Happy now everyone??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
Back on deck (just)

Manly support last night was......one word......f**king AMAZING (sorry that's two).

With my group and others there would have been around 300 in Bay 301...in one area....then in the dedicated supporters bay (725) I'd say maybe 1000-1200 BUT spread across the ground I'd say for every two Bronco's there was one Manly fan, I would really love to be able to harness the numbers that just buy tickets and sit anywhere but not much I can do about that.

However (as is usual) we drowned them out (noise wise) BIG TIME.

My pre game function at the Caxton Hotel was a great success, lots of drinks and bit of "warming up of the tonsils" and then down the road to Suncorp....really these days we "own" Suncorp....such a treat to see Manly Jerseys everywhere.

The noise from our bay was immense, more like a home game and the poor Bronco's supporters who were in our bay or near our bay didn't know what had hit them, we started about 10 minutes before the players even arrived and never stopped until the players went off at the end!!

Sadly Jono's drum was confiscated, a whinging Bronco supporter saw to that.

A great game and the players just loved us being so close to them.

The post match function was well attended (350)...the whole team was there and from the past Rowdy Shearer, Ben Kennedy, Fatty Vautin, Danny Moore.

Overall a fantastic night.

AND no voice today!!

Thanks for a great report Mark and great to hear about so much Manly support! Hope it was a huge success for you esp after the crook scheduling of the Titans game recently.

They only had one shot of Mark's MWTS area and it looked fantastic. Loved the Giddy Up Stewy sign. I could clearly hear the chanting all night so well done everybody. And to answer your thread question - Yes I Am!

How good were those seats! I had a Brisbane fan and his "boyfriend" sitting next to me who were compelled to leave early; probably to have warm shower together.

It makes an enormous difference at that ground when you are in a good seat.

Yes I agree Bones. That was the best trip I have been on so far, and those GC trips are pretty amazing. Thank you Mark for all the work you do with these trips. A lot of work goes into it and we all appreciate it.

As for my synopsis of the night:

The Drum situation:

Here's the thing: the club have been going into bat for me since the day that it was announced we would be playing our home game at Suncorp. Alicia herself had worked tirelessly to get it through the gate and we followed all restrictions put in place by the Suncorp staff to have the drum at the ground. This included soft ended mallets (which I always have), the drum must be in the GA supporters area, which it was, and the drum must be able to fit under the seats, which it can.

On the night everything was fine, security were great and they had everything prepared. We used the drum a couple of times before the game, bantered a bit with a couple of Broncos supporters who were having a laugh and had a good time...then it all turned....

Some old, toffee-nosed Blonde haired Broncos bitch came into the bay and sat in her seat, I used the drum once since then and she said "I've had enough of this!!" and complained to security.

As the rules are at all grounds, if there is a complaint and security believe it to be warranted, I would have to cease playing the drum. After about a mnute after the complaint was made, the head of security was beside our bay radioing in the complaint and getting comfirmation with his superiors. We were about 2 mnutes into the game at this point.

After I completed using it for the first time in the game (third time in the night) he came over and advised that I would have to cease playing and hand over to security until the end of the game. I agreed with this immediately but asked if it could be left under the seat. They said no, so I had to walk out with the guy to hand the drum back where I collected it. Their reasoning was that they thought I was going to be with the supporters in bay 725, even though the club had told them where I was sitting and that there was nothing that said I had to be sitting in bay 725. In addition, the security didn't even give that to me as an option at the time.

What I loved about all of this is, we knew who complained and she didn't know what was about to happen. From that point on, the noise went up tenfold in our bay and she didn't know what hit her. It stayed like this for the rest of the game and she couldn't do ****. FAIL!!! I was dropping the drum off with security so I didn't get to see it, but there were a few words hurled in the bitch's direction as well. I couldn't have been anymore prouder of the support group last night. They stood by me 100%, even though we knew this would happen (especially after '09 when security tried to kick Bob out for making too much noise).

