Has City v Country proven much ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
OK, Minnichello is NSW fullback.

BUT

Orford must like his chances after now. BTW I'm writing this before fulltime.
Has Toupou lost his chance of a Blues jersey? There are lots of good forwards in NSW.
Hayne has played well, I still think Merritt should be there.
Anasta has played his best game for ages, should he get the nod over Gidley ?
Every time I write something, Gus agrees with me.
If Gidley isn't 5/8, both he and Farrah deserve to be on the bench, one of them will get rorted Merritt style.
Lance Thompson is going huge, he wont get a run though.

Kingy & Choc look solid, have they done enough ?

I'm more confused now than I was before the game.

Do we blame the selectors or the no Aus reps rule ?

King and Watmough played well.. i think Stewart needs a combination with halfbacks... Anthony Minichello is a fantastic player and showed his class by being pretty much straight back where he left off.

I think they should pick Stewart. Near the end of the game when country had nothing from Gidley (shocking pick) and Preston Stewart was getting the ball more and looked dangerous in attack.

Orford must like his chances.

Mini will be fullback

Brett White will go very close to Origin along with Lafrannci (spelling)

I agree that Orford is looking better, but that's only because Gower & Kimmorley (Before he got injured) did nothing.
Last week against the Cowboys, Orford played himself out of this game, let's not forget.
I still have a big "?" over Ox's ability to play in a new team. He looked lost for his first few months at Manly & has always looked lost when playing for City.

King has an injury Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .
Ribs ?

i was very impressed with Brett White, he may well take OMeleys place through injury. King got injured this game last year as well!

Minichiello
Hayne
Lyon
King
El Masri
Anasta
Orford
Kite
Buderus
Bailey
Mason
Hindmarsh
Ryan

Hoffman
Farah
White
Simpson

That's what I would go for right now but some spots are still wide open.

Orford has gained an advantage over the others by not playing.

Matt Cooper could get in if he plays well enough when he comes back,

i think the blues halfback will come from manly, neither of those two can get the nod after tonight.\

Stewy had the better of mini for most of the second but mini had it for the first half and that was tighter and closer to origin. I still wouldnt rule him out of a blues jersey, didnt do much wrong

I think that try saving one on one tackle Minichiello made on one of the Country forwards right on the line sealed it for him, I hate the guy but he is an awesome fullback.

Stwart had no power in his kick-returns, Mini looked to make meters.
Stewy has been better for us this year in that department but he still looks to be a year or two off at rep level.
No harm done, he knows what he has to do now. If something happens to Mini, he'll be next in line. I think if Mini cops an injury this year though, Hodgo might get picked. From next year on Stewy will be knocking at the door.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Eric Grothe
03. Matt Cooper
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Matt King
06. Braith Anasta
07. Matt Orford
08. Willie Mason
09. Danny Buderus
10. Brent Kite
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Reni Matua

14. Robbie Farrah
15. Luke Bailey
16. Jason Ryles
17. Ben Creagh

would be my team.

1. Anthony Minnichello
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Matt King
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Michael Monaghan
8. Brent Kite
9. Danny Buderus
10. Willie Mason
11. Steve Simpson
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Andrew Ryan

14. Robbie Farrah
15. Luke Bailey
16. Brett White
17. Jason Ryles

Orford, Watmough, Creagh & Anasta ready to pounce if there is an injury.

QLD:-

01. Karmichael Hunt
02. Billy Slater
03. Justin Hodges
04. Greg Inglis
05. Brent Tate
06. Darren Lockyer
07. Johnathan Thurston
08. Petero Civeneceva
09. Cameron Smith
10. Steve Price
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Carl Webb
13. Tony Carroll

14. Sean Berrigan
15. Dane Carlaw
16. Ben Ross
17. Nate Myles

01. Brett Stewart
02. Eric Grothe
03. Matt Cooper
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Matt King
06. Braith Anasta
07. Matt Orford
08. Willie Mason
09. Danny Buderus
10. Brent Kite
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Reni Matua

14. Robbie Farrah
15. Luke Bailey
16. Jason Ryles
17. Ben Creagh

would be my team.

Did you just watch that game??

Jason Ryles??????
Reni Matua????? Is it cuz he's a dog??
Ben Creagh????

Are you aware that it is highly likely that those who played for Australia will walk into the Blues team aka Steve Simpson.

Minichello will DEFINATELY be the fullback.

Matt Cooper looks to be injured.. you MAY get justified with that selection but it's doubtful... The halves are fine as it's really anyone's guess.

I feel terrible for Bell TBH, but he just hasn't been the same since his face ate Beaver last time round.

How do you get the QLD team almost spot on yet have an air swing at the blues team??

Swap Dallas Johnson for Carroll and you look to have hit the nail on the head there.

[quote author=Ryan]
01. Brett Stewart
02. Eric Grothe
03. Matt Cooper
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Matt King
06. Braith Anasta
07. Matt Orford
08. Willie Mason
09. Danny Buderus
10. Brent Kite
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Reni Matua

14. Robbie Farrah
15. Luke Bailey
16. Jason Ryles
17. Ben Creagh

would be my team.

Did you just watch that game??

Jason Ryles??????
Reni Matua????? Is it cuz he's a dog??
Ben Creagh????

Are you aware that it is highly likely that those who played for Australia will walk into the Blues team aka Steve Simpson.

Minichello will DEFINATELY be the fullback.

Matt Cooper looks to be injured.. you MAY get justified with that selection but it's doubtful... The halves are fine as it's really anyone's guess.

[/quote]

Mate - for many years players that haven't played City / Country, or the Anzac Test, have played SOO that year.

I understand about Minichello - but I actually think Stewart had a better, more involved game tonight than Minichello. Minichello made a few errors, and also got bundled back into the in goal. I might be a tad bias here though 8)

Reni Matua - no - not because he's a Dog. But because fully fit, he's in test selection ranks. Why not SOO? He's a pretty diverse player (5/8, Centre and Backrow) so could fill The Beaver type role in the team. I think he's a valid selection on this basis.

Jason Ryles while being in a poor team this year is a form prop. Plus he has experience. All the media are on his case about how good he's going, and how he's now a leader, and has taken the errors from his game. That's why I suggested him.

Ben Creagh was a tough one. Maybe Hoffman / Maybe Choc. I'm either way on this one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4