Happily, Manly sign Turbo brothers!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bosses of sporting bodies are now usually not ex players. Reason? Sport is a vehicle of the Globalists to push their political goals. CEOs of sporting bodies are SOCIAL ENGINEERS, with the interest of the code coming a distant second. Cant you see it? Social issues such as LGBTQP, etc, etc being rammed down our throats instead of real issues to improve the game being promoted.

The bunker is nothing but a tool to influence results. What is needed is a 'Captains challenge' to dispute bull**** calls, based on the cricket model.

Fans need to demand an end to the 'private school old boys, CEO merry-go-round' of Social engineers and demand ex players run our code. Rugby League was never so well run as when Arthurson and Quale were in power.

Yep .... we need more ex-players like the ones running the match review committee and the judiciary ...... it's those same bastards that faked the moon llandings if you ask me !! ....

The Captain's Challenge in cricket just further complicates a simple rule instigated when the sport was created: the umpire's decision is final.
Now, at Test level, the umps are gibbering messes because every decision is scrutinised.
Tim Payne's Captain Challenges were so inept - 13 wrong from 13 challenges - that it became a further distraction from each match.
Can you imagine what would happen in RL?
We'd have sideline coaches putting fingers in the air; trainers running instructions, player committee meetings, time clocks, arguments . . .
We've already got to that stage in trying to decide whether to take a shot at penalty goal.
Why add another layer of complexity to what has already become a dog's breakfast of officiating?
Return to one ref, no video refs and on-the-spot decisions. See how better the match will flow.
If TV wants to show replays they will have to risk missing the live action.
Refs, like players, have been making mistakes forever. It's just that nowadays they are the main things being focused on - not the quality of the play.

The Captain's Challenge in cricket just further complicates a simple rule instigated when the sport was created: the umpire's decision is final.
Now, at Test level, the umps are gibbering messes because every decision is scrutinised.
Tim Payne's Captain Challenges were so inept - 13 wrong from 13 challenges - that it became a further distraction from each match.
Can you imagine what would happen in RL?
We'd have sideline coaches putting fingers in the air; trainers running instructions, player committee meetings, time clocks, arguments . . .
We've already got to that stage in trying to decide whether to take a shot at penalty goal.
Why add another layer of complexity to what has already become a dog's breakfast of officiating?
Return to one ref, no video refs and on-the-spot decisions. See how better the match will flow.
If TV wants to show replays they will have to risk missing the live action.
Refs, like players, have been making mistakes forever. It's just that nowadays they are the main things being focused on - not the quality of the play.

hmmm you must be an old bastard like me ...

Any update on the Turbo's re- signing with us. I am getting a bit worried now. Hope they are not looking for a pen.

Any update on the Turbo's re- signing with us. I am getting a bit worried now. Hope they are not looking for a pen.
Can't see either leaving the club if Manly pay them what they're worth, another club may offer more, but I doubt that it would be enough to entice them to leave seeing that the team appears to be on the ascendancy

Can't see either leaving the club if Manly pay them what they're worth, another club may offer more, but I doubt that it would be enough to entice them to leave seeing that the team appears to be on the ascendancy

I’m just hoping we haven’t heard because all the staff are on holidays!!

relax people, this will be a trumpeted announcement to coincide with a membership drive to come, id say deal has been done behind closed doors.

giphy.gif

Agree.
My spin on it would be something like they want to stay and they've agreed to terms ( $$$)
but there may be some gentlemen's agreement that come Nov 1 when other clubs' can officially table an offer that they don't want to sell themselves too short and see how close we are.
We do have a history of strained negotiations so it wouldn't surprise me and Manly would be loathe to entertain Des' past backloading strategies.

There will definitely be clubs out there that want them and would know they come as a package so how much money they are prepared to actually offer is an unknown.

Depends on what they think they're worth and what it's worth to them to stay local stars.

Just my speculation - was actually talking about this last night.

I still think they have come to an agreement and the announcement will be used as part of the Xmas membership drive.

If we were a slight chance of losing them Buzz and Weidler would be frothing at the mouth publishing all the doom and gloom.

relax people, this will be a trumpeted announcement to coincide with a membership drive to come, id say deal has been done behind closed doors.

View attachment 12982
If the rorters players sign for less $$$ to play for the honour (hurl! -as if!- what a load of rubbish!), then surely the Turbos can do the same to stay at their junior club.

I still think they have come to an agreement and the announcement will be used as part of the Xmas membership drive.

If we were a slight chance of losing them Buzz and Weidler would be frothing at the mouth publishing all the doom and gloom.

Agree, it would be all over the media if so.

The terrible thing is that it’s actually possible!

Two million plus for the Roosters is small change.

I still doubt they’d leave BUT $$$$$$ do talk.
I know the T bros have zero intention of leaving Manly....but agree Anything is possible with the Roosters endless cash flow....if this did happen (1%), I think fans from all NRL teams would abandon the game, I would be the first to go !!

I know the T bros have zero intention of leaving Manly....but agree Anything is possible with the Roosters endless cash flow....if this did happen (1%), I think fans from all NRL teams would abandon the game, I would be the first to go !!

The **** would REALLY hit the fan wouldn’t it , the game we all think is corrupt would be shown up big time.

I don’t know about walking away but I’d certainly be protesting the loudest!!

Was in Sydney yesterday and ran into Jake T, asked how Tom was going, and he said Tom was struggling with doing what the Doctors wanted as he want to rush back into getting fit again and wanting to be ahead of schedule. Asked about contracts and gave me a wink and said "all will be good mate". Got to say Jake is really a great bloke! Nothing phases him

Was in Sydney yesterday and ran into Jake T, asked how Tom was going, and he said Tom was struggling with doing what the Doctors wanted as he want to rush back into getting fit again and wanting to be ahead of schedule. Asked about contracts and gave me a wink and said "all will be good mate". Got to say Jake is really a great bloke! Nothing phases him

Nice work, I’m sure it’s all done and dusted and couldn’t see them being anywhere else!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4