I thought the best part for me, other than the fantastic win by the players, was when I dropped the drum back with the lady at security who gave me the drum. She was gobsmacked that it had been stopped, as she said: "it's a Manly home game". I explained the situation and that I understood then said "next time we'll get our own bay and make sure no toffee-nosed Broncos supporters are sitting in our area to complain. If they are, they deal with it or they get out!!"

I will say this though, the security and the Police in our area were great. It is not their fault this occurred. I will be seriously contemplating any future trips with the drum to Brisbane. However, next time we will get a real deal from Suncorp, not that bull**** that allows a Broncos supporter the right to complain and get an item in OUR SUPPORTERS AREA in OUR HOME GAME confiscated.

Anyways, the drum is on its way back to Sydney now and will be back for the Cowboys game (can't use it at Bulldogs games at ANZ (for obvious reasons)). Great trip, proud of the boys, and most importantly I am damn proud of the MWTS. We have really built up a fantatsic and loyal group of supporters and friends. Damn we were loud last night!!

One last point: All that woman had to do is talk to us and not go to security. There was a guy sitting right in front of me (Dogs supporter) and he didn't care one bit. We are a nice group of people and would have made sure it wasn't played much. However, she had to be a little spoiled brat about it, and she paid the price. Hope her ears are ringing today.

She and the other blonde were morons.

Loved it when she asked me if I had paid for 2 seats and a few other fat jokes and I very politely turned around and pointed to jakes gf kel and said sorry I used to be as slim as her before I met your mother but every time I sleep with her she gives me donuts and I'm filthy at her cos I want the low carb ones. She then started again when we sang my garden shed sayin my arse is as big as the garden shed so again replied the garden shed is where I shag your mum. From then on we just refered to her as Rebecca Wilson stupid mole.

Cambo said:

Loved it when she asked me if I had paid for 2 seats and a few other fat jokes and I very politely turned around and pointed to jakes gf kel and said sorry I used to be as slim as her before I met your mother but every time I sleep with her she gives me donuts and I'm filthy at her cos I want the low carb ones. She then started again when we sang my garden shed sayin my arse is as big as the garden shed so again replied the garden shed is where I shag your mum. From then on we just refered to her as Rebecca Wilson stupid mole.

I will advise everyone that "Rebecca Wilson" was not the one that complained about the drum...but we thanked her Uncle Rupert and her boyfriend John Hartigan for the $250,000.

Hangover from hell.
Manly supporters bay 725 or whatever it was wasn't even in the Stadium it was on the roof. Poor deal done by the club to get us those seats. Wish I'd booked seats with mark.
Great game - enjoyed it hugely!
:)

Just watched the game after getting home. After T-Rex scorded our 2nd the camera panned onto us and you can clearly see everyone giving it to the bitch.

Mal was sitting right behind her and i thought he was going to stomp her into the ground

Cambo said:

I think you got pwned Cambo

Jerry1 said:
Hangover from hell.
Manly supporters bay 725 or whatever it was wasn't even in the Stadium it was on the roof. Poor deal done by the club to get us those seats. Wish I'd booked seats with mark.
Great game - enjoyed it hugely!
:)

I won't say "I told you so" but I told you so!!

Best seat were the cheapest ones and then just stand in front of the quick beers bar on the concourse getting pissed on rip off burbons. The bro security moves you on every 10 minutes but you only move a few meters and they give up. Met Rowdy but he probably thought who was that jibbering blind fool. What a fantastic night high fiving Manly jerseys everywhere and the Caxton was going off. OMG how many Manly supporters were there it truely was a home game for us and we showed it in our performance on and off the field.

We got back home this morning

As usual a top trip to Bris and great to the see so many there.

Pre-match function was brilliant and a great way to rev up for the game.

Thanks for everything Mark!

Funny how few Bronco's supporters go the Caxton after the game - all the footage I see of Origin shows it is packed when they win...?

vidmar said:
Funny how few Bronco's supporters go the Caxton after the game - all the footage I see of Origin shows it is packed when they win...?

LOVE the Caxton. What a great hotel. Been to Suncorp 4 times now and Manly have won all 4 of those games. Bring on Round 26.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6