Has the Lurker seen this photo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
The Wheel said:
I thought the lurker might have been the Viking - Haig kasserian

Lurker? Sounds more like a Robert Hughes or Rolf Harris type.

Or a bulldogs junior coach with protection from a certain major sports COO.

@RyanH248 where does the Choc/DCE feud come from? Surely DCE commanding a big wage can't be behind it...he's entitled to it. End result?

The Lurker: People don't get on in all walks of working life and this is no different. Some of the senior players at Manly have made sacrifices to stay at the club but believe Daly Cherry-Evans has looked after himself and will bolt to the Broncos at the first opportunity. I'm not saying who's wrong and right in all this – I'm simply saying certain players aren't that close and there is a divide but they'll still continue to win more than they lose. Some fans are too close to their club and want to shoot the messenger whenever you dare suggest everything is not rosy. They obviously know more than me.

Lets face it most of us know bugger all what is happening. I get the feeling that the sacrifices that some players made was to back end contracts. ie they went without some money early on and now getting overs. This is part of the Gifty's problem. He probably wanted what he was getting this year. Having said that, in reality DCE did his "low pay period". He was a grand final winning half back playing for $80,000 a year. His improvement was so rapid it took a while for money to catch up to achievements.

southsideeagle said:
Lets face it most of us know bugger all what is happening. I get the feeling that the sacrifices that some players made was to back end contracts. ie they went without some money early on and now getting overs. This is part of the Gifty's problem. He probably wanted what he was getting this year. Having said that, in reality DCE did his "low pay period". He was a grand final winning half back playing for $80,000 a year. His improvement was so rapid it took a while for money to catch up to achievements.

and I wouldn't have had a problem with him if he (through his manager) only demanded more money at the end of that low contract but it didn't work out that way and a mid contract upgrade was demanded and then a bigger slice of the pie was again demanded at each contract which would in the end force out other players such as Kitey and Gift.

I, like others have said, do not want to see Manly end up like the NQ Cowboys with one major player getting the bulk of the money pie and the club not being able to afford other major players. One major injury to that player and the clubs chances for the season are gone and they are paying big dollars to a guy who is sitting on the sidelines.

Yes the guy deserves a good pay packet but the club needs to draw a line in the sand and say when enough is enough and retain enough finances to maintain a quality and competitive NRL team.

Would you rather let DCE go and keep Kite,Gift,Rose and maybe say Matai and King all near the end of their careers ?

mickqld said:
Would you rather let DCE go and keep Kite,Gift,Rose and maybe say Matai and King all near the end of their careers ?

Keep Kitie, Gift, Rose, Skivy and King vs DCE/Sid? That is an easy decision BION.

mickqld said:

Are you asking me that because of my post previous to yours? If so then I will answer you with a quote from my previous post:

I, like others have said, do not want to see Manly end up like the NQ Cowboys with one major player getting the bulk of the money pie and the club not being able to afford other major players. One major injury to that player and the clubs chances for the season are gone and they are paying big dollars to a guy who is sitting on the sidelines.

Yes the guy deserves a good pay packet but the club needs to draw a line in the sand and say when enough is enough and retain enough finances to maintain a quality and competitive NRL team.

I would love to keep DCE for everything that he has to offer but I would also and mainly want to maintain as a priority, a quality and competitive NRL team that is capable of taking out the title.

If his piece of the pie keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger then there is no way in hell that the club will be able to maintain that quality and competitive NRL team as we won't be able to afford to both keep and obtain the players that we need to maintain that quality and competitive NRL team.

The club needs to weigh up their options and decide what they want. Do they want to continuously keep increasing the guys salary to keep him at the club and hope that he remains injury free or do they want a quality and competitive NRL team?

Like I said, the club needs weigh up their options and draw a line in the sand and say when enough is enough and let him go if he reaches that point in his asking price. It wouldn't be the first time that the club has let a player go because of their asking price. The club is bigger than any one player.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6