Has the clock struck midnight for Laurie Daley?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Will Laurie Daley coach the Blues in 2018?

• Yes - He did end the streak after all...

• No - 1 series out of 5 isn't good enough

Results are only viewable after voting.
NSW need a whole change of identity and culture. Stop picking players in positions they haven't performed in, stop picking players based on past performances from years ago. Pick the form players, not the grubs or the dirty players.

My plan I'd like to see NSW implement.

Johns/Fittler co-coaches

1 Trbojevic
2 Mansour
3 Walker
4 Jennings
5 Mitchell
6 Moylan
7 Cleary (gk)
8 Vaughan
9 Koroisau
10 Trbojevic (c)
11 Cordner (c)
12 Graham (vc)
13 Bird

14 Peachy
15 Jackson
16 James
17 Merrin
I agree with the sentiment to get away from the grubbie Fefita types. A couple of your selections im not convinced (Jennings for example). I think we do need a bit more speed out wide. Hayne and Dugan are strong ball runners but they lack speed so I am in favour of cutting them. Dylan Walker and Latrell Mitchell will be ready for it next year. Hopefully Turbo too. Think Teddy good enough to stay 1. Frizell also deserves to stay but off the bench. Not sure why Loz didnt use him the same way he was used last series (off the bench).

Can we add Ferguson to that list. Defensively he was poor, and NSW isnt short of options on the wing.

Here is the problem.

He'll now go back to the Chooks, play ok and get selected for the World Cup where against [often much] less than great opposition he'll look like a star. Then he'll be back there for NSW next year.

Johns/Fittler co-coaches

Oh please! Those two are not coaching material and Johns has basically admitted he does not have the stomach for it. Both individually brilliant players, but incapable of imparting football knowledge.

Then you have the NSW captain at the presentation saying how proud he is of his team. To make matters worse, he has an on air love fest with JT, and then Cronk to top it off. That is not a competitive player and reflects the softness of the group. Maloney got it right in being filthy.

Origin is for serious hard heads. Toovey is the sort of bloke you need at the top who will take no prisoners, not respect the opposition and bring some much needed mongrel into the series. Blues on paper looked great, but may as well start over as there is no pride, no guts, dare I say no will or desire.

A forfeit next year would be the kindest option.

Oh please! Those two are not coaching material and Johns has basically admitted he does not have the stomach for it. Both individually brilliant players, but incapable of imparting football knowledge.

Then you have the NSW captain at the presentation saying how proud he is of his team. To make matters worse, he has an on air love fest with JT, and then Cronk to top it off. That is not a competitive player and reflects the softness of the group. Maloney got it right in being filthy.

Origin is for serious hard heads. Toovey is the sort of bloke you need at the top who will take no prisoners, not respect the opposition and bring some much needed mongrel into the series. Blues on paper looked great, but may as well start over as there is no pride, no guts, dare I say no will or desire.

A forfeit next year would be the kindest option.
Theyve got the football knowledge easily. Fittler has been sucessful coaching before and joey has got the most footy knowledge going.

I used to think that the Queensland boast of caring more and having greater pride in the jersey than NSW players was rubbish. Now I believe it.
That Qld side was missing Inglis, Thurston, Scott and Boyd - and yet they totally dominated NSW when it counted. Why? Because they play as a team and never give up.
On the whole NSW may have the majority of better individual players, but except for Game 1 they rarely combined effectively.
I wonder if it's because the NSW players think like the majority of us: We'd rather our club side won than NSW....

Why bother changing anything, we won't beat Queensland until a fair proportion of their current side has retired.

Some of them are approaching 35, they can't go forever!

NSW need a whole change of identity and culture. Stop picking players in positions they haven't performed in, stop picking players based on past performances from years ago. Pick the form players, not the grubs or the dirty players.

My plan I'd like to see NSW implement.

Johns/Fittler co-coaches

1 Trbojevic
2 Mansour
3 Walker
4 Jennings
5 Mitchell
6 Moylan
7 Cleary (gk)
8 Vaughan
9 Koroisau
10 Trbojevic (c)
11 Cordner (c)
12 Graham (vc)
13 Bird

14 Peachy
15 Jackson
16 James
17 Merrin
That team would get folded like my laundry. It's no good picking a completely different side for the sake of it. There are players that performed well in spite of NSW falling short again. You need only look at the side the Maroons had last night to see why the Blues lost. Throwing a team full of rookies into the fire against QLD is career destroying.

