Hard Edge - Where is Manly's web strategy???????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mata, my last post on the subject.

Put the 30 grade sandpaper back on the shelf and reach up for that nice 220 grade. It's a much better finish :lol2:

Edit: I didn't know Phillip had left. That is a big loss to them if he has. Just goes to show i don't spend enough time surfing the net while i'm at work :)

lol we got that from other ways. not surfing the net

Surely you're not suggesting bribery and corruption Dan?

Daniel ment he's been sleeping around.

good thing it wasnt I who got the info then :D

The Manly Sea Eagles official site is extremely militant in many ways. Whilst it is inappropriate for us to voice concerns about future prospects of the team, specific players, inadequacies of its management systems, we at the same time have been labelled by “media� as various forms of derogatory terms & comments. The club needs to realise, that without its fans, there is no need for a site at all. Without its fans, there is no need for a club at all. The term “common courtesy� comes to mind when I think about the moderators decisions regarding its deletions & bannings. It’s not hard to type “Candy, whilst your opinion is very much appreciated by the club, it would be preferred that in future you do not take that tact publicly on this forum. We appreciate your time – media.� Look, put this into perspective. If Max Delmege posted on the site, and suggested that Manly were TERRIBLE in the game against Souths, and he thinks the players should take a good, hard, long look at themselves (even WITH using some exploitives), do you think “media, SGT & co.� would ban him? It’s a holier than thou mentality, when it should be a teamwork system. They delete & ban, because they believe there is no accountability. The moderators should HAVE to have the courage of their convictions, and be able to justify why they alienate one of the clubs paying fans.

As for the actual physical site itself, there could be a LOT more interaction from management. Take a look at Brisbane’s site. The players have input into the site, and write short stories – not just apologies for the way they have handled something in public. Wayne Bennett has input into the site weekly. They have a fan of the month, decided by the club. We have deletions, bannings, and media telling us we aren’t true supporters.

I almost feel that when I am typing over there, I am walking on egg shells, and can’t say how I trully feel, in fear of being banned. That’s not an “OPEN FORUM�.

I repeat, MSE is an extremely militant site. It needs to be MUCH more user friendly. Matabele, I concur with all you have said + 1.

Well put Ryan.

And I hate to harp on it (well, not really) but it would be VERY simple to turn it around. VERY, VERY SIMPLE.

There are two problems I see with it being turned around quickly Mata for the club:-

1. Coutesy
2. Admission of a need to change.

Simple. Unfortunately.

I'm not holding my breath sadly.

The frustrating part is that it could start today if those two things were to happen.

Imagine waking up to a short paragraph on the mood in the camp, an injury update, thoughts from the CEO etc.

Imagine a forum for Members only where players and staff occasionally posted. I bet that might entice Dan and Flip to sign up.

As I said, don't hold your breath.

Ryan when you put it that way.....well argued.

I think it is in the to hard basket at the moment.

One thing I will give you all is, how the hell does somebody from the 'Gold Coast' remain?

Vegas is a foundation member. 2nd on the site after Daniel.

umm wrong site mata, or haha. I will cover both bases :)

I posted something similar today - more on the effects of the actions - basically they are losing member by the actions.

The point was:

I am a member and encouraged 2 others to join, thats $240 per year into the club. By deleting posters at the current rate your going to pee off 100 posters per year who influence 3 people each.

Thats $24K per year.

In the first year you lose 24K
in the second you lose that same 24K and an additional 24K from the next lot of disgruntled fans = 48K

In 5 years the club has lost 360K - or a bluechip purchase

They may not lose that much as they may have frightened everyone away within 3 years. The upside down J curve has to end somewhere.

Could you explain to me what this blokes doing mata.

Demolishing one of 300,000 homes destroyed in Zimbabwe in the past few weeks. 1 million homeless at Mugabe's orders.

The operation is quaintly titled "Sweeping away the rubbish".

There's a thread on it in the general forum.

Thats unbelievable. Is their some reason or is this bloke have a few screws loose?

They threaten his re-election chances if they live in the city.

So the logic is to force them back out to the country where they vote under the watchful muzzle of an AK47.

Do it all now before the observers arrive.

Its terrible mate. Also to think that countrys like our own can sit back, knowing full well what is happening and do nothing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4