Has Des improved anyone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interested if you think that any player has improved under Des’s tenure?
Tommy Tissue......wouldn’t know as doesn’t play
Garrick..... no
Parker....no
Walker..,,no
Suli.......no
Foran.....no
DCE..... haha please!!!!
Jake ...... no
etc etc etc
Tapau , i think is playing up to his usual standard and Paseka has improved, Harper when given opportunity at least tried hard ....... but the rest are both defensively and offensively in reverse, under Des....IMO

Gee lets see how many premierships Trent Barrett Wins.... That will do me. He even took with him his favourite backrower Corey Waddell - Gun

Two years ago I would have said yes, he's improved Parker, Garrick (turned him into a first grader) and Jetski. Fast forward to today and the whole team has been sliding backwards at an alarming rate. We're stuck with him for this season and another at least, so here's hoping he can turn it around. Again.

Ask yourself this - did you prefer Baz.... Hasler will come good but not with the current cattle. Most wont get a starting spot in the NRL anywhere else. Rebuild needed - cleanout on the books.

Two years ago I would have said yes, he's improved Parker, Garrick (turned him into a first grader) and Jetski. Fast forward to today and the whole team has been sliding backwards at an alarming rate. We're stuck with him for this season and another at least, so here's hoping he can turn it around. Again.
Th ball boys have got faster at bringing the ball back after tries being scored against us.

It’s an appropriate thread and a good question, I can’t acknowledge any improvement individually or as a team and I’m pretty sure our results validate that position. I don’t know what’s going on at our club, but rewarding Des with a 2 year extension given our results is on the nose, I couldn‘t imagine any other club doing that, stability and direction is one thing, but we must be the only club in history to reward our coach under such circumstances, I would of thought it to be more a case of if things don’t improve, we can’t guarantee your future, especially in terms of today’s business model, am I missing something? because it seems ridiculous at best, if this was going on at any other club, I’m pretty sure you would all be finding the humour in it, but it’s not funny because it’s our club. Respectfully maybe Des needs to find some improvement with regard to certain aspects of his approach, ie his unwillingness to embrace change, team selection issues rewarding underperforming players with what appears to be automatic re-selection, enough, I just want some honesty and proactive leadership, I want our club heading in the right direction, time for the BS to stop.

The team are playing like strangers, not professionals who train several times weekly to work on combinations...this goes for both attack and defence.
I hope they know sign language, because I'm suprised if anyone in the team knows the other players names...considering they don't talk....even after regrouping in goal after yet another opposition try.
Always believed good, loud communication will lift a team's energy and makes players accountable...when quiet players tend to hide in holes....

The team are playing like strangers, not professionals who train several times weekly to work on combinations...this goes for both attack and defence.
I hope they know sign language, because I'm suprised if anyone in the team knows the other players names...considering they don't talk....even after regrouping in goal after yet another opposition try.
Always believed good, loud communication will lift a team's energy and makes players accountable...when quiet players tend to hide in holes....
The difference between our first grade team and a team like the storm (or even Blacktown) is stark...

I too have wondered about the extent to which the bonds between our players extend beyond the colours they wear and the name on their paychecks...

I am not saying they don't care about winning or the club - I am sure they do, I just wonder how much they care about each other...

The difference between our first grade team and a team like the storm (or even Blacktown) is stark...

I too have wondered about the extent to which the bonds between our players extend beyond the colours they wear and the name on their paychecks...

I am not saying they don't care about winning or the club - I am sure they do, I just wonder how much they care about each other...

I absolutely guarantee you they don’t go to a players house once a week to have a few drinks and a game of cards .

Our 2007-8 era team were very “ tight “.

I don’t see that in this team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4