Has any coach that has been ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
A question raised by @Ryan in another thread has had me thinking .... Has any coach that has been sacked by a club .. ever gone on to win a Premiership elsewhere ... given that there are some top knotch coaches with "sacked" in their resume I couldn't think of any reason why they wouldn't of ....

Whilst success is not just Premierships ... I can't from memory recall anyone in the past 30 or so years ...

Current coaches with the sacked next to their name are, Ricky Stuart, sacked from 3 clubs and working on the 4th, Macquire, Cleary, Brown, Hasler ... any others?

Graham Murray came close, runners up 2005.
Tim Sheens must have been close to getting the flick before he resigned from NQ in 2001. Then beat Murray's team in 2005!

Graham Murray came close, runners up 2005.
Tim Sheens must have been close to getting the flick before he resigned from NQ in 2001. Then beat Murray's team in 2005!

Yeah, in fact I give Murray probably more credit for the Easts win in 2002 than I do to Stuart .... he handed over a pretty good squad he had built ...

A question raised by @Ryan in another thread has had me thinking .... Has any coach that has been sacked by a club .. ever gone on to win a Premiership elsewhere ... given that there are some top knotch coaches with "sacked" in their resume I couldn't think of any reason why they wouldn't of ....

Whilst success is not just Premierships ... I can't from memory recall anyone in the past 30 or so years ...

Current coaches with the sacked next to their name are, Ricky Stuart, sacked from 3 clubs and working on the 4th, Macquire, Cleary, Brown, Hasler ... any others?
I can tell you one sacked coach who I don’t think will ever be winning one. Here’s a clue... his statistics as a coach are even worse than what Peter Sharp managed to accrue when he oversaw those great Northern Eagles sides, and he is absolutely farkin clueless when it comes to defence. He is also considered somewhat of a revolutionary by a small contingent of posters on here. Mainly because he threw his toys out of the cot after his demands for bathroom renovations were ignored. He failed in his only other full time coaching gig when he was in charge of the best talent from the largest junior nursery in existence. At which time he had access to the much lauded “centre of excellence”. Any guesses who i am alluding towards? He is a very nice loooking fellow.

I can tell you one sacked coach who I don’t think will ever be winning one. Here’s a clue... his statistics as a coach are even worse than what Peter Sharp managed to accrue when he oversaw the great Northern Eagles sides, and he is absolutely farkin clueless when it comes to defence. He is also considered somewhat of a revolutionary by a small contingent of posters on here. Mainly because he threw his toys out of the cot after his demands for bathroom renovations were ignored. He failed in his only other full time coaching gig when he was in charge of the best talent from the largest junior nursery in existence. At which time he had access to the much lauded “centre of excellence”. Any guesses who i am alluding towards? He is a very nice loooking fellow.

That’s a hard one. I have absolutely no idea who you’re talking about. He definitely sounds like a **** coach though.

I can tell you one sacked coach who I don’t think will ever be winning one. Here’s a clue... his statistics as a coach are even worse than what Peter Sharp managed to accrue when he oversaw the great Northern Eagles sides, and he is absolutely farkin clueless when it comes to defence. He is also considered somewhat of a revolutionary by a small contingent of posters on here. Mainly because he threw his toys out of the cot after his demands for bathroom renovations were ignored. He failed in his only other full time coaching gig when he was in charge of the best talent from the largest junior nursery in existence. At which time he had access to the much lauded “centre of excellence”.

Wonderful contribution .... however don't let the little issue that the bloke you are talking about wasn't sacked render your rant irrelevant .... carry on ..

... and for a bloke that accusies me of being obsessional ..... you have again brought up Barrett when he was never in the discussion ... you may have to look closer to home to find your problem ...

I can tell you one sacked coach who I don’t think will ever be winning one. Here’s a clue... his statistics as a coach are even worse than what Peter Sharp managed to accrue when he oversaw those great Northern Eagles sides, and he is absolutely farkin clueless when it comes to defence. He is also considered somewhat of a revolutionary by a small contingent of posters on here. Mainly because he threw his toys out of the cot after his demands for bathroom renovations were ignored. He failed in his only other full time coaching gig when he was in charge of the best talent from the largest junior nursery in existence. At which time he had access to the much lauded “centre of excellence”. Any guesses who i am alluding towards? He is a very nice loooking fellow.
FFS. Do we really need ANOTHER one of these threads.

That’s a hard one. I have absolutely no idea who you’re talking about. He definitely sounds like a **** coach though.
Wonderful contribution .... however don't let the little issue that the bloke you are talking about wasn't sacked render your rant irrelevant .... carry on ..

... and for a bloke that accusies me of being obsessional ..... you have again brought up Barrett when he was never in the discussion ... you may have to look closer to home to find your problem ...
Woodsie old mate... I have hardly contributed to any of the ongoing TBaz discussions during the past month. And in the last couple of days I have made three tongue in cheek comments regarding the subject... but let’s not allow the facts to get in the way of anything now, shall we. As you, more so than anyone else I can recall, are big on quoting the proper and responsible usage of them. If you took the time to trawl back through the last six weeks of “stuff” that has been posted on here. I’m sure the “facts” will confirm that your posts on Mr Barrett, out weigh mine by about 20/1. And can you please define what a “useful contribution” is during this Summer off season. After all, I’m just another numb nutted, punchie who’s been known to take a thread off topic every now and again. But seriously... it’s called humour people (and perhaps even a poor attempt at wit and sarcasm). There’s really no need to get so self righteous about things... if you keep that up, people on here will throw you in with the happy clapping, sky fairy believing hypocrites before too long.

Last edited:
Wasn't Bennett basically sacked by the Broncos in 09 and went on to win one with Saints in 10.
I think it was the (alleged? and failed) attempt/s to make a deal with the Roosters while still contracted at Brisbane that led to issues with the board and his ultimate (forced?) resignation.
Sounds familiar doesn't it :)

Was Ricky in Canberra, then won a title at The Chooks or something? Sorry if I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8