Hasson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
With the buys during the off season, this guy will struggle to see first grade...... Huge opportunity to show his worth last year in a depleted pack.... But was solid at best, no real venom , impact we really need an injection from the bench, we have missed this..... None of our front row rotation last year really made inrodes into opposition packs..... Ok bj and jsl had a go but with little to no help..... The rest just seemed to go though the motions.

"None of our front row rotation last year really made inrodes into opposition packs..... Ok bj and jsl had a go but with little to no help..... The rest just seemed to go though the motions."

And yet, we nearly made another Grand Final. Just out of interest, who, over the last few years, was the Manly front rower that gave us this venom, impact from the bench and made inroads into the opposition pack continually? Who is that aggressive front rower we are now missing??

We don't rely on big agro front rowers because we play the game smarter than opposition teams. The secret to our success over the last decade is pretty simple. Brains and a well balanced team.

BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
And yet, we nearly made another Grand Final.
and we could have won it if we had a bit more fire power up front
Or an honest ref.
Or an honest prop forward
Or a settled team with their minds 100% on the job and zero distractions off field.

An honest prop? Like the other big rip and tear types that got us into, and in fact won us a couple of GF's over the past years? Guys like...?

mozgrame said:
And yet, we nearly made another Grand Final. Just out of interest, who, over the last few years, was the Manly front rower that gave us this venom, impact from the bench and made inroads into the opposition pack continually? Who is that aggressive front rower we are now missing??

would you count Joe G, or to a lesser extent George Rose?

mozgrame said:
BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
And yet, we nearly made another Grand Final.
Or an honest ref.
Or a settled team with their minds 100% on the job and zero distractions off field.

An honest prop? Like the other big rip and tear types that got us into, and in fact won us a couple of GF's over the past years? Guys like...?
Guys that have more fire power than Hasson . That is why we signed the 40 year old Mason who has more testosterone than Hasson and will play a big role for us in 2015

Mal Cochrane said:
mozgrame said:

would you count Joe G, or to a lesser extent George Rose?

No. I would count them, Kite, Kingy and the like, as good solid players that knew their role and played it very well for the team. When you have a very good and solid pack, then throw in the brains trust of DCE, Foz, Lyon and Gifty, you get success. Putting in a JWH type is a misfit. But, that's just my opinion.

BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
BOZO said:
Or an honest ref.

Guys that have more fire power than Hasson . That is why we signed the 40 year old Mason who has more testosterone than Hasson and will play a big role for us in 2015
Mason will be a better fit to our side than a younger, hot head that teaches our young blokes to lose the plot and give away stupid penalties when the going gets tough in the middle.

Moz, I see your point..... But I know it's been some time since we have seen it , but king used to never take a back ward step.... And really take it to the opposition.... Just a player that plays with a little fire in the belly, just seems like the forwards turn up and get there metres and tackles, which is getting the job done on most occasions like you mentioned...... Just would like to see a top dog willing to stand up and serve it up to opposition packs

c eagle said:
Moz, I see your point..... But I know it's been some time since we have seen it , but king used to never take a back ward step.... And really take it to the opposition.... Just a player that plays with a little fire in the belly, just seems like the forwards turn up and get there metres and tackles, which is getting the job done on most occasions like you mentioned...... Just would like to see a top dog willing to stand up and serve it up to opposition packs

I agree completely with your Kingy assessment, but you could also just have easily described Mason, except Mason is still playing well at his age. It may sound funny, but I think that under the guidance/influence of Mason, JSL may turn very quickly into the front rower you are looking for.

Bit tough on Hasson. He's still a pup. Mason will be the best thing for Hasson. I wouldn't be surprised if Tooves has given Hasson to Willy as his personal pet project aka Dr Willy Frankenstein....god it really is the off season ! lol

wombatgc said:
Bit tough on Hasson. He's still a pup. Mason will be the best thing for Hasson. I wouldn't be surprised if Tooves has given Hasson to Willy as his personal pet project aka Dr Willy Frankenstein....god it really is the off season ! lol
If your good enough your old enough .Jason Taumalolo is one year younger than the pup and he has already played 3 test matches !!!

Mark O'Meley played front row for the Bears at 17 too. So what? Some players, or men, mature faster than others.

I think he carried an injury last year, he showed some good form at end of the previous season. Let's not write him off until he strings a few games together.

mozgrame said:
"None of our front row rotation last year really made inrodes into opposition packs..... Ok bj and jsl had a go but with little to no help..... The rest just seemed to go though the motions."

We don't rely on big agro front rowers because we play the game smarter than opposition teams. The secret to our success over the last decade is pretty simple. Brains and a well balanced team.

Nearly made a grand final?!

Now that would have been messy, seeing how they took apart a pack much bigger than ours. If Souths actually kept playing for the full 80 minutes against us in the final, it would have been a massacre, don't worry about all the points we scored at the end. We were so far away from a premiership, it wasn't funny. Just my opinion...

The point is, what cruelled us most this year was disgruntled players and, as Shoe1 has stated, injuries. Not the lack of impact by Hasson, or any perceived lackadaisical effort on the part of the forwards that got a run. Any way, it's all a spent cheque now. Let's see what next year brings with the signings and a good off season. The more I think about it, the more I like the signing of Mason.

mozgrame said:
c eagle said:

I agree completely with your Kingy assessment, but you could also just have easily described Mason, except Mason is still playing well at his age. It may sound funny, but I think that under the guidance/influence of Mason, JSL may turn very quickly into the front rower you are looking for.

Jesse needs about 10-15kg of muscle and some more mongrel if he is any hope of becoming a front rower.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4