Hasson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
mozgrame said:
c eagle said:
Moz, I see your point..... But I know it's been some time since we have seen it , but king used to never take a back ward step.... And really take it to the opposition.... Just a player that plays with a little fire in the belly, just seems like the forwards turn up and get there metres and tackles, which is getting the job done on most occasions like you mentioned...... Just would like to see a top dog willing to stand up and serve it up to opposition packs

I agree completely with your Kingy assessment, but you could also just have easily described Mason, except Mason is still playing well at his age. It may sound funny, but I think that under the guidance/influence of Mason, JSL may turn very quickly into the front rower you are looking for.

Jesse needs about 10-15kg of muscle and some more mongrel if he is any hope of becoming a front rower.

I don't think he lacks mongrel; he has a red hot go. But I don't think he is a front rower and I also don't think the club see him as a front rower. He will stay in the back row where he belongs.

Snake said:
Chip and Chase said:
mozgrame said:
c eagle said:
Moz, I see your point..... But I know it's been some time since we have seen it , but king used to never take a back ward step.... And really take it to the opposition.... Just a player that plays with a little fire in the belly, just seems like the forwards turn up and get there metres and tackles, which is getting the job done on most occasions like you mentioned...... Just would like to see a top dog willing to stand up and serve it up to opposition packs

I agree completely with your Kingy assessment, but you could also just have easily described Mason, except Mason is still playing well at his age. It may sound funny, but I think that under the guidance/influence of Mason, JSL may turn very quickly into the front rower you are looking for.

Jesse needs about 10-15kg of muscle and some more mongrel if he is any hope of becoming a front rower.

I don't think he lacks mongrel; he has a red hot go. But I don't think he is a front rower and I also don't think the club see him as a front rower. He will stay in the back row where he belongs.
Every mongrel makes an impact and Hasson does not make an impact . That's what we mean by the term mongrel .

Based on how he went with limited minutes in 2013, I expected reasonable things from him in 2014. However, if anything he seemed to go backwards. Not sure if it was injury related, or he just didn't take the most of his opportunity, possibly because he thought he had "made it", (wouldn't be the first player to fall into that trap). No matter the case, he'll likely find it harder to get minutes this season so if he is to become a regular in our 17 he'll have to make a decent impact in what is likely to be minimal minutes at the start of the season.

Furthermore, for the benefit of relieving boredom, here are some height and weight comparisons...

Willie Mason 196cm (6ft 5in) - 115kg

James Hasson 191cm (6ft 3in) - 105kg

Josh Starling 186cm (6ft 1in) - 105kg

Brenton Lawrence 184cm (6ft) - 106kg

Dunamis Lui 182cm (5ft 11) - 108kg

JSL 189cm (6ft 2in) - 103kg

Joe G (The Man) 181cm (5ft 11) - 106kg

JSL would not have to put much weight on at all in the off season, except to get to Willie's size. LOL. I think it might be time to look at the size of the fight in the dog. JSL is naturally aggressive. Put a couple of more kg's on him and he may surprise.

It never hurts to think outside the box. Ever. Look at Qld using DCE as a lock.

^^^ Jorgie Taufua coming off the bench as a back-row sub. That's his future.

More match time for Ferris off the bench as 1. Back-rower and 2. as Dummy-half for 15mins early 2nd half, to help Ballin recharge.

And Dunamis @ lock, in choc's "middle-man" role.

The point is, just because it is really, really unlikely to happen, that does not make it undoable. Not by a long shot. 2 or 3 kg's and he's the same weight as Lawrence and Starling, and taller than both, if only by an inch or 2.

JSL had a great year in 2014. But he wasn't a prop, he played as a edge forward, second rower rower if u like. And played it pretty dam well. Let's not go back to 2013 when Willow had him trying to ruck it because the reserves simply had no one else left due to injuries. And let's not try and turn him into something he's not.

