HAS T-REX RE-SIGNED ? ? ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HAS T-REX RESIGNED

Correct me if I'm wrong Duff but has he not been given the opportunity to play in position in the last 2 and a bit years. But still not achieved what he has achieved in the last 8 rounds?

I am sorry I just feel he has more potential then he puts out.

RE: HAS T-REX RESIGNED

Looks like i was last in again ,, sorry i didnt knw there was jokes b4 me lol ;).. its re-sign ok next time dnt panic us all ..:angel:

Phoenix said:
Correct me if I'm wrong Duff but has he not been given the opportunity to play in position in the last 2 and a bit years. But still not achieved what he has achieved in the last 8 rounds?

I am sorry I just feel he has more potential then he puts out.

Incorrect. He was playing on the wing for the first 2 years because Brett was injured. Not once did he get an opportunity to play in the forwards, let alone off the bench.

In 09 he also won us the Queensland Cup in 5/8 position.

This year he has had a chance to play as a forward and all season he has been good. Yes, that was his first Man Of the Match. However, he has been finally given a chance this year to move into the forwards and do what we always knew he could do. Now it is paying off, and at the perfect time as well.

I say re-sign him. I have always liked the guy. Not only is he good on the field but he is class off the field as well. When a player asks how YOU are, that's class in my book lol

HAS T-REX RESIGNED

Wasn't he playing on the wing when we picked him up from parra? Anyway he is in good form just would hate to re-sign him and his form drop. When we could be investing in other players.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Zorba told us at the MWTS function in Brisbane a week ago that Rexie's ink was just about to be penned!!

That is pretty irresponsible of him to be getting tattoos during the finals series.

Phoenix said:
Wasn't he playing on the wing when we picked him up from parra? Anyway he is in good form just would hate to re-sign him and his form drop. When we could be investing in other players.

Exactly! Playing for a contract?

After moving to the forwards T-Rex has improved out of sight. Sure he still has deficiencies but if he can keep playing the way he did on Saturday (and in recent times) then he could be a superstar. Why would he want to just play like this now to up his contract?

The media's suggesting that he could be a bolter for the Australian squad and then there could definitely be a NSW jumper for him in the not to distant future.

Dessie's hard work in coaching and persevering with T-Rex has finally paid off.

Moops said:
Phoenix said:

Exactly! Playing for a contract?

spot on. I will pissed if we resign him and he goes back playing the way he did last season

I would be more pissed if he went elsewhere and tore us apart when we next played against him.

This isn't a bitchfest, its a footy forum.

Edit. Not directed at bones, just the people that cant understand why a winger would play like a winger not a prop.

Rodo said:
After moving to the forwards T-Rex has improved out of sight. Sure he still has deficiencies but if he can keep playing the way he did on Saturday (and in recent times) then he could be a superstar. Why would he want to just play like this now to up his contract?

The media's suggesting that he could be a bolter for the Australian squad and then there could definitely be a NSW jumper for him in the not to distant future.

Dessie's hard work in coaching and persevering with T-Rex has finally paid off.

Definitely, and T Rex will keep improving.

Not every young 20-21 year old player has the sort of meteoric rise that we've been lucky enough to witness recently in Kieran Foran, Will Hopoate and DCE

T Rex has always struck me as the sort of player who will take a longer slower path to reach full potential bit like some of the forwards like Glenn Stewart, Jason King etc

He plays well and some still aren't happy, tough crowd

He is still a young kid in footy terms. Up until 2 years ago, all he needed to do to be good at footy was turn up, as he would have been the biggest and strongest 99% of the time and didn't need to do a lot to dominate matches

That changes massively when you move into the top level against men when you have only ever played against boys, and size is no longer enough to get by because they aren't intimidated at all

I can't believe there are people on this forum that are still doubting whether trex is worth re-signing. Since moving into the forwards the guys been incredible. His just starting to realize his potential,and after waitning nearly 3 years for him to come good,there's no way we should lose him under any circumstances. Trex is a beast- let's lock him up long term!

Yep, those people who dare to question something should go and support Souths!!! Not true supporters

The silvertails.net team of manly discards (if people had their way over the last few years):

1. B Stewart, always injured
2. T Williams, too slow for a winger
3. S Matai, injured and penalties and suspensions
4. Oldfield, makes too many mistakes
5. D Williams, injured too often
6. Foran, no attack in his first year of first grade
7. DCE, after half a dozen games offered very little in attack
8. King, aka princess
9. Seu Seu, no impact
10. Kite, no go forward after 2008
11. Watmough, too many errors and penalties
12. Rodney, too oold and injury prone
13. G Stewart, too small for first grade

14. Rose, Too fat for first grade
15. Gulavo, too old
16. Mauro, too small, just a plodder
17. Robinson, jsut a plodder

Sure its easy with hind legs but all of the players abive had been canned at some stage, wish we had got rid of them all.

Fluffy said:
The silvertails.net team of manly discards (if people had their way over the last few years):

1. B Stewart, always injured
2. T Williams, too slow for a winger
3. S Matai, injured and penalties and suspensions
4. Oldfield, makes too many mistakes
5. D Williams, injured too often
6. Foran, no attack in his first year of first grade
7. DCE, after half a dozen games offered very little in attack
8. King, aka princess
9. Seu Seu, no impact
10. Kite, no go forward after 2008
11. Watmough, too many errors and penalties
12. Rodney, too oold and injury prone
13. G Stewart, too small for first grade

14. Rose, Too fat for first grade
15. Gulavo, too old
16. Mauro, too small, just a plodder
17. Robinson, jsut a plodder

Sure its easy with hind legs but all of the players abive had been canned at some stage, wish we had got rid of them all.

Here's what the NRL competition would look like without the Silvertails.net discarded teams:

That's it. C'mon Fluffy, not a single Manly player has never been criticised here and I don't think that such a bad thing. All it means is that we're passionate (and therefore terrorists) and want to see our team do well. If that means dropping a player in someone's view, then that's all it is.
I really don't understand why some people get so bent out of shape by a negative opinion of one of our players; sharing one's view is the whole point of this place, isn't it?

HAS T-REX RESIGNED

LOL moops, Its a discussion about the re-signing of t-rex not about questioning fans loyalty. Start a new thread about loyalty some where else.

Keep on topic.

Codewana, there is a difference between commenting on form and starting posts that a player should be sacked.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2