Hasler and Penn fire up as NRL sticks with home finals schedule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
Can you imagine if Penrith comes in top 4 and plays say Titans or Cowboys at Homebush in a final. It would be absolutely farcical. Or even more farcical plays at SFS.

Or Cronulla.

I really don't know why Manly, Cronulla, Penrith, Tigers and St-G Illawarra don't act in a block to have this decision reversed for Sydney clubs. It is in all their interests.

simple-2 Sydney clubs-bigger venue.Sydney club v "outer" club-home venue.As far as goose's comment the other day that supporters need to know where their finals footy is being played at,spare a thought for cows supporters.They couldn't book a plane seat until 6pm after the Manly game,cause they were still mathematical chances of playing at either aami,sfs,or suncorp.How is THAT knowing where your finals are being played at?And let's not start on the joke that is the full season non-draw...................

Gallop blames the clubs for decisions...... when they go wrong. He claims the glory when they go right. I hate the idea that once it's failed we do it again and again. I just hope this 'Commission' can take some initiative and change things from year to year. This mentality that everything's set in stone is plainly just stupid. If a change is needed, then change it.

The 8:30 kick off was definately a factor for families, as was the public transport or lack thereof from the Northern Beaches. The fact is though, that we still managed to get over 19K to 2 v 7 finals in 07 against Souths and 08 against Illawarra, both of which also kicked off at 830pm.

Both those teams obviously have a better following in Sydney than the Cowboys, but I don't remember seeing many of their fans at Brookie on those 2 nights. Maybe the same public transport issues are also relevent in reverse. Based on all 3 games kicking off at the same time I don't think we can really blame the time.

The real question is, was it just public transport issues that stopped the same Manly fans who turned up at 830pm in 07 & 08 from getting to the game on Saturday or do people who say we generally wont travel more than 20km have a point?

Also, it was a finals game and 4 of the 10 people in our group were at their first game for the year. I would have thought there may have been a few others making a special effort for the big games (ala 08 GF when we more Manly fans showed up than I knew even existed) but obviously I was mistaken.

We now have 2 weeks notice that we are playing Friday 23rd at SFS or ANZ (even harder to get to for most of us) so we better get on to all our fellow Sea Eagles fans and encougage them to get there.

Those who were there made plenty of noise but we need more to try and replicate the atmosphere we had at Brookie v the Storm. Every crowd penalty is going to be crucial.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4