Hasson...are we being unfair?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re Hasson-I think he is a little off the pace for NRL, and unless he lifts his game significantly, he will go back to NSW Cup/Park footy for good.

Last edited:
Re Hasson-I think he is a little off the pace for NRL, and unless he lifts his game significantly, he will go back to NSW Cup/Park footy for good. In saying that, he has potential to improve.
My last words are the so called "FANS" on here that ridicule our own players such as James are just barnacles on this great club.
Anyone who has made fun of him or ridiculed him sit neatly in the "grubby supporters" that clubs have to have. That's right, you online over passionate idiots who are nobody's and generally know nothing about what it takes to be a pro athlete, or commentate on the game.
So if the cap fits-wear it!
No one is questioning his desire. What's posted is probably a consensus view on his ability as a first grade forward.

A fan doesn't have to think the sun shines out of every players arse. I recall sitting up in our old Jane Try seats each week during Orford years hearing how rubbish he was any time a kick or something didn't come off. Plenty thought he was a plonker even as we were dominating teams with him orchestrating it.

Re Hasson-I think he is a little off the pace for NRL, and unless he lifts his game significantly, he will go back to NSW Cup/Park footy for good. In saying that, he has potential to improve.
My last words are the so called "FANS" on here that ridicule our own players such as James are just barnacles on this great club.
Anyone who has made fun of him or ridiculed him sit neatly in the "grubby supporters" that clubs have to have. That's right, you online over passionate idiots who are nobody's and generally know nothing about what it takes to be a pro athlete, or commentate on the game.
So if the cap fits-wear it!
Is that you James? Everyone is entitled to there own opinion including yourself. But who are you to question what sort of fans people on here are. You don't know me or probably many of the people on here, you sure as **** don't know how passionate I am about manly. Just because I don't have a high opinion of Hasson dosn't make me any less of a supporter or imply I don't love the club as much. I am not a " professional athlete" and never will be, but if there is some one in my workplace who is a mile behind the rest of the team in ability. I assure you there job wouldn't last. IMO he is not a good footballer and as someone who wants to see this great club move forward and have great success, I feel there is no place for him in our team.

Read the beginning of my post dribbler
Na was more interested in the parts were you slagged everyone off. Barnacles to the great club was one of your expressions, we'll maybe it's time to have a look in the mirror. Everyone would love James to succeed and become a great player, but sadly this is not gonna happen. If it did I would be the first to put my hand up, but in the mean time I want us to be a successful club and challenge for the premiership. So continue slagging everyone here off, and eventually when no one wants to hear any more of your vomit, you will be able to start your own forum

I think part of the problem is that for the past 40-odd years Manly has been blessed with some of the best back rowers going around. Guys like Terry Randall, Les Boyd, Fatty, Crusher, Rambo, OJ, Beaver, Daniel Gartner, Kosef, BK, Choc and Gifty just to name a few.

It must be tough for guys like Hasson to live up to that standard. And its harder when fans, myself included, expect that same level or better from every player.

I'm not Hasson's biggest fan, but I hope he does prove us all wrong and does it in a Manly jumper.

I think part of the problem is that for the past 40-odd years Manly has been blessed with some of the best back rowers going around. Guys like Terry Randall, Les Boyd, Fatty, Crusher, Rambo, OJ, Beaver, Daniel Gartner, Kosef, BK, Choc and Gifty just to name a few.

It must be tough for guys like Hasson to live up to that standard. And its harder when fans, myself included, expect that same level or better from every player.

I'm not Hasson's biggest fan, but I hope he does prove us all wrong and does it in a Manly jumper.
I would love nothing more, and would happily eat my words. The last thing I want to see is someone in our Jersey not succeding

Anyone who wants to ridicule and make fun of our players including Hasson, as many have, are the very vomit you speak of. Grow up you child-read the content and post with a semblance of intelligence that is credible. Don't get into a slanging match with me, this forum rarely represents the club due to its constant **** canning of players and staff. You "probably" have the same holistic views I have, but you immaturity drove you to pick a fight over nothing but my contempt for anybody who ridicules an under performer by making things personal. James Hasson is a fine lad- I know this because I have witnessed his growth as a man at the club. He works extremely hard and it's a credit to him.
You adversely are a flea-consult the dictionary for its metaphorical meaning.

A piece of work like you works for the club or has some involvement lol we are in great hands.

Send my love 2 James

I guess the question is if we have a fully fit roster does he get anywhere near the top 17?
For me it is a no. As a result I choose to view him as a depth player rather than a top line player - is he up to that standard? The jury is out for me but he has potential to be a handy back up

It is pretty tough to look at every player and expect them to be a world beater -you are just setting yourself up for disappointment

Anyone who wants to ridicule and make fun of our players including Hasson, as many have, are the very vomit you speak of. Grow up you child-read the content and post with a semblance of intelligence that is credible. Don't get into a slanging match with me, this forum rarely represents the club due to its constant **** canning of players and staff. You "probably" have the same holistic views I have, but you immaturity drove you to pick a fight over nothing but my contempt for anybody who ridicules an under performer by making things personal. James Hasson is a fine lad- I know this because I have witnessed his growth as a man at the club. He works extremely hard and it's a credit to him.
Unlike you professor, we are not all at home with the dictionary in hand. I am not trying to pick a fight with you at all, but your the one who got on here bagging everyone who had an opinion that didn't suit your own opinion. Never have I seen any one suggest he doesn't work hard, and as I have said before would love for him to make me eat my words. But the constant horse **** abuse that you find to include in your post is really pissing me off. Pull your big fat head right out of your ass and realise you are a no body to a lot of people on here, just like I am and your opinion is your opinion and you are intitled to that. But that is no reason for you to interpret what other people think and do for the club. Just because you may have some time around the players dosn't make you a better judge then any one else.

Unlike you professor, we are not all at home with the dictionary in hand. I am not trying to pick a fight with you at all, but your the one who got on here bagging everyone who had an opinion that didn't suit your own opinion. Never have I seen any one suggest he doesn't work hard, and as I have said before would love for him to make me eat my words. But the constant horse **** abuse that you find to include in your post is really pissing me off. Pull your big fat head right out of your ass and realise you are a no body to a lot of people on here, just like I am and your opinion is your opinion and you are intitled to that. But that is no reason for you to interpret what other people think and do for the club. Just because you may have some time around the players dosn't make you a better judge then any one else.

For what they are worth, and no idea how accurate they are, the NRL.com game stats
Hasson 31 min, 7 runs, 62 m, 25 tackles
Mason 30, 9, 96, 13
Sao 42, 13 114, 28
Starling 15, 7, 62, 6

Which suggests Hasson did fine.
And though it was Mason who scored a number of accolades (and plenty of votes in our MVP thread), it was Sao who really excelled.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6