Hard Edge - Where is Manly's web strategy???????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Yes, i still no what is good for the club and I will always support the Eagles. So I will still put those links up and try to help out. I just wont sign up until things improve or the price improves though

We have a passion for the club but we also get exceedingly pissed off when we see it bumbling and stumbling about when the solutions are incredibly easy and cheap to implement.

Is there any harm in pointing that out? I think not.

No Mata there is harm in that at all mate.Hopefully you guy's can try and keep them honest.I know that would be near impossible..But we might not agree with everything that happens or what certain player's can & cant do on the field.We will alway's support Manly with passion and belief.These guy's live out all our dream's,being able to run out onto Brookvale Oval wearing the Mighty Manly jersey and Sea Eagle on play football at the elite level.With the crowd cheering us on to a win.Go the Mighty Sea Eagles on sunday.

You know that pointing it out only causes you trouble though mata. Granted though, its by fools with no business knowledge.

Mata likes to think of himself as Mark Lathem, trying to keep John Howard honest. In fact I can't wait to read his book when he retires. All about how AE is a useless piece of **** that should never have been around and will never have the power or supporter base we claim.

You know that pointing it out only causes you trouble though mata. Granted though, its by fools with no business knowledge.
I've gone beyond caring about the "trouble". So sue me - I don't care.

You know this all resonates and the continual inaction is frustrating to the max!

Excellent points CW and Flip, I look here 20 times a day before I go over to MSE because it has more news and alot more information. In saying that, this site has 500 members to post articles and surf the net all day. Each site has it's own advantages. I too am not going to stop supporting them because of MSE or their spelling mistakes.

On the membership front, I don't get to goto many games but I here they do not promote it much at the ground, more should be done there. I joined after the Penrith win as I was pissed and excited at the win and I thought stuff it "I can't get to the games and I get to watch it on fox for free (well sort of free) so I should contribute something for the enjoyment. I was able to afford it at the time and understand others can't.

Finally Mata, GIVE UP. Most of your articles are excellent and a great read, but you are getting nowhere and just giving this site a bad rep. I do get the feeling that that is what you are after though, the more sh1t you sling the more hits this site gets. Dead set there has not been 3 days, let alone a week that you havn't had something derogatory to say about anyone involved with MSE. Alot of the forum wars (not all) have all had a link to you.

If these comments are not felt by all then so be it. Just what I see from a non conga liner of any site.

Regards.

good post maddog.

However 98% of the news articles are posted by only 2 members
CW and The Wheel

The rest of us (byso, fLiP, Matebele, myself etc) throw up articles when we can

*scurries to corner a licks wounds*

Who told maddog my modus operandi???????????

And a great job they do however not much has to be vetted (sp). MSE is not going to put up "Jeez Manly Sucked On The Weekend" on their front page.
They did suck on the weekend but i don't expect them to put that up there.

If you want an example of a solid NRL website.

www.sydneyroosters.com.au

I went there yesterday looking for info on George Rose and ****, chalk and cheese between it and MSE.

lol you are undoubtedly referring to the Matabele News posts :D

The rest of us get them from around the web and put them up.

I might even write a round a preview agin this week

CC_Eagle. I thought the same. the site is very well designed. the start page is annoying but the rest is a very class act

You will find most other NRL teams have similar standard web-sites.

And then there's MSE.............

Hello, it's 1995 calling.

Totally agree, it's a good site. This will probably come across wrong but what do you need in a website?

Let me say it a different way. How many people here started supporting Manly because of MSE website? Or when people are choosing a team will they go "owh sh1t look at that website, i'm going to support the roosters"?

It's not about gaining customers, it's about KEEPING them and giving them plenty of opportunity to part with their hard earned.

Agreed a web-site doesn't GET supporters but it sure as hell should get them over the line from "interested" to "committed".

That's when the dollars start to roll in and the profile of the club increases, making it far more attractive to sponsorships.

What do you think our current sponsors think of their treatment on MSE. Would you cough up $500,000k per year if MSE was indicative of the profile you'd get?

Its also about making it into a marketing tool

Agreed, but they have said they will look at it bye the end of the year, how bout we just leave it at that. If nothing is done then Mata you can borrow my axe to break down the door at head office.

Phillip Dean rang me at 9pm on a Thursday night just to let me know my supporters kit had been sent that day. Kept me happy.

Look at the bright side, if MSE was so good there would be no need for this great site! :lol2:

true maddog true... we all agree Phillip did a lot of good in the way of customer relations. something the club was missing before

Sadly Philip has been squeezed out by the old guard - and he was the man who was talking about upgrades. Probably the only thing they had going for them too.

So sadly, I fear, that with the old guard in charge of thus things, the upgrade is a distant memory. MEantime we go on as the laughing stock.

So the eyes will remain red.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4