I do think there were some negative selections from Daley but overhauling the entire unit is a stretch.

I'm no Daley fan but let's be fair; regardless of who gets picked, Smith, Cronk, Slater, and Munster is a great spine and that's even after you leave out Thurston. You've got Morgan in the centres when Boyd is out injured, no G.I and a guy like Gagai steps up and wins man of the series...

It's so obvious that QLD have an embarrassment of riches that NSW simply cannot compete against on a consistent basis. Every now and then we play out of skin in desperation and that's how we managed to snare a narrow series win in 2014, but it doesn't matter who NSW pick, they do not have what QLD have in terms of cattle...it's SO obvious that it's borderline pointless discussing team changes.

Yes, Pearce stinks, but would Adam Reynolds or Luke Keary or whoever else you wish to discuss, change the result of last nights game? I highly doubt it.

It's not an embarrassment of riches at all. Queensland have a winning mentality and culture that transcends ability. Don't forget this NSW team was talked up as the best in 20 years and their forwards were expected to steamroll Queensland. On paper NSW had the strongest squad. Saw the NSW boys smug and laughing before kickoff. Same attitude problem since 1980.

I'd rather see

Geez dont bring him back.

He was the worst ever NSW coach and the stats prove it. He won 1 or 2 games in 3 years.

Myth.

Bellyache the one who made that wonderful decision to play Snake from the bench and start Kurt Gidley at fullback (2008).

It didn't work and neither did Bellyache as NSW coach.

Last edited:
Why bother changing anything, we won't beat Queensland until a fair proportion of their current side has retired.

Some of them are approaching 35, they can't go forever!

Next year Inglis and Boyd will be back. Slater will play all 3 games. Scott could still be hanging around

If they lose the first match Thurston will be back.

They will see the light and pick DCE.

QLD 3-0 next year I am afraid.

Next year Inglis and Boyd will be back. Slater will play all 3 games. Scott could still be hanging around

If they lose the first match Thurston will be back.

They will see the light and pick DCE.

QLD 3-0 next year I am afraid.

Probably 2-3 years before NSW has a chance.

Maybe year 3

Being a Origin coach isn't about being technical but more about being a man manager and motivator. Coaches simply don't have enough time to impose there technique and skill on the players, therefore they need to motivate and inspire.

Game 1 we ( nsw) came out and played like our lives depended on it. The forwards dominated and the backs capitalised on it. We win

Game 2, had a dominant first half,we went into the sheds and came back out andddddd........... nothing. What the fu$k happened in there?

Game 3, dead set looks like the players had never met. First 5 minutes you could see we weren't up for it. Did not look motivated. Should be playing like it's for there lives.... and there families.

For me it's on the coach and assistants. I actually don't think we are far off them. Difference is they play and bleed for each other, we don't. We need coaches who are going to inspire, lead and motivate. I think a few changes and the correct coach and we win next year.

Daley and all assistants to go and be replaced. A few changes in the squad..

Last edited:
Being a Origin coach isn't about being technical but more about being a man manager and motivator. Coaches simply don't have enough time to impose there technique and skill on the players, therefore they need to motivate and inspire.

Game 1 we ( nsw) came out and played like our lives depended on it. The forwards dominated and the backs capitalised on it. We win

Game 2, had a dominant first half,we went into the sheds and came back out andddddd........... nothing. What the fu$k happened in there?

Game 3, dead set looks like the players had never met. First 5 minutes you could see we weren't up for it. Did not look motivated. Should be playing like it's for there lives.... and there families.

For me it's on the coach and assistants. I actually don't think we are far off them. Difference is they play and bleed for each other, we don't. We need coaches who are going to inspire, lead and motivate. I think a few changes and the correct coach and we win next year.
Agree to some point,but some changes need to be made.The thing that baffles me the most is the same point as last year...when the series is on the line and it is 1-1,Qld comes out firing from the start and NSW looks like they are having a training run.Can't work out why NSW can't seem to get fired up for a do or die game.Don't think Daley is the answer,time to go for me.

Agree to some point,but some changes need to be made.The thing that baffles me the most is the same point as last year...when the series is on the line and it is 1-1,Qld comes out firing from the start and NSW looks like they are having a training run.Can't work out why NSW can't seem to get fired up for a do or die game.Don't think Daley is the answer,time to go for me.
I agree 100%. Daley is definitely not doing what he should be. Sorry Smokin should of put that at the end of my post that Daley should go.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10