity his ankle went 1 minute later (dancing Gods speaking out?)

That third man in at the legs really needs to be looked at. Worse than an allgood slap, damage wise. (so is a mosquito bite though.)

globaleagle said:
Bumping an old thread in an attempt to save the environment by not starting new threads willy-nilly.

As we all know how damaging willy-nilly's are to said environment.

OK

Did you guys see George's lil dance when the music was playing in about the 70th minute?

Waiting for kick off after another Manly try, Georgie got down to some fly moves.

T'was a pity his ankle went 1 minute later (dancing Gods speaking out?)

That third man in at the legs really needs to be looked at. Worse than an allgood slap, damage wise. (so is a mosquito bite though.)

Yes but where is hat off to?

globaleagle said:
Dunno, probably to some crappy pun thread.

:p

Why did he leave you for george? Were you unable to fulfill his head needs?

Dan said:
globaleagle said:

He got scared of heights.

*explanation pic to follow*

Damn it's hot over here.

Dan said:
globaleagle said:

Maybe he couldn't get over the shame of the "drinking my own wee" joke. I still cringe from when I heard Col Elliot tell the same joke on stage back in the 80's. ;)

Col Elliott???? pffft, that sounds like a made up name - like "the eighties"

*sorry george, tried to push your dance credentials but hat rules all.

The Lurker is back for his final instalment of the week with news about salary cap pressure at Manly, the Dragons' coaching job and a boost for the Storm.

Rose on the way out of Manly
Salary cap pressure will force Manly to release cult hero George Rose at the end of the season. The bulky forward has been told there is no room on the roster for 2014 and beyond after a recent recruitment meeting. Manly have a number of back-ended deals that kick in next season, most notably second-rower Glenn Stewart. Skipper Jamie's Lyon's new upgraded contract will also soak up much of next year's cap increase. It will prevent coach Geoff Toovey from any making any major signings. The situation is so tight Glenn Stewart was afforded the opportunity to look elsewhere next year if he could find a long term deal. He spoke to Parramatta but couldn't reach an agreement. Manly will miss Rose, whose impact off the bench in tight games has been a huge bonus for the team.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filefriday-243370

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8