has the king returned???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
watching the thrashing we handed out to sam harris and the tigers on saturday i was surprised to see the number 8 jersey getting well and truley involved in the game. kingy went looking for the ball and made plenty of tackles, the guy deadset did more in that trial than he did in the whole of 2005.
has he regained the form which saw him earn a spot in the city line up not so long ago?
has the king returned? !pray:

I think all that saw him were pleasantly suprised. Both he and Kite measured up nicely early and bryant and lulu kept us on top. Add piggy Rose to that list and our engine room looks strong this year

A fit, physical and involved King will make a BIG difference to the team, like he did a couple of years ago, when he was our number one prop.

He seems to have lost the hunch back (I'm not being mean), and his body shape is MUCH better. Poor Skandalis might have a headache trying to tackle him....Skandalis was smashed !!!

He looks "a little" more mobile, but a lot more powerful.

With some match fitness, I'd like to see him become better laterally in the defensive line.

If King is laterally more mobile and able to nail the little men I will be delighted. He got stepped around way too much last year. Last year he ran very high, meaning that he dropped the minute someone touched him and he was easy to get under.

Signs are good. He is due an injury free run and I hope it happens.

here we go again.two trials and the same old culprits are being being proposed for deity.

LEST WE FORGET our last proper match-the highest half time score in semi final history!!!

1 hit up from the princess in the match ,passes and kicks flying everywhere from the beloved skipper.

more evidence please before we crown these great champions once again.

Haig tells me the King was good for 53 meteres last weekend - the least of all props.

He makes a good point. How good can this bloke be when he's outplayed consistently by journeymen like Bryant and Heckenberg.

Anyways, I'm starting to rue the $50 it looks like I'll be owing to Sue in 18 months time.

Same old dribble from sue

didnt see the game and already has players written off because of poor performances.

Haig was at the game Fluffy - you tool.

53 meteres, and worst of all props.

What do you have to say?

1 hit up from the princess in the match ,passes and kicks flying everywhere from the beloved skipper.

How ya going Sue great to have you back - did not realise BK was kicking on the weekend

As you say jury still out on Monas and King but hey its a new year mate and it will take at least 3 rounds for the rot to set in

53 metres is still a vast improvement from Kings metres gained last year.Fingers crossed he will keep getting better..

Utility-was referring to monas as captian in semi last year.it is a new year and hope burns eternal.

as for fluffy's comment i am simply not accepting a single trial game performance as evidence of a turnaround.I vividly remember how the tigers were written off after last years trial by many on this forum.Trials are a low intensity hit out to clear the cobwebs.that is all.nice to win but mean sweet fa.

i am also predicting a very good year for the boys (4th-6th place )and am in no way negative about our chances.i simply want players to play in the right position in the case of monaghan or improve a hundred fold in the case of king.

if the above guys perform WHEN IT MATTERS we are in for a stellar year.

Haig was at the game Fluffy - you tool.

53 meteres, and worst of all props.

What do you have to say?

1. I didnt realise Sue was Haig. For that i apologise - would be easier if posters kept just one name

2. Since when do you listen to haig? or take any notice of stats?

Even if it was jsut 53 metres - it was the way he made them in tough hard runs. He didnt shirk the work like last year and made 2 huge hits in defence, more than last year in total. Anyone who saw him play would have been pleasantly suprised, those that didnt shouldnt be sprouting their opinions on current form without knowing any

This is what Haig had to say about King's game - and Haig is not sue dullard!

"Im guessing the guy that told you that was the same person that told you King had a good game! LOL He never passed tha ad-line, and it's since been revealed he made 55-odd metres in about the same amount of game time. You should listen to the right people;)"

Haig must have been busy writing down the stats since king did pass the advantage line at least one - thats why we were all cheering and yelling good one kingy.

Haig must have been busy writing down the stats since king did pass the advantage line at least one - thats why we were all cheering and yelling good one kingy.

You know how good a prop is when it is felt remarkable that he crossed the advantage line once in 55 minutes of play.

Something Webcke does ten times in the opening five minutes usually.

you can argue that all you want sure.

All that has been said is that he looked a lot better, then someone who didnt see him play reakons he was as bad as last year. He isnt back yet but all signs point to a much improved season and with any luck 2003 form of better, nothing so far in 2006 says otherwise.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4