Hannant linked to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think with DCE and possibly Foran (if he stays) it would be better to increase their factional strength by getting a young prop.

Don't need any more oldies wagging their toungues at the future thank you very much.

Don't soon it happening as Hannants keeps going on about living near Brisbane. Also alot of broncos fans have stories about him being disruptive to the young broncos.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Can anyone explain to me all this seriously bad stuff that Mason has done ?

I recall rumours of him failing a inhouse drug test for recreational drugs. For me that is a who cares. Then I think the rest was rumours of him being destabilising etc. Even of that was true he seems fine now.

I love willy, he told sbw to stay with the dogs for less cash because everyone was staying, next minute Willie leaves.

I have only heard very positive things about Mason since he left the Dogs.

Hannants is a big no thanks from me.

I think Mason is a clown, but regardless of what I think of his personality, it's his footballing prowess that bothers me the most. He is 34 now, and was never that great even in his prime. He will be another year older, another year slower, and another year closer to retirement. Gloss over the great teams of the last 10 years, and none of them won a premiership with a 35 year old front rower on their roster.

As for Hannant; NO WAY!

Snake said:
I think Mason is a clown, but regardless of what I think of his personality, it's his footballing prowess that bothers me the most. He is 34 now, and was never that great even in his prime. He will be another year older, another year slower, and another year closer to retirement. Gloss over the great teams of the last 10 years, and none of them won a premiership with a 35 year old front rower on their roster.

You are dreaming if you think we are a premiership team next year. I'm as optimistic as anyone but reality tells me next year will be a little step back and build again.We cannot go around next year without added depth in the front row by the end of the year our props were shot.

Mavin said:
Snake said:

You are dreaming if you think we are a premiership team next year. I'm a bigger fan as anyone but next year will be a little step back and build again.We cannot go around next year without added depth in the front row by the end of the year our props were shot.

I'm not dreaming. We played most of the year with Gifty and still finished equal first. We came within one point of pre-lim final without our regular hooker and starting backrow. Next year we will have the same team, minus maybe Anthony Watmough, who is past his best anyway. Lui, JSL, Symonds, and Starling are all another year older and wiser in the top grade. Augment that with a big bopper (below the age of 30 please) and an injury free side come the business end of the season and we are as good a chance as anyone.

I'm not buying into this rebuild period just because some other members of the forum or the media have touted it; I make up my own mind. Rebuilding is for the Dragons and Tigers, not Manly. We rebuild on the run, and keep winning.

Article from SMH:

Ben Hannant admits he "wouldn't get a Christmas card" from ex-Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin but does not regret the incident that put him on the outer at the Broncos.

Off contract Hannant, 29, is sweating on a new deal from Griffin's replacement - master coach Wayne Bennett - after admitting he has not received official offers from other clubs ahead of the 2015 NRL season.

Hannant had been linked to the North Queensland Cowboys, Gold Coast and Manly.

However, the ex-Test prop is still keen to stay at Brisbane despite falling out of favour at the club with Griffin at the helm.

It is believed Griffin was unhappy about the advice Hannant gave to a young Broncos player about his market value in May.

Hannant reportedly told the player what a realistic contract offer for next season would resemble without realising his young teammate was already in negotiations with the club.

Asked about his relationship with Griffin, Hannant told Triple M radio: "I wouldn't get a Christmas card.

"We didn't gel as well as we would have liked but that's footy - now we move on."

Hannant saw little first grade action after the incident but claimed he would do the same thing again if the situation arose.

"I honestly did nothing different to any other senior player did to me when I was coming through when I asked them for advice," he said.

"And I will continue to do that. I will stick to who I am."

Regarding his future, Hannant said the ball was now in Brisbane's court.

"I would love to stay but I am a realist," he said.

"There is only so much you can fit in that salary cap.

"Wayne's gone away and see what he can do in the next couple of weeks so I will just keep playing the patient game.

"There are no official offers yet (from other clubs)."

Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

You are dreaming if you think we are a premiership team next year. I'm a bigger fan as anyone but next year will be a little step back and build again.We cannot go around next year without added depth in the front row by the end of the year our props were shot.

I'm not dreaming. We played most of the year with Gifty and still finished equal first. We came within one point of pre-lim final without our regular hooker and starting backrow. Next year we will have the same team, minus maybe Anthony Watmough, who is past his best anyway. Lui, JSL, Symonds, and Starling are all another year older and wiser in the top grade. Augment that with a big bopper (below the age of 30 please) and an injury free side come the business end of the season and we are as good a chance as anyone.

I'm not buying into this rebuild period just because some other members of the forum or the media have touted it; I make up my own mind. Rebuilding is for the Dragons and Tigers, not Manly. We rebuild on the run, and keep winning.
I Disagree a rebuild does not mean bottom of the ladder it just means step back and reload. I hope I'm wrong I'd love a premiership next year. It's good to hear others opinions though.

Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:
Augment that with a big bopper (below the age of 30 please)

The problem is who? I don't see anyone fitting that bill under 30 who is first grade quality and still available.

Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

People were saying the same thing after the Lowe era, and then along comes Kosef, Gartner, Menzies, Ryan, Moore and Elsegood. Of course we need a re-build. Until this happens we won't win another comp. Jake T, Tom T, Gutherson, Hodges et al are the future. Another 5 year plan please!

Mavin said:
Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

I Disagree a rebuild does not mean bottom of the ladder it just means step back and reload. I hope I'm wrong I'd love a premiership next year. It's good to hear others opinions though.

Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

The problem is who? I don't see anyone fitting that bill under 30 who is first grade quality and still available.

I'd have Russell Packer in a heart beat. I also think Mitch Allgood could be a good player with the right coaching; the guy is 194cm tall and 110kg, which makes him easily the biggest player in the pack if we could snare him. It's a matter of whether Skivvy would be willing to play with him, but from all reports, Matai is not the type hold grudges or sulk about something that happens on the field.

Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

I'd have Russell Packer in a heart beat. I also think Mitch Allgood could be a good player with the right coaching; the guy is 194cm tall and 110kg, which makes him easily the biggest player in the pack if we could snare him. It's a matter of whether Skivvy would be willing to play with him, but from all reports, Matai is not the type hold grudges or sulk about something that happens on the field.
Gee man you have lost me with Russell Packer,you think Mason is a clown this guy is either pissing on the field or bashing than stomping on some guy's head. If we signed him I'm out he is a first class grub. Allgood I agree.

Mavin said:
Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

Snake said:
Mavin said:
Snake said:

Gee man you have lost me with Russell Packer,you think Mason is a clown this guy is either pissing on the field or bashing than stomping on some guy's head. If we signed him I'm out he is a first class grub. Allgood I agree.

Fair enough, but watch Ivan Cleary snap him at Penrith and get him going again. I get your angle, but another club will give him a lifeline and he will repay the faith and all will be forgotten; it might as well be us.

Lord Eagleton said:
No more than your fine self Stevo. 34, hmm yeah thats a perfect age to recruit a prop forward. Id rather recruit a player who is 5-6 years younger and who does not have ADD

As if it's called recruitment.

It's called 'Hey Willie, come to Manly for a year (maybe 2) on the cheap and let some of your hard head take no $hit bully boy tactics rub off on the soft as marshmallow young props we have here at the moment".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6