Happily, Manly sign Turbo brothers!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
bondiboys.jpg

Along with Papalii, Munster, Ponga and Wighton:

Roosters Bolster Squad With Trbojevic Brothers, Munster, Papalli, Wighton And Ponga Signings

Last edited:
Uncle Nick has probably thought of this already but don’t give him any ideas, just in case he hasn’t.

I’m absolutely sure he has, he’s laughing in our face now so it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Mind you, if they did go out and buy 4 or 5 more superstars can you imagine social media in general??

Cant blame these guys for wanting to be coached by the next jack gibson. Suuupeeer coooach Robinson!!!!!!. Suprised the rest of the aussie test team hasnt signed up already for free.

Rorters fans are so delusional , I’ve been arguing with a few on social media who are full of “ all our superstars are on way less than you think they just want to win Premierships”....that’s a huge LOL isn’t it!!

Last edited:
There was an article last week where a journo was saying that the Roosters roster was valued about 1.8 mil over the cap but then tried to explain it away by saying that some players would play for less to be at a club with a chance of winning the comp and also it improved their chances of making rep sides and picking up extra payments.
He concluded the article by saying that there were up to 8 players who might have taken $100 000 less each. So this accounts for $800 000. Didn't explain about the other $1 million.

I have worked it out. Spoke with a Roosters player today who lives North of Hornsby and was told when he has to stay in Sydney it's no problem. They ring the front office and get given one of the 200+ credit cards that Uncle Nick has and they give him a pin so they can book rooms, pay for food, grog and "other" entertainment on the cards. So that's got to be around $200K+ a year the way the players spend money. Heard one block was going on a date so he the used the card on a Lamborghini so he could impress the date! No TPP issues just a big tax deduction.

Only kidding.... maybe… yeah only kidding!

I have worked it out. Spoke with a Roosters player today who lives North of Hornsby and was told when he has to stay in Sydney it's no problem. They ring the front office and get given one of the 200+ credit cards that Uncle Nick has and they give him a pin so they can book rooms, pay for food, grog and "other" entertainment on the cards. So that's got to be around $200K+ a year the way the players spend money. Heard one block was going on a date so he the used the card on a Lamborghini so he could impress the date! No TPP issues just a big tax deduction.

Only kidding.... maybe… yeah only kidding!

There’s so very many ways to skin a cat.

Uncle Nick just improved his net worth 320 million in a few weeks ( due to his shares in AP Eagers) so what’s 4 or 5 million to him for the enjoyment of winning B2B2B2B2B .

Those players would be getting so many deals on the side that would be in addition to any registered TPA.

It’s a relative bonanza playing for the Roosters ( in my humble opinion).

And
There was an article last week where a journo was saying that the Roosters roster was valued about 1.8 mil over the cap but then tried to explain it away by saying that some players would play for less to be at a club with a chance of winning the comp and also it improved their chances of making rep sides and picking up extra payments.
He concluded the article by saying that there were up to 8 players who might have taken $100 000 less each. So this accounts for $800 000. Didn't explain about the other $1 million.
And I wonder how it is possible for the Rosters to sign these players for so little money. Doesn't the NRL stop clubs trying to register contracts that are lower than what the player is worth? Manly were not allowed to register Gift's contact when he wanted to re-sign for a low figure.

And how is it that most clubs except the Storm and Roosters need to shed a number of higher paid players when they win the comp? The salary cap is working great, not!

The thing that pisses me off is that when we were successful the NRL clamped down on undervalued contracts, and we lost Glenn Stewart, and with him all hope of a happy and unified squad. Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart stopped playing with passion, and we lost any real chance of competing with the top sides after 2013.

Meanwhile the Roosters sign two of the best players in the game, win a premiership, sign two state of origin players, win another premiership... the response from the NRL?
Crickets.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4