Hard Line Stance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought a "hard line" was the one you try and do in an alleyway on a very windy night. That requires a special stance.

C & C - that's the best post I've read in a long time and inspired me to hand out my first "winner" rating...once I stopped laughing of course.
Bravo!

Last edited:
As Gus was saying, they also sign a contract saying they wont do drugs.

He also said Proctor said 'He was so drunk he couldn't remember anything.'
Gus' reasoning in suspending those 3 'riff players the other week for breaking curfew was that the curfew was in place to avoid having players out drunk as at 5am and possibly doing career damaging things like lines of coke, and being to drunk to remember what they were doing.

Gus said it better than I did...but it was on the preamble of the city v country match.

Everything Gus says is calculated to make Gus look good - in this case to justify his decision to suspend players earlier. He's the master of re-writing history.

My only comment on the actual drug stuff is the people who really use the stuff regularly are usually better organised eg they consume prior in a private space and avoid scenarios likely to get you caught. Eg purchase & consumption via hook ups in dark alley ways or in and around pubs/clubs etc. Seems like we are only catching out the criminally stupid and intoxicated.

Consumption will go on unabated.....but you'd like to think they'll get a bit smarter about it...at the very least.

Everything Gus says is calculated to make Gus look good - in this case to justify his decision to suspend players earlier. He's the master of re-writing history.

My only comment on the actual drug stuff is the people who really use the stuff regularly are usually better organised eg they consume prior in a private space and avoid scenarios likely to get you caught. Eg purchase & consumption via hook ups in dark alley ways or in and around pubs/clubs etc. Seems like we are only catching out the criminally stupid and intoxicated.

Consumption will go on unabated.....but you'd like to think they'll get a bit smarter about it...at the very least.

Not the first and guaranteed not to be the last!

So over the "out of character" or "champion/nice blokes" comments doing the rounds.

You take drugs it is in your character simple as that.

I very much doubt it was their first time to give weight/substance to the "out of character" comments, it was during the bye weekend and straight after a test match, which shows me it is more "in character" than is made out by press reports.

Also i don't have an issue if former drug users or anyone breaking the law in some form(talking in general, not directing this in relation to players mentioned in this thread) making comments along the lines of "draw the line in the sand/tough policy", i don't see it as hypocritical more a case of "if we continue along the same path rules/punishment wise, history will continue to repeat itself".

Just heard a lady on fox suggest Greenberg has to decide whether to take a tuff stance against players using drugs therefore risking loosing them to overseas codes or focus on educating players. That is ridiculous! It's against the law to jump on people's heads, to assault your wife and yes to use prohibited drugs! Why do they require more education than any other member of the community? I don't beieve they do! But I believe on giving young people one chance and only one chance. Drug use is a chronic social problem just like domestic violence. It cannot be condoned or tolerated. If caught once then the player should be placed on a bond and subjected to random resting and a positive reading and or second offence means your contract is torn up!!! The NRL have a social duty to support the laws of the land whether or not they agree with them. The withdrawal of sponsors following these week's events highlights that sponsors will not tolerate such scandal and nor should they. The NRL need to be very careful not to seen to sweeping this under the carpet. They need to carefully consider this following appropriate consultation and be seen to be taking appropriate action quickly. This is a dangerous time for the game. The NRL need to realise they have a social responsibility to act appropriately.

Just heard a lady on fox suggest Greenberg has to decide whether to take a tuff stance against players using drugs therefore risking loosing them to overseas codes or focus on educating players.

I was thinking this morning about the whole 'losing players' b/s that various c.e.o's carry on with (as do the media.)

Then I remembered that I haven't given Ben Barba a second thought since he's been in France.

It's only because his rugby club Toulon has cut him loose that he was in the news.

So.... the game carries on and new stars emerge is my point (that and paragraphs are uber kewl.)

Snorts coke at a gay bar in Canberra - two weeks

Snorts coke after a premiership win - 12 match ban & contract torn up

Inconsistency at its finest.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10