Happy Festive Season Silvertails !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Let's all pause for a moment and reflect upon those whose selfless labour makes this all possible. The poor elves. Slumped exhausted at the hard wooden work benches to which they're shackled, in that harsh, freezing northern prison we call Santa's workshop. Even in their comatose state, you know, deep down they are trembling in fear whenever they hear a reindeer whinny or a bell tinkle.

Merry Christmas everyone

93863031-78DA-45C9-A226-51FDFFD9489A.jpeg

Merry Xmas everybody , hope you have a great day.

Pretty low key in the MFB household , no family here as they live in NSW/ VIC and it’s just all too hard with PCR tests and borders , so maybe next year.

PS: an afternoon sleep is highly recommended.

Wishing everyone an excess of happy and safe this Xmas time (as opposed to an excess of food and booze - I tried that yesterday and realise it may have been a slight miscalculation!)

There is one advantage of not having all the family here on Xmas day.

Normal breakfast

Ham salad for lunch

Trifle ( it’s not Xmas day without trifle )

And just two beers.

Minus the trifle a normal day.

There is one advantage of not having all the family here on Xmas day.

Normal breakfast

Ham salad for lunch

Trifle ( it’s not Xmas day without trifle )

And just two beers.

Minus the trifle a normal day.
Brother in law and his three kids were supposed to make it up here yesterday. But the kids got there Covid test done at a different place to him, same day though. He gets his results thru on their way up from Sydney. But the kids results haven’t come thru yet. He’s a smooth talker, but there was no way the border cops were letting them in without the kids results. So now he’s holed up in a dodgy-flea ridden motel (his words, I left the swear words out!) along the Tweed River. The kids just think it’s an adventure, not the words the brother in law used. It didn’t help matters when I asked him why they didn’t go to the same joint for the test. More swearing and frustration . Christ knows what he’s gunna be like when he eventually gets to our joint!

Brother in law and his three kids were supposed to make it up here yesterday. But the kids got there Covid test done at a different place to him, same day though. He gets his results thru on their way up from Sydney. But the kids results haven’t come thru yet. He’s a smooth talker, but there was no way the border cops were letting them in without the kids results. So now he’s holed up in a dodgy-flea ridden motel (his words, I left the swear words out!) along the Tweed River. The kids just think it’s an adventure, not the words the brother in law used. It didn’t help matters when I asked him why they didn’t go to the same joint for the test. More swearing and frustration . Christ knows what he’s gunna be like when he eventually gets to our joint!
My niece from Sydney and her partner had Covid tests in Sydney 20th December with a planned crossing on the 23rd December. Her daughter and grandchildren came over on the 22nd and they have an apartment at Burleigh booked to the 29th of December.

So she gets to the Tweed , no results and 76 hours after testing they come through.

Gets to the border , with the appropriate passes and PCR tests ( delayed ) to be told they are 4 hours late so you have to have them again!!!

Go to the test site at Tweed , AM of the 24th , has the test BUT here we are 74 hours later and no results yet.

She’s very very angry and is now returning to Sydney vowing never to set foot in QLD again.

This wouldn’t be the only such story , it’s an unmitigated disaster.

I can't help but laugh at it all. No one's got any idea. But at least the border is open, that'll shut them up now we all can get it.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8