happy birthday mata

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Biscuits

Reserve Grader
In todays rlw it has been revealed that monas has requested, and been granted, a release from his contrct for 2008. This is not a stoy from the mole. It has direct quotes from Monaghan, his manager and the club. Monas states he is a better half than hooker and 3 nrl clubs have sounded him out. The club has reluctantly agreed to let him go and not stand in his way of him plaing half back at another club.
In another snippet {may have been from the mole, cant remember} Burns has been approached by the Titans and the idea of returning to queensland is appealing.

The club has reluctantly agreed to let him go and not stand in his way of him plaing half back at another club.

Are they REALLY reluctant?? after all it was only Max and the supporters (I was one of them) that wanted him to stay. Good luck to him.

So if he has been released from his 2008 contract am I right in saying we still have to pay some of, if not all of his $240k contract for the year?

Premiership frontrunners Manly have made the shock decision to release Michael Monaghan from the final year of his contract to allow the star utility to fulfill his dream of playing halfback.

Monaghan has been given a three week "window" to find a club for 2008, with several teams already showing interest.

"I would love to stay at Manly but the reality is they have a good halfback and good hooker in Mat Ballin, both on longer contracts than I am" Monaghan said.

"I believe I'm a better half than hooker and that is where my future lies."

"There are a few clubs looking for a half for next season. But if I can't come to terms with one of then I'll stay at Manly and be happy to do so."

Monas is the one that has aked for the release so as far as his 240 k is concerned all bets will be off i beleive. The club would only be liable for a top up if they were pushing him out the door. The club is happy to honor his contract should he not be able to come to terms with another club.

They should tell him, if he wants out then we won't ****en take you back.

Little bitch is still moaning about getting his own way.

1 of us must be illiterate, and i dont think it is me. Can you point out where he bitches and moans in any of this ? He praises our players, and says they are better than him, but you continue to :bdh:

cant blame him... i dont rate him much at hooker. I think hes a better 5/8 or half... and we will regret letting him go once he gets the role at the dogs or whoevers after him.

I just wish he played at 5/8 for these few games before he asked to leave.. he may have nailed down the 5/8 role while Burns is out.

I must say Manly is stupid to let both him AND burns go... moving Lyon to 5/8 and Matai in the centres is not a good option.. especially letting go two guys that have been outstanding in our defensive displays this year.. and Matai leaving holes out wide for other teams to exploit.

Ah well.. Congratulations Mata.. you got your wish.

cant blame him... i dont rate him much at hooker. I think hes a better 5/8 or half... and we will regret letting him go once he gets the role at the dogs or whoevers after him.

I just wish he played at 5/8 for these few games before he asked to leave.. he may have nailed down the 5/8 role while Burns is out.

I must say Manly is stupid to let both him AND burns go... moving Lyon to 5/8 and Matai in the centres is not a good option.. especially letting go two guys that have been outstanding in our defensive displays this year.. and Matai leaving holes out wide for other teams to exploit.

Ah well.. Congratulations Mata.. you got your wish.

I agree that Monnas is a better half then hooker. We will not let Burns go without a fight and have offfered him $180k a season to stay. If Monnas goes then this may increase to $200k pa.

The reaility is the cluib is grooming Groom to take over as half at the end of ox's contract. Groom will be the PL half full time next year and will step into firsts if Ox is injured.

The bulldogs won't take Monnas as they have sherwin and the kiwi half.

Broncos maybe? Wests tiggers? Dragqueens?

If he doesn't go in 2008 he won't be here in 2009. Will any other etam pay $240k? remember he wanted $300k a year to move clubs last year. Can't see too many clubs queuing up for him at that price.

It's amazing what a few good games and a well placed chip kick can do for your reputation, we have a better halfback and a better hooker within the club already and Monaghan has realised it :clap: I won't count my chickens before they hatch though, we all know how well contract negotiations can go with him and his manager.

If he finds a club I am sure they will up their efforts in re-signing Burns and getting O'Donnell, which is all positive for Manly IMO.

[quote author=fLIP]

1 of us must be illiterate, and i dont think it is me. Can you point out where he bitches and moans in any of this ? He praises our players, and says they are better than him, but you continue to :bdh:

[/quote]

I see your point KE.

"I believe I'm a better half than hooker and that is where my future lies". He is still moaning about playing hooker.

What I mean is, he is a little bitch.

He should not be given an option to stay with the club if he cannot find a new club to fall in love with.

For the record he is not moaning about staying with the club, but there is still unrest from his contract to his change of position.

no need to turn on mona's our the club imo

This is a win-win for all parties

If he signs elsewhere, keep him in PL and start Ballin.
Apart from his chip kick against the Bulldogs i wouldn't say he has been outstanding. I think his form has been a bit overrated.

I agree that Monnas is a better half then hooker. We will not let Burns go without a fight and have offfered him $180k a season to stay. If Monnas goes then this may increase to $200k pa.

The reaility is the cluib is grooming Groom to take over as half at the end of ox's contract. Groom will be the PL half full time next year and will step into firsts if Ox is injured.

The bulldogs won't take Monnas as they have sherwin and the kiwi half.

Broncos maybe? Wests tiggers? Dragqueens?

If he doesn't go in 2008 he won't be here in 2009. Will any other etam pay $240k? remember he wanted $300k a year to move clubs last year. Can't see too many clubs queuing up for him at that price.

First of all good luck to him. He's been great for the last few years as far as I'm concerned.
He has picked a great time to look for another club, there's quite a few teams that are desperate for a decent half. Tigers, Broncos, Dragons. I think he'll get what he asks for, especially at the Tigers. Great 5/8 who isn't an organiser, useless half.
But it's good for the club as well, Ballin is a great hooker.

Good luck to him.

Dont see it really as whinging. I see lots of players come out and say I prefer playing 2nd row to prop but ill play were the coach tells me to play etc.

I seem to recall Burns saying he sees himself as a half (ie 5/8) not a hooker or bench utility but ill play where Des wants me. I didnt see anyone calling him a whinger.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2