Hasson...are we being unfair?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Effort and loving to play for Manly are great, but that has not lifted Manly off the bottom of the table.
I just don't rate him.
He is too skinny for a forward and never bends the line, and Manly are carrying too many average forwards to be able to carry him as well. To compete and make the 8 Manly need impact players and momentum, and this guy just does not have that impact imho.
I would put most of the Manly forward squad in front of him.
NYEagle

For what they are worth, and no idea how accurate they are, the NRL.com game stats
Hasson 31 min, 7 runs, 62 m, 25 tackles
Mason 30, 9, 96, 13
Sao 42, 13 114, 28
Starling 15, 7, 62, 6

Which suggests Hasson did fine.
And though it was Mason who scored a number of accolades (and plenty of votes in our MVP thread), it was Sao who really excelled.
What it doesn't show are quick play-the-balls, the value of those runs or tackles etc. Mason was our best forward IMO, one try in particular came off a good run and quick play-the-ball from him. Stats are good, but show only part of the story.

Hasson made two very important tackles last night. One was to stop Seumanafaga rampaging his way to the line, and Hasson cut him down in a very good ball and all tackle. I do agree that he lacks impact running the ball, would still like to see him running a bit wider. But over all, nothing to complain about last night.

What does anyone expect from a player who would not be in the squad without injuries?

At the end of the day we can't keep everyone . Maybe there all starting to have a dig for a contract because they know there is going to be major changes in 2016. To little to late for some I think . Jesus next year is looking good . Manly are never down for long are they .

What it doesn't show are quick play-the-balls, the value of those runs or tackles etc. Mason was our best forward IMO, one try in particular came off a good run and quick play-the-ball from him. Stats are good, but show only part of the story.
Also one of those tackles from Mason, which is just a statistical number on that list, rattled one of their forwards into losing the ball, lifted the team immediately and led directly to a converted try.. Stats say it's just a tackle though lol..

Hasson did his job well last night. He is one of those players you need, a bit like Willo when he was in the team around 06-08 era, not especially gifted as a player but did his bit.

For what they are worth, and no idea how accurate they are, the NRL.com game stats
Hasson 31 min, 7 runs, 62 m, 25 tackles
Mason 30, 9, 96, 13
Sao 42, 13 114, 28
Starling 15, 7, 62, 6

Which suggests Hasson did fine.
And though it was Mason who scored a number of accolades (and plenty of votes in our MVP thread), it was Sao who really excelled.
Lies, damned lies & statistics.:rolleyes:

Just watched the replay and Hass's foot never touches the ball in every play the ball instance. Lazy and not learning still :mad:

BoChoc used to do it and it just gives a narky Ref an obvious penalty opportunity @:cool:

Just watched the replay and Hass's foot never touches the ball in every play the ball instance. Lazy and not learning still :mad:

BoChoc used to do it and it just gives a narky Ref an obvious penalty opportunity @:cool:

The Tigers did the same all night, I don't mind if they look like they are making an attempt to play the ball correctly but the Tigers were taking the piss, was like tunnel ball. It was like watching Souffs or the Roosters "play the ball" ie the don't.

Reading half of the comments about Hasson each week always brings me back to this picture. I believe the model may be Mavin/Desert Boot Kid/Lil Wayne

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 26
Hass - goodish last nite, gave it his all: maybe he checked in the drawer where he keeps the Goat/2v pic, only to find IT IS GONE. Unless he finds it again, selection of bench is gonna be more interesting for a while . . ,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4