Happy 40-Nil Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watching that win live was like a dream. It seems that every now and then dreams do come true.

Like a few others we used the supporters bus and had a ticket to get into the club. Due to the chaos we went home and came back an hour later and managed to get let in the side door near the pokie area.

It was a great night and some time in the early hours the team came onto the stairway and the place went ballistic. A friend of ours had the Wolfe mask and wore it at the game and then gave it to the wolf man who wore it around at the club that night.

One very noticeable thing that special day was probably the best Manly career game efforts from guys like Glen Hall , Kitey , Robbo , Wolfman , and even the Ox and Perry . Almost impeccable timing also for a side to peak at almost maximum level . Same with the meticulous preparation as well . Regrettably could not make it to the ground but must have watched about six replays [ after watching it live on T V ] over the next 36 hours or so after that truly unforgettable premiership win .

I always remember this too.
Sorry Issie, you were just a young boy and the crowd would have been full of drunk fornicators,
but you got smashed!:giggle:
Israel+Folau+2008+NRL+Grand+Final+Sea+Eagles+ee_vwK3Zcqul.jpg

I was a young pup on my second ever end of season football trip. We watched the game at what I think was the Gold Coast RSL and I put $50 on Menzies to score the last try. I had drank for the best part of two and a half days by the time kick off came around. I can remember Beav getting substituted with not long to go maybe 10-15 minutes. With the blow out score and my intoxication levels I came to the conclusion Menzies wouldn’t get back on. In disgust I ate my tab ticket. Low and behold the Beaver gets back on and scores with not much time left. It’s the only time I haven’t cheered him scoring because I was trying to recoup my ticket. Needless to say I can not remember anymore of that night after a few celebratory Black Sambuca shots.
LOL - I had the same bet. Was jumping around like a madman when Beaver scored - thinking life doesn't get any better, we're winning a GF 30 something zip and I've just won $500. Then Belly scores not long after and I'm still celebrating - mates says you've just lost your bet and I'm like who gives a f...k we're pumping the Storm and we've just broken the record for the biggest winning margin ever in a GF.

With the blow out score and my intoxication levels I came to the conclusion Menzies wouldn’t get back on. In disgust I ate my tab ticket. Low and behold the Beaver gets back on and scores with not much time left. It’s the only time I haven’t cheered him scoring because I was trying to recoup my ticket. Needless to say I can not remember anymore of that night after a few celebratory Black Sambuca shots.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sounds like a fine dining experience. Would you recommend a red, white, or a carton of vb with that?

Pretty sure it was what we called a double beer, any draught of your choice with a shot of vodka and then a few Black Sambucas.

Winning 40-0 goes well with any dining experience.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6