Has City v Country proven much ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gidley is ****e in the halves imo, last night proved it

I'd much prefer Farah

Gidley should have been the fullback with Stewart on the wing last night, would have enhanced both their chances of playing origin IMO, neither of them were much chance of getting a call up in the positions they played.

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]
Any team with Hayne in it is wrong for me

Origin jerseys must be earned, and Hayne has done nothing imo

If he doesn't play this year.. it's not far off
[/quote]

Personally, and just my veiw, i think it should be

The media created a whole lot of hype around him last year for his tryscoring rate, good on him for getting them, but the majority of them anyone could have scored. Has had some things shown up in reagrds to positioning and defence at times.

This season he has been solid at best. Guys like El Masri, Hicks etc have all been playing like that for many years without much reward, and it irks me to see a guy within a year taking spots like that.

As uch as i hate bederus, he is a dirty little ucker of a player he knows all he tricks and does play well but for mine I would so want Farrah in my team over him, he is a gun that kid (it's sad i can call professional players kids and mean it these days )

White impressed me as did Hoffman but Farrah was a standout for mine. I was also impressed with Kings start he went out hard nad was first t put his hand up to carry the ball forward nearly every time.

Watmough was also strong.

brett did not play anything like brett. He was very slow on his turnaround after picking up the ball.

It reminds me of when I come back from a knee injury I stop and turn very cautiously and slowly he was doing that last night which seemed odd. He seemed nervous too

Well i see Cooper played tonight and went well...

My revised team then is:

Anthony Minichello
Matt King
Jamie Lyon
Matt Cooper
Jarryd Hayne
Kurt Gidley
Craig Gower
Willie Mason
Danny Buderus
Brent Kite
Steve Simpson
Nathan Hindmarsh
Andrew Ryan

Robbie Farah
Luke Bailey
Ryan Hoffman
Brett White

Volley, show us what you'd go for genius.

The only weakness i see is in the halves.

In my opinion the forward pack ****s all over QLD's and the backs are not as good but still contain the likes of:

Anthony Minichello - Excellent player, Golden Boot winner just 2 years ago and is getting back into the swing of things after a long lay off with injury. Probably the best ball runner in the game.

Matt King - Current Australian winger.

Jamie Lyon - Current Australian centre.

Matt Cooper - Just outside Australian selection and was an aussie player just 1 year ago.

Jarryd Hayne - An emerging good young winger, was in the australian squad last tri nations.

Anasta over Gidley by a mile for me

Has been carving up all year at 6, Gidley has been doing that at fullback, and looked shaky in the halves. Entering Origin as a rookie out of your current playing position is far too risky imo

I wouldn' say Anasa has been carving it up. Iagree he's going better but only better than how he normally goes... still not good enough IMO

He has been 1 of the form 6s in the comp easily. If it was someone other than Anasta he would be getting massive wraps imo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4