Hasson on the other hand, hmm he will end up a prop, but agree some extra size would help his cause, another 5 but preferably 10kg and he'd be real good. Until then back row is his best spot too.

The reality is we have been short of a prop or two in the reserves for a few years now. They get smashed partly because of no go forward. Having lost Tetevano, released the Elephant man, the reserves are are again looking light on up front. A few injuries to our big men in the a's and we are either hoping out kids in Sao and Baker step up or we are again playing lite weights like Andrews, or Hasson out of position.

tetevano is a massive loss.

I am just wondering which of our halves we let go so we can have enough top line forwards to cover 5 injuries/suspensions whilst still having the best pack in the league?

Or are we in the deluded world of no salary cap?

Take out the burgess boys, teo and luke and the bunnies would have gone out in straight sets.

Fluffy said:
I am just wondering which of our halves we let go so we can have enough top line forwards to cover 5 injuries/suspensions whilst still having the best pack in the league?

Take out the burgess boys, teo and luke and the bunnies would have gone out in straight sets.

I don't think our injured forwards were of the calibre of the Burgess boys, Teo and Luke, but just my personal opinion though LOL. Naive, or silly, comparison me thinks.

I wonder if it would have been better to leave Hasson in the back row instead of trying to turn him into a front rower??

http://wn.com/james_hasson

mozgrame said:
I wonder if it would have been better to leave Hasson in the back row instead of trying to turn him into a front rower??

Chee Kam looked good playing in the NYC with as well
The NRL sorts out the men from the boys

BOZO said:
mozgrame said:

Something the Catholic Church should have done years ago.

Chee-Kam to prop!!

Apologies to MCK, and any Catholics in the audience. I'm a bit pissed. LOL!! :D

mozgrame said:
BOZO said:
mozgrame said:

Something the Catholic Church should have done years ago.

Chee-Kam to prop!!

Apologies to MCK, and any Catholics in the audience. I'm a bit pissed. LOL!! :D
Classic lol :)

Moops said:
Fluffy said:

I don't think our injured forwards were of the calibre of the Burgess boys, Teo and Luke, but just my personal opinion though LOL. Naive, or silly, comparison me thinks.

Really? I rate them pretty damn close.

1 Sam B
2 Choc
3 Teo
4 Matty B
5 Buhrer
6 Luke
7 George B
8 Gift
9 Tom B
10 Fa'aso

I am willing to bet you think that it goes 1-5 souths, daylight second

BOZO said:
Snake said:
Chip and Chase said:
mozgrame said:
c eagle said:

Every mongrel makes an impact and Hasson does not make an impact . That's what we mean by the term mongrel .

I was talking about JSL, as was Chip. To my knowledge, in Rugby League terms, mongrel refers to a player that exudes aggression in their playing style. Kite made a great impact but you wouldn't necessarily say he had mongrel...he was tough and worked hard. JWH is a mongrel because he is always pushing and shoving, first man to start a niggle, and appears angry all the time.

Snake said:
BOZO said:
Snake said:
Chip and Chase said:
mozgrame said:

I was talking about JSL, as was Chip. To my knowledge, in Rugby League terms, mongrel refers to a player that exudes aggression in their playing style. Kite made a great impact but you wouldn't necessarily say he had mongrel...he was tough and worked hard. JWH is a mongrel because he is always pushing and shoving, first man to start a niggle, and appears angry all the time.
I don't believe you have to be a dirty player to have mongrel IMO . 2V was tough he made an impact and he had mongrel but was never a dirty player He had no sht in his game at all

BOZO said:
Snake said:
BOZO said:
Snake said:
Chip and Chase said:

I don't believe you have to be a dirty player to have mongrel IMO . 2V was tough he made an impact and he had mongrel but was never a dirty player He had no sht in his game at all

yeah I agree regarding Toovey. I guess we just have different definitions of mongrel which is OK. I would class gifty as having mongrel, but he was never dirty either.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6